• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Salvatore Ferragamo - Tramezza Lace-Up Shoes

Almighty1

Reaction score
Greetings everyone:

I am looking into the purchase of a Ferragamo - Tramezza Lace-Up shoe and I noticed the Fiorenzo which is available for $650.00 retail is available at Neiman-Marcus Online as well as both Nordstrom stores and Salvatore Ferragamo stores.

SFN3716_mp.jpg

However, I noticed that Sak's Fifth Avenue online and the local Neiman Marcus store here in San Francisco have something called the Accento which retails for the $720.00 but the Salvatore Ferragamo store has never even heard of that model since they said the next model up is the one with the Ostrich leather other than the Fiorenzo. Has anyone actually seen or compare the two shoes and know what the differences are as there is a $70 difference and it seems that both the Nostro and the Fiorenzo are $650 and the only difference is the Fiorenzo has the design at the toe cap. And from the pictures people posted of their Tramezza lace-up shoes, it seems like everyone has the Fiorenzo. Allen-Edmonds has a shoe called the Dryden which seems to look like the Fiorenzo but how do they compare in comfort and quality?

0414332999404_500x500.jpg

The other thing is that I know everyone says that Ferragamo runs small but is it just length or is it width as well? I'm trying to figure out what size I need as I have always wore athetic shoes, namely Nike and Adidas which are size 10 in the standard medium D width and I know brands like Reebok are larger and requires a 9.5. Thanks everyone!

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Fiorenzo is a blucher style, whereas the second picture you show is a balmoral. I have a SF catalog and will try to remember to check for the Accento this evening. I did notice that some San Francisco stores seemed to carry some Tramezza styles unique to their store (i.e. not in the Ferragamo store or catalog).

I recommend you try on the shoes before buying. The Fiorenzo is on the same last as the Filosofo monkstrap that I own and it's narrow through the toe box. After multiple wearing, it's comfortable, but it pinched at first.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear almost exclusively Ferragamo shoes because they run narrow. The Tramezzas are a little more generous than the regular line, but I find that they are significantly narrower than Allen Edmonds. I wear a 9B in Ferragamo but need an A in AE, Alden, etc.

As for quality, the Tramezza shoes are excellent. Allen Edmonds are also very fine shoes, and they certainly cost less. Aesthetically, they're different. In the end, though, go for fit and comfort. Once you know your size, you can often pick up Ferragamos at a reasonable price on Ebay. I paid about $300 for my last pair of Tramezzas.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw that Accento in a store here last week and I believe it's a new model. It's very nice indeed and quite different from the Fiorenzo (4 eyelet captoe blucher) style as thinman points out. They didn't have my size (9.5EE) but I tried on a 9 and 10 and agree that it's a more narrow last than the Merald 2 or Gherardo. Also, the Nostro is true wholecut with no medallion while the Accento has stitching on the sides so it's more of a plaintoe bal with medallion. Perhaps the price difference is because it's a new style or the leather is a bit better. Anyhow, I would go for it over the Fiorenzo or Nostro but that's purely a matter of preference and fit.

AE are good shoes but an entirely different aesthetic than SF. As for sizing, I don't think they run small but do run a bit narrow. Unless you're on the narrow side of D width, best to with a EE in Tramezza.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The Accento is the narrowest of the Tramezzas I own. I think the price difference has to do with it being in this season's collection, which I think SF priced at $720 across the board, a hefty price increase from the prior $650
frown.gif

That being said, I'd take it before the first one you showed. While it is narrow, somehow your feet just fit in there (assumng you are a D width). They look very sleek and of course look wonderful with grey and blue suits.

Any excuse to post the Tramezzas (just got the suede Gherardo
inlove.gif
)
KIF_3220.jpg

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
(just got the suede Gherardo
inlove.gif
)

Pics please. I am waiting for mine and will envy yours while I wait...

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
I love the Tremezza line. I had an MTO one done via Neimans and it is one of my best shoes. They can run narrow depending on the model. A legacy of the smaller Italian foot I suppose.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Pics please. I am waiting for mine and will envy yours while I wait...

Here's a picture of mine from the Shoe Appreciation thread:

tramsuecl6.jpg

biggrin.gif

Almighty1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman
The Fiorenzo is a blucher style, whereas the second picture you show is a balmoral. I have a SF catalog and will try to remember to check for the Accento this evening. I did notice that some San Francisco stores seemed to carry some Tramezza styles unique to their store (i.e. not in the Ferragamo store or catalog).

I recommend you try on the shoes before buying. The Fiorenzo is on the same last as the Filosofo monkstrap that I own and it's narrow through the toe box. After multiple wearing, it's comfortable, but it pinched at first.

One thing weird is as I wear a size 10 for athetic shoes for Adidas/Nike, it seems like Nordstrom's recommendation is 1/2 size smaller so what they had me do was tried a 8 1/2 D, 9D and a 9 1/2D, only the 9 1/2D did it not pinch at the tongue area but all three sizes had one issue, it seems my ankle can slide inside the shoe with the laces tied and I can take the shoe off if I pulled on hard enough. Is the ankle supposed to be able to move at all with the laces tied? Speaking about San Francisco stores, how many stores carries the Tramezza's other than Sak's, Neiman-Marcus and Nordstrom since Bloomingdale's only carries their Studio line and their mainline.

As far as Allen-Edmonds and Ferragamo's Tramezza line, where would the leather heeled Bally lace up's that are made in Switzerland for $400 retail fit in? Would it actually be below the AE's in terms of quality? One thing I noticed is that it seems all the soles or heels of AE's that are supposedly leather like the Park Avenue has some rubber on it which might be good for traction but seems to make the shoe less classy.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Any excuse to post the Tramezzas (just got the suede Gherardo
inlove.gif
)
KIF_3220.jpg

Those wholecuts and the chukka boots look fantastic! that reddish brown really look rich

Almighty1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
I saw that Accento in a store here last week and I believe it's a new model. It's very nice indeed and quite different from the Fiorenzo (4 eyelet captoe blucher) style as thinman points out. They didn't have my size (9.5EE) but I tried on a 9 and 10 and agree that it's a more narrow last than the Merald 2 or Gherardo. Also, the Nostro is true wholecut with no medallion while the Accento has stitching on the sides so it's more of a plaintoe bal with medallion. Perhaps the price difference is because it's a new style or the leather is a bit better. Anyhow, I would go for it over the Fiorenzo or Nostro but that's purely a matter of preference and fit.

AE are good shoes but an entirely different aesthetic than SF. As for sizing, I don't think they run small but do run a bit narrow. Unless you're on the narrow side of D width, best to with a EE in Tramezza.

I did noticed after looking at the pictures that it has one extra eyelet but that couldn't be the reason for the $70 increase. I'm not positive but I think the Accento only comes in one color and not the colors the Fiorenzo comes in.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ed, I own 4 pairs of Tramezzas, but I'm jealous of your ankle boots! The Accentos and brown Filosofos are sweet, too (my Filosofos are black).

Almighty1, I saw Tramezzas in the window of a small store located, I believe, on the north side of Union square. I could find the store again quickly, but I don't remember the name. I guess I'm a visual learner.

Almighty1

Reaction score
thinman,

Now I have to figure out which side is North since are you sure it wasn't the Salvatore Farragamo shop which is right next to Louis Vuitton? or do you mean the side of the street where Williams-Sonoma and Levi's is?

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Almighty1
thinman, Now I have to figure out which side is North since are you sure it wasn't the Salvatore Farragamo shop which is right next to Louis Vuitton? or do you mean the side of the street where Williams-Sonoma and Levi's is?
Yeah, I'm sure it wasn't the Ferragamo store, but I'm not sure it was the north side. I just googled a street map of downtown SF and IIRC, it was Stockton Street (yes, that's east of Union Square).

Almighty1

Reaction score
There are plenty of stores there on Stockton Street as counting from Sutter Street to Geary Street from memory, there is Arthur Beren, Levi's, Cole Hann, Niketown, Nine West, Neiman-Marcus, Macy's. It could be Arthur Beren but I thought they didn't carry the Tramezza line.

I called Neiman-Marcus in San Francisco yesterday and they told me the Accento for them only comes in brown and all sizes are in the D width and one needs to order 1/2 size bigger like 10 instead of 9 1/2.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads