• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Robin Michelangelo

Reaction score
In my opinion, the nut is much better. It's more versatile between washed denim and black.
What do you think of these? I'm thinking of purchasing them.

Screenshot_20171219-192653.png

modepolizei

Reaction score
Any opinions on Wyatt 30 quality? I am used to Crockett & Jones quality and would like to see the same on an even more expensive SLP boot before pulling the trigger. Thanks.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No way you will find comparable quality. To begin with most SLP boots are not even goodyear welted.

You’re paying for design. And that’s fine. Those boots were designed by one of the best paid designers in the world, and that has a cost.

Falkor

Reaction score
Anybody ever fly with wyatts on the plane or if not what shoes do you guys use
Being comfortable and cozy for plane rides and the convenience going through security is what to consider. That being said, I'm always in sandals or SL/01 or just a low top sneaker that I can slip on with ease.

zebidee

Reaction score
I’m not a fan of the creases you see in wool coats, so I’m going to go with standing. I know some wool is pretty resilient and don’t get creases easily, but I’m not sure if that’s the case for the allure coat.
I wear my heavy SLP wool coats every day in winter, like any other piece of clothing and don't notice any creasing or lint at all... leave them on a hanger in the bathroom after having had a shower, if there against the odds would get creased. The damp air will take most creasing out of any fabric... (house wife tricks) lint also only appear on mix material fabrics or loosely wowen sweaters, not felt wool coat to my experience

ChronBong

Reaction score
No way you will find comparable quality. To begin with most SLP boots are not even goodyear welted.

You’re paying for design. And that’s fine. Those boots were designed by one of the best paid designers in the world, and that has a cost.

yea, being danite sole or goodyear welted would have to create certain custom look for it considering how narrow the front is. i think the point was for those fashion boots...are only blake stitched because it also wants to look great underneath.

either way i took mine to a cobbler getting it topy'd.

Diet CCC

Reaction score
yea, being danite sole or goodyear welted would have to create certain custom look for it considering how narrow the front is. i think the point was for those fashion boots...are only blake stitched because it also wants to look great underneath.

either way i took mine to a cobbler getting it topy'd.
It is all in the cost, being goodyear welted doesn't mean the shoe would need to be bulky or lose the narrowness. Take a look at Wyatt, this is by no means a pair of "narrow" boot, the fake welt around it means you can easily have the same boot made in goodyear welted or rapid blake method, both are superior construction.

However, some can only be done in blake, one good example would be Devon, no other construction can reach this level of shape, maybe with cemented method but that is just rubbish.

Last edited:

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nah. Cropped jodhpurs for example there’s no way they could make them goodyear welted and keep the design. But regular jodhpurs or wyatts? They could be goodyear welted while keeping the sleek profile.

It’s simply easier/cheaper for them to make them blake stitched. The first season or couple of seasons not even that, they were cemented.

Any traditional shoemaker will make better quality boots than SLPs, some even at considerably lower prices. But no one is buying SLP because of their quality, right?

My favourite brand for boots is C&J (got a pair of Islays and soon the Skyes in shell and some day some Conistons too) but I got a pair of SLP jodhpurs because I find them beautiful and no other brand did anything remotely similar. Some have tried to imitate the style with MTOs like with Enzo Bonafe (hand welted) and whereas the resulting boots are much higher quality at a similar price, the design is just not the same, obviously.

I don’t really care as long as they can be resoled (so, not cemented for me).

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads