• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Isolar

Reaction score

Maybe if the outfit also has something black or your hair is close to black or you're wearing leather bracelets. If it is just white t shirt, black belt, light blue jeans, and tan boots then there is that visual clash.

One of the perks of having black hair then lol. I see what you mean, though I still think it can be done. It would just look better with an additional black accent.

Last edited:

neonrider

Reaction score
that guy looks like an idiot, the biker's too small, the collars popped, the pins are silly, the bag's wrong, the flannel tied around the waist is teenage suicide, the wife beater speaks for itself.

the whole point is not to look like him. as is true for 99.99999% of celebs wearing sl or whatever. they're just casual snaps usually, let's stop idolizing them. hell, most of the sa's look better than this guy.

where is the "clash" in wearing blue jeans, tan boots, a white t-shirt and a black biker jacket? that's like as plain-jane as you can get for a guy that doesn't lurk in the alden thread. you guys are really overthinking this and it's not helping you. just have fun with it.

Last edited:

onlyslp

Reaction score
that guy looks like an idiot, the biker's too small, the collars popped, the pins are silly, the bag's wrong, the flannel tied around the waist is teenage suicide, the wife beater speaks for itself.

the whole point is not to look like him. as is true for 99.99999% of celebs wearing sl or whatever. they're just casual snaps usually, let's stop idolizing them. hell, most of the sa's look better than this guy.

where is the "clash" in wearing blue jeans, tan boots, a white t-shirt and a black biker jacket? that's like as plain-jane as you can get for a guy that doesn't lurk in the alden thread. you guys are really overthinking this and it's not helping you. just have fun with it.

Lol what you said reminds me of how everyone on the ktt slp thread worship harry styles......
you have a point though......know the rules and then break them right?

Nimzerz

Reaction score

Lol what you said reminds me of how everyone on the ktt slp thread  worship harry styles......
you have a point though......know the rules and then break them right?
wut, nobody even talks bout Harry on the ktt thread.

anzar

Reaction score
Yeah, that's recently been my strategy as well: round out my wardrobe with versatile classics. I actually expected to be all over the new stuff after seeing the Palladium show, but so far I haven't picked anything up. Of course, Hedi's departure did throw a spanner in the works, despite not being entirely unforeseen.

Question for you guys: how distressed do you like your raw hems? I did mine DIY and am wondering how far I should go with manual distressing, or if I should leave them to fray naturally with wear. I've only worn them a few times since reworking them, and they now look something like this (sorry, I'm on vacation so I can't take an actual picture of them):

I feel it look great this way, no change required.

parnyc

Reaction score
I have the Wyatt (Hedi) jodhpur 30 boots in multiple colors/fabrics and ordered a pair of the Wyatt 40 harness boots in black leather, but am looking for a great boot to wear whilst traveling. I'm really interested in a chukka boot/desert boot. Saint Laurent did the Lulu in suede last season, but it was a bit too pointy for my taste. Does anyone know if Saint Laurent did a chukka/desert boot in black leather this season? Haven't seen it on the site, but I know not all the styles are there. Any non-SLP options as well would be great. Needs to be slim and chic!

neonrider

Reaction score
i don't know. i don't really see any individuality in wearing sl this way. but there are different tastes on this forum, some want a uniform, some want self expression. for me the idea that there's one "sl approved" look is the antithesis of the point, which is that hedi explored tons of subcultures during his time at sl, from paris to la to psychedelia to surf punk. all these subcultures are different expressions of rebellion, youth, etc. there's no "one right way" to wear it. why not choose something that really reflects who you are, instead of the internet-approved sl look as above? which is by now really just kind of safe and predictable.

this is reflected in the belts discussion. my fav belts are the studded belts from the permanent collection, in fact my all around fav is probably the gold studded belt from fw14. we tend to discuss the obvious and safe stuff here, over and over again, which is a shame. it's one thing if you're keiran and your look IS really classical, it's another if you're just trying to fit a template without really pushing the boundaries. why not just wear aldens then? if what you really want is safety and belonging, there's a much easier way.

hell, you'll note that whenever we discuss celebs and "the look" it's ALWAYS blue ripped denim and cigar suede. not even black destroyed denim and i don't know, python boots. it's a good look for what it is but it tells me at least that the interest is superficial. not just in sl but in aesthetics in general.

at least the chinese and korean celebs make an effort. it's not always a good effort, in fact usually it's a pretty bad effort, but there IS effort. they at least try to wear different pieces, usually the more expressive pieces in (to them) interesting ways. maybe it fails, but at least there's something there beyond uniformity.

not judging you guys, just saying. there's a lot more to this than the same old biker/ripped jeans look which as much as i love and wear every day i at least try to put in something more into than uniformity.

speaking of clothes, i grabbed the oversized rancher coat. it's not oversized, it's not rancher, it's actually pretty light, super skinny. looking forward to wearing it, much better cut and shearling than previous seasons 3/4 shearlings which actually were a little oversized, bulky, weirdly fitting. also the studded biker but that's another story :)

Last edited:

Adrian Beckham

Reaction score
Finally picked these up. Still need a pair of harness wyatts down the line but I figured I'd wear these more.

Adamdraps

Reaction score
i don't know. i don't really see any individuality in wearing sl this way. but there are different tastes on this forum, some want a uniform, some want self expression. for me the idea that there's one "sl approved" look is the antithesis of the point, which is that hedi explored tons of subcultures during his time at sl, from paris to la to psychedelia to surf punk. all these subcultures are different expressions of rebellion, youth, etc. there's no "one right way" to wear it. why not choose something that really reflects who you are, instead of the internet-approved sl look as above? which is by now really just kind of safe and predictable.

this is reflected in the belts discussion. my fav belts are the studded belts from the permanent collection, in fact my all around fav is probably the gold studded belt from fw14. we tend to discuss the obvious and safe stuff here, over and over again, which is a shame. it's one thing if you're keiran and your look IS really classical, it's another if you're just trying to fit a template without really pushing the boundaries. why not just wear aldens then? if what you really want is safety and belonging, there's a much easier way.

hell, you'll note that whenever we discuss celebs and "the look" it's ALWAYS blue ripped denim and cigar suede. not even black destroyed denim and i don't know, python boots. it's a good look for what it is but it tells me at least that the interest is superficial. not just in sl but in aesthetics in general.

at least the chinese and korean celebs make an effort. it's not always a good effort, in fact usually it's a pretty bad effort, but there IS effort. they at least try to wear different pieces, usually the more expressive pieces in (to them) interesting ways. maybe it fails, but at least there's something there beyond uniformity.

not judging you guys, just saying. there's a lot more to this than the same old biker/ripped jeans look which as much as i love and wear every day i at least try to put in something more into than uniformity.

speaking of clothes, i grabbed the oversized rancher coat. it's not oversized, it's not rancher, it's actually pretty light, super skinny. looking forward to wearing it, much better cut and shearling than previous seasons 3/4 shearlings which actually were a little oversized, bulky, weirdly fitting. also the studded biker but that's another story
smile.gif

I agree. Just look at instagram. Everyone wears the same **** the same damn way and if you don't, they say you don't know anything about fashion. It's quite ridiculous.

Last edited:

CRIMINAL MINDED

Reaction score
Were there two different colorways of the fw13 wyatts, ocher and ocre? Ocher being a lighter pair? I have a pair of fw13 ocres and they look darker than some pics online. Thanks in advance

thorns

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not going to lie, I've been trying to dress more and more like Hedi (2013) nowadays. This photo of him is just perfection in my head:
gettyimages-1547932671.jpg

I also have a cropped version on my lock screen
1f633.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads