• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the palm tree bomber is very beautiful, i like the color it's so nice and the gold ribbing very nice. but it's kinda expensive, i was thinking of getting it but passed.

Rilea

Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but does anybody know of any websites for designer clothes from past seasons/marketplaces? I only really know Grailed

TheSneakyTruth

Reaction score
Yep waiting around on grailed, here and facebook groups is probably your best bet. All the major online retailers sell latest season stock to keep turning over items, old stock typically tends to sit as if no one originally wanted it, it'll be more unlikely someone will want it down the line.

OhMe

Reaction score
OhMe that screams a 46 to me, if you're 48 in everything else but not super into the oversized look and you're spot on that with the slouchy shoulders you might want to go with the 46. I'd trust your intuition.

Yeah I am 90 % sure I should go with a 46 but since the construction is different from the other teddy I own...

I don't have the palm tree bomber but I looks to be the same style and construction as the SS14 blood luster, which I do own (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Do you know if the palm bomber is as cropped as the blood luster? I think that is the only area where you might get into some trouble if you go down a size - not in the sleeves or shoulders but in the body length...if it's not a cropped style you might be fine going 46. The BL bomber, for example, is quite cropped to fit at the belt line TTS, but is a bit blouse-y everywhere else, which is the style. You just wouldn't want the palm bomber hitting you an inch or two above the belt line, I'm guessing - not sure if you're super tall or your proportions would exaggerate that element :)

That's the point. I am not sure if it's cropped or not.

I think the palladium teddy is quite cropped as many other SLxSlimane pieces and 46 is good for me.

the palm tree is an oversized bomber

Are you sure ? You mean it's not cropped at all ?

This is indeed my feeling when I look the runway :

But when I look stock photos it seems quite the same proportions as the Blood Luster one, a littler longer but not that much :

In comparision, here is an oversized SL teddy (women collection) :

Anyway, I guess I just have to go with 46 and see... At least it will be easy to sell if it's not the good size.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Teddy, lips jacquard shirt, ss16 jeans, chain wyatts

TheSneakyTruth

Reaction score
Classic Hedi fit
worship.gif

3verlong

Reaction score
Hey guys, long time lurker. Could I get some help on L01 and L17 sizing?

My measurements (with a tshirt) are 44cm shoulder to shoulder, 100cm chest, 60cm arms. 180cm tall, 75kg (pretty slim body). If I could get some tips on what size I could be I would really appreciate it :)

Last edited:

needhelp123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, long time lurker. Could I get some help on L01/L17 sizing?

My measurements (with a tshirt) are 44cm shoulder to shoulder, 100cm chest, 60cm arms. 180cm tall, 75kg (pretty slim body). If I could get some tips on what size I could be I would really appreciate it :)
46 should be like runway methinks

3verlong

Reaction score
yeah the l17 is bigger, best to try em on. i'm 172cm 63kg and wear 44
Sadly I don't have a store anywhere close to me, so ordering online is my only option atm.

Just one more question, sorry. The size 46 L01 is apparently 40cm shoulder to shoulder, would that be a problem since mine are around 44cm?

Randeep

Reaction score
The 'palms at sunset' teddy is not oversized in my experience. It is completely TTS. Just like the tiger/eagle teddy.

Bear in mind there are two versions - the one you posted @OhMe is the sequinned sleeves version which retailed for around £2400+ instead of £1600. So be sure you're getting the one you actually want.

To prove the point about it being TTS, here are pictures I took when I tried it a year ago. - I'm a (built) sz48. The one I'm wearing here is actually a 50 if I recall, as you can see the sleeves are longer/ruched towards arm opening - was much better on the sz48 I got in the tiger/eagle teddy.

I really hard a hard time deciding between the sunset (sequinned) version vs the tiger/eagle one. In the end I went with the tiger/eagle one because it's a bit more wearable in London which is grey and overcast at the best of times. However in sunnier climes I'd have definitely gone with the palms at sunset one, and I would have, choice given, opted for the sequinned version which is jus that little bit more special IMO.

echau

Reaction score

Hey guys, long time lurker. Could I get some help on L01 and L17 sizing?

Here are my measurements for comparison:

Shoulder: 44.5 cm
Chest: 99 cm
Arms: 62 cm
Height: 178 cm
Weight: 72 kg

I take a 48 in the L01 and L17

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads