1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung Galaxy SIII

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by blairh, Jun 15, 2012.

1. smallfry

smallfry Member

I was a Nokia fan for years and I converted to Samsung in 2010 love the galaxy range even their tablets. Highly recommend them.

2. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

So far so good. Only issue is the battery kind of sucks but that was expected due to the big screen. Waiting to buy an extended battery once they come out with a thin, reliatble one.

3. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

I love it, but the battery kinda sucks.

4. sportin_life

sportin_life Senior member

Got "Juice defender" app and it makes a world of a difference. So far today, it's at 95% after about 9 hours with rare checks on email and 1 phone call. Before the app, I would drop to 70% after a few hours.

5. lallas

lallas Member

An amazing app, have it on my phone and tablet.

6. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Senior member

What does the app do?

7. sonick

sonick Senior member

I tried it, but didn't like how it would disable the data when the screen is off, which I guess is the main way they reduce battery consumption. Or is there a way around that? I like to get push email notifications rather than at a set time interval.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  8. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

I'm thinking about waiting until the new iPhone comes out and then picking the GS3 up if the iPhone doesn't wow me. Really liked it when i checked it out at the store today.

Any of you guys want to chime in about how you like it so far after a couple weeks of use?

9. JuyLe

JuyLe Senior member

I might have posted here too much but after a month and a half I still really like it.

The only thing that bothers me is that it's not the most beautiful object although it's not horrible either and the blue colour is growing on me.

10. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

Went ahead and picked up a GS3 the other week. Really enjoying it. Getting better battery life than my 4S. Seems to be a great phone.

11. sonick

sonick Senior member

Had it for two weeks now, and really enjoying it. Screen is amazing, blazing fast with no lag. A handful of stability issues but not a regular occurrence.

Getting great battery life with Lux Auto Brightness and Nova Launcher seems to have slightly improved battery life as well.

Although LTE, even with a strong signal, sucks up battery life pretty severely. I stick with 4G unless I am on a prolong surfing session.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  12. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

I've had an iPhone 4 since it came out, and it's getting kind of broken here and there and I think it might be time for a change. Is there any reason NOT to get the Samsung Galaxy S III? I feel like it is the best phone on the market right now.

13. Pennglock

Pennglock Senior member

Note 2

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2