• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Salvatore Ferragamo - Tramezza Lace-Up Shoes

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leaveitothexperts
I would like some more precise fit advice on the Gherardo. I do not own any tramezzas, so this would be my first. I wear a 9D in most US shoes but had to get a 8.5M in these martegannis (9M was too wide):

http://www.francos.com/items/item.asp?sku5=27540

Would a 9B be too narrow in the Gherardo?

9B won't work. You'll need a 9D. I am a 9.5E and the 9.5EE Gherardo is a bit big on me while the D is too small. I am still keeping them because they're so nice...
inlove.gif

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
The Daniely is plain perforated captoe with no medallion or brogueing. The Gherardo is a half-brogue with medallion. They are also made on different lasts AFAIK. I have never seen a Gherardo in anything other than chocolate suede. I have seen the Daniely in black, tan and burgundy calf.

Your description is spot on. I own both in brown calf, though my Gherardo is a light brown, not quite what I would call tan, and my Daniely is quite dark (chestnut?).

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saks.com put the Accento Tramezza's on sale. It went down to $430 + Tax and shipping, it amounts to $480.

Is that a good buy on these shoes, especially considering sizing is limited?

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
Saks.com put the Accento Tramezza's on sale. It went down to $430 + Tax and shipping, it amounts to $480.

It's an excellent deal for a new model Tramezza. Perhaps in a couple of years you will find some discounted ones at $350, otherwise you will have a hard time doing better than $430.

nl06

Reaction score

Can't comment on whether it's a good buy, but promo code FSNOV6 will get you free shipping through this coming Sunday.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

unfortunately, the only sizes they have are 8 and 8.5, and in only one colour

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nl06
Can't comment on whether it's a good buy, but promo code FSNOV6 will get you free shipping through this coming Sunday.

Great, thanks! Looks like they are going to retroactively apply it. Saves $16.00, not bad.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's a very good price, but I expect these to be available on ebay for $350 by Spring 2007.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman
It's a very good price, but I expect these to be available on ebay for $350 by Spring 2007.

They will be less then that at the Saks second cut sale, probably around the $279 that I got my Tramezza boots for there over the summer.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
They will be less then that at the Saks second cut sale, probably around the $279 that I got my Tramezza boots for there over the summer.

Thanks for the tip, Ed. Do you know when the sale will occur?

Almighty1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman

Hmm, does this mean that the Fiorenzo's will be worth more than the Accento's since I don't see any price cuts on the $650 Fiorenzo price tag yet. I just looked on saks.com and it still shows the Accento at $720.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Almighty1
Hmm, does this mean that the Fiorenzo's will be worth more than the Accento's since I don't see any price cuts on the $650 Fiorenzo price tag yet. I just looked on saks.com and it still shows the Accento at $720.
I must admit that Tramezzas don't always make it to ebay or the outlets. I've never seen the Fiorenzo on ebay or in the Cabazon outlet store. They told me at Cabazon that the Fiorenzo sells so well in the mainline stores that they don't expect to get any. Though others may have better success, the only decent shoes I've seen during 10 months of stopping regularly at my local SOF is one pair of Zegna Coutures and two pairs of Stefano Bemer for Valextra, none of them in my size. So waiting for a better price on the Accento is, naturally, a risk. Waiting the Fiorenzo to appear on ebay/at outlets may be a vain hope.

Almighty1

Reaction score
thinman, that's true but teddieriley mentioned earlier in this thread the Accento's were $430 on saks.com but when I checked yesterday, it was still $720. Hmm, what store is SOF since I couldn't figure out what the full name of that one is.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are gone today, but they were there early yesterday. Sold out or maybe they did a price correction.
confused.gif

Almighty1

Reaction score
I don't think they are sold out since it seems like even now, only 8D and 8 1/2D are available.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads