• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sartorio (Kiton)

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Sartorio sportscoat, which is great. The cut and shoulders are not as soft as Kiton but it has a very nice silhouette. I wouldn't pay anywhere close to retail for it (but then again I wouldn't for any suit makers)

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sorry for the old thread bump

eyeing couple of Satorio items , can ppl who own both Isaia and Sartorio comment on the fit of Satorio compared to Isaia? Slimmer or fuller, specifically compared to Isaia S and V model.

thanks

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd say it fits pretty much the same as Isaia. I don't know what S and V are but all my Isaia suits fit exactly the same for the same size

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Why not? Sartotio is comparable to Gianluca Isaia.
Wow, just noticed this thread as I was thinking of purchasing a Sartorio suit. Matt, I think that the comparison with the Gianluca line of Isaia may be a little off. The Gianluca jackets are, I've been told, fused. I doubt very much if the Sartorio line of Kiton has fused jackets (although I'm open to correction on that point). My guess is that the Sartorio line is closer to the top Isaia line than to the Gianluca line.

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I'd say it fits pretty much the same as Isaia. I don't know what S and V are but all my Isaia suits fit exactly the same for the same size
gdl203, I need to pick your brain for a moment. I'm looking for a new suit. I currently have one Isaia Sirio A suit, which is a very good fit. It sounds from your comments that I could expect an Isaia Enrico model to fit the same; correct? Do you have any experience with the other Isaia models, the Cary, Trent, etc.? I know they differ in some details like the number of trouser pleats, for example, but could I expect the same fit in the jacket with them? I think I've asked this before, but please indulge me!

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roger
Wow, just noticed this thread as I was thinking of purchasing a Sartorio suit. Matt, I think that the comparison with the Gianluca line of Isaia may be a little off. The Gianluca jackets are, I've been told, fused. I doubt very much if the Sartorio line of Kiton has fused jackets (although I'm open to correction on that point). My guess is that the Sartorio line is closer to the top Isaia line than to the Gianluca line.

"Gianluca Isaia" is different from the "Gianluca line of Isaia"

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gdl203, I need to pick your brain for a moment. I'm looking for a new suit. I currently have one Isaia Sirio A suit, which is a very good fit. It sounds from your comments that I could expect an Isaia Enrico model to fit the same; correct? Do you have any experience with the other Isaia models, the Cary, Trent, etc.? I know they differ in some details like the number of trouser pleats, for example, but could I expect the same fit in the jacket with them? I think I've asked this before, but please indulge me!

Honestly, I have no idea what the name of my Isaia models are. I probably have 6 Isaia suits and 2 or 3 sports coats. They're in the same size (54L) and the jackets all fit pretty much the same. They generally need a little bit of waist suppression from my tailor but otherwise, they seem to fit the same at the shoulders and chest. All are double vented but I cannot imagine the fit would be different if they were center vented

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitingStyle
sorry for the old thread bump

eyeing couple of Satorio items , can ppl who own both Isaia and Sartorio comment on the fit of Satorio compared to Isaia? Slimmer or fuller, specifically compared to Isaia S and V model.

thanks

definitely slimmer for the Sartorio and higher quality, imho. Mine looks like a 1930's suit - just stunning

I'm actually going to list a NWT Sartorio in charcoal in 44R for sale in a few days because as spectacular as it, my shoulders are too big after working out and I got an amazing price from remida05 ($480) and want to pass along the good deal to someone who can fit in it

also going to list a 44R Isaia NWT is a great solid brown color (stunning) for $425 or so, so those of you who liked the Kent Wang brown contest should check it out

timeless

Reaction score
The Enrico has a stronger more padded shoulder than the Sirio. The Cary that I ahve seems closer to the Sirio.

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitingStyle
So how much slimmer you would say?

comparing my Isaia ( Sirio model) to the Sartorio, the Sartorio is much slimmer in the body and that's not saying it won't fit, it's just that the shape of the Sartorio is just perfectly slim whereas the Sirio needs more waist suppression

the pants on the Sartorio are also slimmer in profile by quite a bit

hope this helps

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
"Gianluca Isaia" is different from the "Gianluca line of Isaia"
That's true. I assumed when I read Iammatt's post that he was drawing an analogy between Kiton>Sartorio as Isaia>Gianluca line. Maybe I read his post incorrectly, and he was comparing the Sartorio line to the top Isaia line, but it didn't seem like it.

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by timeless
The Enrico has a stronger more padded shoulder than the Sirio. The Cary that I have seems closer to the Sirio.
That's very helpful, timeless. Is the cut of the Enrico (aside from the shoulders) and the fit like those of the Sirio? And the Cary fits like the Sirio? I'm asking all of this because Pete Testa (Nitr-O) has a number of Isaia suits--although no Sirios.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That's true. I assumed when I read Iammatt's post that he was drawing an analogy between Kiton>Sartorio as Isaia>Gianluca line. Maybe I read his post incorrectly, and he was comparing the Sartorio line to the top Isaia line, but it didn't seem like it.

Gdl is right. That said, I was told by the people at Kiton that Sartorio was made in the woman's production which would indicate fusing. Some kiton does include fusing, but not the suits. Either way, it is good quality fusing, so I wouldn't worry about it. My feeling is that the quality difference between kuton and isaia is minimal anyway.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads