• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

San Francisco, Bay Area, SF, Styleforum Meetup – Hosted by Gustin Jeans – Nov 7th

gustin

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Will there be any merch for sale during the meetup, or is Gustin sticking to the crowd fund busn model?

We're definitely sticking to the crowdfunded business model (it's the only way to keep the prices where they are), but may have some extra inventory around.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
B Bar at night...

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And yes, they do serve oysters.

He was a bold man that first ate an oyster.
- Jonathan Swift

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

gustin

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

The party will take place in our office/loft, on our friend's private patio, and our roof deck (pictured above)!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hello gustin, Namor here wearing RRL selvedge chinos and they aren't as sturdy as I would like. Is the gustin selvedge chino still a possibility? I was busy desposing the body of girlfriend (I told her to use birth control but she wouldn't listen) and it wasnt until i washed them (cold wash of course) that I noticed they were beginning to thin out in the crotch area, probably from all the digging. Regarding Gustin chinos, what ummm, weight is the fabric going to be, is it heavy? Because I need something that can hold up over the course of multiple relationships

Last edited:

gustin

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello gustin, Namor here wearing RRL selvedge chinos and they aren't as sturdy as I would like. Is the gustin selvedge chino still a possibility? I was busy desposing the body of girlfriend (I told her to use birth control but she wouldn't listen). Back on topic, what ummm, weight is the fabric going to be, is it heavy? Because I need something that can hold up over the course of multiple relationships

Namor - we're still working on the fit block. We'll probably offer it in a few different weights - you can choose the weight that best corresponds to the number of relationships you'd like for it to last.

meimeimade

Reaction score
It's between my office and my apartment, and I stop in for happy hour oysters (and sangria) quite regularly. Glad you can make it!
4.gif

Last edited:

books and tweed

Reaction score
This event is forcing me to confront my past - the only denim I own is a pair of extremely skinny black jeans from mid high school's poetry phase. I refuse to be that one guy who comes in a suit, though.

brodog

Reaction score
Me too. Lucky me my office is 200' away.

By the way, if you had parents coming to visit you in SF, where would you take them to eat assuming you had a budget of about at most $250?

Last edited:

barrelntrigger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This event is forcing me to confront my past - the only denim I own is a pair of extremely skinny black jeans from mid high school's poetry phase. I refuse to be that one guy who comes in a suit, though.
HA! Rock some chinos or chords!

By the way, if you had parents coming to visit you in SF, where would you take them to eat assuming you had a budget of about at most $250?
I would do Mel's diner.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In addition to denim, Gustin also offers shirts in a variety of materials. I'm sure they will have a few examples for us to see including some fabrics swatches for upcoming batches.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads