• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Salvatore Ferragamo - Tramezza Lace-Up Shoes

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty
They are gone today, but they were there early yesterday. Sold out or maybe they did a price correction.
confused.gif

Perhaps the sale was for a limited time? Fortunately I ordered them when they went down to $430. I don't know how these will fit, but with free shipping, I got nothing to lose trying them on as it seems I ordered the last size 11.

I wouldn't be too hopeful to find shoes as nice as these Accentos to be on E-bay or at SOF in my size. I would have to be extremely lucky. I'm not sure who else (besides a Ferragamo store itself) sells these shoes, but figuring Saks has limited sizes left, it must be selling well enough that getting them at a deep discount is more likely not to happen. But we'll see in about 5 or 6 months!

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
KIF_3220.jpg

Hmmm. The chisel-toed Tramezzas seem more square than the English favorites here. Agree?

How do the shoes in the Accento's style compare with similar C&J lasts?

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C&J and Tramezza offer a totally different aesthetic. C&Js are usually made in a more aggressive English look, while Tramezza offer a more relaxed Italian look.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Almighty1
thinman, that's true but teddieriley mentioned earlier in this thread the Accento's were $430 on saks.com but when I checked yesterday, it was still $720. Hmm, what store is SOF since I couldn't figure out what the full name of that one is.

SOF = Saks Off Fifth, the discount Saks store.

odoreater, I would have switched the adjectives you used to describe C&J vs. Tramezza shoes. I consider my Tramezzas aggressive Italian shoes and my C&J shoes more relaxed. Perhaps you mean that Tramezzas are relaxed compared to other Italian shoes?

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not so sure I'd use "relaxed" for either. I would say that I think Italian shoes are a lot more aggressive than British shoes in general.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do not like those medallions at all, too flowery.
I am glad I did not bid on them on Ebay when they were selling at $260.00

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman
SOF = Saks Off Fifth, the discount Saks store.

odoreater, I would have switched the adjectives you used to describe C&J vs. Tramezza shoes. I consider my Tramezzas aggressive Italian shoes and my C&J shoes more relaxed. Perhaps you mean that Tramezzas are relaxed compared to other Italian shoes?

I guess we might be using the term "aggressive" in different ways. When I was using the word, I used it not to necessarily define the shoes themselves, but the image that they impart on the wearer.

For example, I wear my C&Js with a solid navy suit, solid shirt and conservative tie to places where I want to portray the image of being "aggressive" or serious or a "don't **** with me" kind of attitude.

On the other hand, I wear my Tramezzas around the office with more casual outfits when I want to present a kind of casual/comfortable image.

I basically see the English as stodgy and serious and the Italians as cool and comfortable, and I feel that C&J and Tramezza reflect these images respectively.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got the Accento Tramezza from Saks.com. I thought they looked quite similar to my C&J Weymouth's, and thought I would probably just return them. Once I put them on, they were the most comfortable shoes I have tried on, right off the bat. I think the last and width is just right for my foot. Plus, they feel nicely cushioned and not stiff like my other shoes. These are definitely keepers, notwithstanding I just got the Weymouths.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The word to use is "authoritative."

illmaticnyc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
I saw that Accento in a store here last week and I believe it's a new model. It's very nice indeed and quite different from the Fiorenzo (4 eyelet captoe blucher) style as thinman points out. They didn't have my size (9.5EE) but I tried on a 9 and 10 and agree that it's a more narrow last than the Merald 2 or Gherardo. Also, the Nostro is true wholecut with no medallion while the Accento has stitching on the sides so it's more of a plaintoe bal with medallion. Perhaps the price difference is because it's a new style or the leather is a bit better. Anyhow, I would go for it over the Fiorenzo or Nostro but that's purely a matter of preference and fit.

AE are good shoes but an entirely different aesthetic than SF. As for sizing, I don't think they run small but do run a bit narrow. Unless you're on the narrow side of D width, best to with a EE in Tramezza.

do you think you can wear drydens with slim fitting dress pants? or would you consider these shoes to be clunky?

kiLLscaLLion

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can try on Tramezzas in New York? I asked around at Barneys but they haven't even heard of the line.

JParker89

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kiLLscaLLion
Does anyone know where I can try on Tramezzas in New York? I asked around at Barneys but they haven't even heard of the line.

The flagship Ferragamo store on 5th Avenue.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have accento's? I just picked up a pair from kanvas on ebay for 360 shipped (best offer).

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rioni
Anyone else have accento's? I just picked up a pair from kanvas on ebay for 360 shipped (best offer).

I bought Teddie Reiley's pair. They're AWESOME. It's the shoe I get the most compliments on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads