• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rilea

Reaction score
Does anybody know which season this heart print shirt is from? As worn by Mr. Styles:

Harry-Styles-001.jpg

Last edited:

theblinding

Reaction score
Quote:
Does anybody know which season this heart print shirt is from? As worn by Mr. Styles:

The mini heart shirt is from fw13, came in both black or white, but the one Harry's wearing is the leopard shirt in black?

Last edited:

slann01

Reaction score

Harry-Styles-001.jpg

That is the fw14 heart print silk shirt, different from the fw13 version that theblinding is talking about. It came in the white/black version worn in the pic by styles and in a red/black version. I have the black/red version, if you give me a minute i will try to scavenge a pic where i'm wearing it

Rilea

Reaction score
That is the fw14 heart print silk shirt, different from the fw13 version that theblinding is talking about. It came in the white/black version worn in the pic by styles and in a red/black version. I have the black/red version, if you give me a minute i will try to scavenge a pic where i'm wearing it

I see. That'd be awesome man - thanks! I'm very interested in picking one up (if I can find one for sale) so some fit pics would be great :)

DHD28

Reaction score
Thoughts on calf vs lamb for jackets?

Will depend on where you live.

Calf is better for colder climates, as the leather is thicker & will resist wear better.

Lamb is soft & more comfortable imo, but will wear quicker.

I'm in socal, & after seeing and feeling both, I prefer lamb. But if i still lived in Chicago, I'd probably get the calf.

GeneralNegative

Reaction score
Does anyone have word as to whether or not Vaccarello's first SLP collection will be shown in the group of shows taking place this month?

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to trying my basic permanent collection black caban I pre-ordered from LVR - pretty happy with this one and it won't be going back. I have pretty much the exact same one from AW 13, but now that I'm a little bigger, it's a bit too small buttoned with knitwear. I went with a 48, which is one down from my blazer size, and is actually the same size as my AW 13 one, but this one is about a size bigger as I can button it with thick knitwear and stand with good chest up shoulders back posture and it doesn't pull at the chest at all like my old one. Also, the arm holes are bigger, so it doesn't look at all tight even with my thickest knitwear and a shirt underneath. Fabric is an 80% wool, 10% polyamide, 5% other blend and is pretty nice. I think it maybe looks a little sharper than the 100% wool, but that could just be that mine has seen a lot of wear. At £891 with LVR's PC discount this is a great basic which I'm happy to of got.

Also just ordered one of the new navy ivory striped sweaters in merino. I'll give some feedback when it arrives if anyone is interested:

Also considering the navy breton sweater with the gold buttons. Has anybody tried these or similar variations? It looks nice in the black on Harrods, but on Ssense looks pretty awful. Cheers.

Isolar

Reaction score
@kieran84 I'd love to hear how the striped merino is. I've been considering it myself. Did you try the 100% cashmere peacoat, Kieran? It looks pretty good online, and €1290 for a cashmere coat is pretty damn reasonable by any metric. I also like the velvet-trimmed one, though it's a bit pricier.

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't tried the cashmere one as I'm not really a fan of 100% cashmere coats for some reason. I like the velvet collar one, but I think I prefer the tube one with the 8 buttons. I haven't tried that one yet though. I really need to get around to going down to London now that all my pre-orders have arrived and the money has come back in for any returns. I'm also interested in the faux fur collar black single breasted coat. If those don't work out then I'll probably grab the stand collar chesterfield, although I'm a bit between sizes in that one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads