• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sartorio (Kiton)

bslo

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently purchased a Sartorio sportcoat and am wondering about the label. I searched the archives and learned that Kiton purchased the label a couple of years ago. This certainly seems to be accurate, becuase the Sartorio sportcoat had unfinished sleeves and the buttons came in a Kiton pouch. So I know the coat was made by Kiton. My question is how the Sartorio line differs from the regular Kiton line. It may be that the line is geared towards a younger audience. The coat is a drop 8 and is perhaps made of a somewhat more stylish material (a dark blue with incredibly faint stripes--can't tell that there are stripes from more than a couple feet away). I'm certainly no expert on Kiton (I don't own any), but I can't imagine that the quality is less than the regular Kiton line (of course, I could be wrong). It is an incredibly beautiful jacket and seems to be made to the same standards. Absolutely no shoulder pads, hand stitching everywhere, puckered sleeveheads. Does anyone have any knowledge of this label?

Thanks

dorian

Reaction score
Sartorio was purchased from Attolini several years ago. It is a *lesser* labels, but what that means exactly is unclear (as you noted).

A play to the younger audience, at a lower price point with less intricate handwork but similar styling, is the opinion the Vaclav in me has.

bslo

Reaction score
THis is all I could find on the Kiton site (from the year 2002):

"Through the controlled company Pakin Srl, Kiton starts the Sartorio line, which is addressed to young customers fond of fashionable but classical clothes."

So the line is perhaps a bit more fashionable, and the cuts are probably a bit slimmer. I'm still wondering about the difference in construction, though. The construction of the Sartorio line can't be significantly inferior, if at all, to the regular Kiton line.

ragdoll

Reaction score
I think given the lower price point, it would have to be "inferior" either in construction (hours of tailoring) or materials. Still could be a nice garment, though.

HRHAndrew

Reaction score
I have a couple of Sartorio pieces, and find them to be of excellent quality. You would have to be very skilled to tell the differences between Kiton and Sartorio. If you ever see a piece that catches your eye, I would recommend buying it.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bslo
I'm still wondering about the difference in construction, though. The construction of the Sartorio line can't be significantly inferior, if at all, to the regular Kiton line.

Why not? Sartotio is comparable to Gianluca Isaia.

dorian

Reaction score
Wow, Andrew... Talk about a blast from the past. I can't remember seeing you post since around the time I was lurking and finally signed on here several years.

You must have felt a disturbance in the force, eh?

bslo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Why not? Sartotio is comparable to Gianluca Isaia.

Is that based on your evaluation or did you learn this from a source? Again, I'm not an expert, but the Sartorio jacket I have seems nicer than Gianluca Isaia. The brand was purchased from Attolini, so I can't imagine that Kiton lowered the quality of the label when they purchased it. It might not be to the standard of the regular Kiton line, however.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is that based on your evaluation or did you learn this from a source? Again, I'm not an expert, but the Sartorio jacket I have seems nicer than Gianluca Isaia. The brand was purchased from Attolini, so I can't imagine that Kiton lowered the quality of the label when they purchased it. It might not be to the standard of the regular Kiton line, however.

That is what the people at Kiton told me. It was a lower brand for Attolini as well.

bslo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
That is what the people at Kiton told me. It was a lower brand for Attolini as well.

I actually knew it was a lower brand for Attolini. I don't know what I was thinking with the last post. Sartorio still seems nicer than Isaia to me (more handwork, softer tailoring). In any case, I recommend the label.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I actually knew it was a lower brand for Attolini. I don't know what I was thinking with the last post. Sartorio still seems nicer than Isaia to me (more handwork, softer tailoring). In any case, I recommend the label.

I should have said competes with Isaia rather than is comparable to Isaia.

HRHAndrew

Reaction score
"Wow, Andrew... Talk about a blast from the past. I can't remember seeing you post since around the time I was lurking and finally signed on here several years.

You must have felt a disturbance in the force, eh?"

I am surprised that anyone remembered me, it has been awhile. I did sense a disturbance... Something about Sartorio being a lower level line. I have suits by Kiton, Attolini and Sartorio. Construction wise I can't see any differences. But I am a bit older than I was last time I posed here.

farfisa23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Blast from the past thread bump but used the search function as the Interwebs lords laid out.

After MacWorld today (macbook air, bleh), I wandered over to Nordy's and tried on a Sartorio.

Amazing suit, fabrics, construction, everything seemed like Kiton (I think) but the cut was much more modern. I know same factories, etc...

Anyone own one? Advice? Even on sale, they are close to 2K for a suit and 1600 for a jacket. I slipped into an E Zegna afterwards, no comparison. The Su Misura felt like 24 oz cloth from the 1920s.

spectre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one hopefully winging its way to Australia - I'll let you know when it arrives.
I'll let you know how it compares with my Isaia as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics