• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

filcol

Reaction score
Sorry for annoying sizing advice questions but if I'm a 31 in 15.5 (fits very snug), should I take a 30 in the 17.5 one? Also, has anyone direct comparison fit pics between the 15.5 and 17.5 black stretch jeans, ideally sized the same way? The pictures of the online reteailers are a bit confusing as they size different, sometimes the 17.5 looks skinny as hell, sometimes it is quite baggy on the calves.

Last edited:

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

I was referring to how he managed to gain entry to Saint Laurents design studio. 

Yeah I know, merely commenting on the absurd theory that Slimane designs only certain pieces sold in SLP stores while the other distributors get cheaper pieces designed at the production facilities (wut?). What happens is quite simple; his studio designs the garments and he has more or less involvement in some pieces, like every other big designer. Stores come to the showroom and they order what they're interested in, following certain rules (i.e. minimum order amount, full size runs etc.), SLP stores going through a similar process but usually carrying an even wider selection. If there are two versions of a shirt (say silk and cotton) then some stores might order one or both or none, like with every other brand.

moonmanairlift

Reaction score
If anyone is interested - i am selling saint laurent original biker pants in sz 31 for men brand new. Check for my listing.

Thatsteez

Reaction score
Could anyone recommend a brand with a similar fit to the 15.5 cut? Looking for a light wash, blue jean for the warmer months ahead. I love the cut on my 15.5s but I'm not looking to spend that much on a color I don't wear as much.

Was thinking about something like this and in this price range, even cheaper if possible: http://www.us.allsaints.com/men/jeans/allsaints-blythe-cigarette/?colour=21&category=766

I'm more concerned about the hem at the bottom as SLP boots look best with a super narrow cut.

Illithid Dude

Reaction score
Could anyone recommend a brand with a similar fit to the 15.5 cut? Looking for a light wash, blue jean for the warmer months ahead. I love the cut on my 15.5s but I'm not looking to spend that much on a color I don't wear as much.

Was thinking about something like this and in this price range, even cheaper if possible: http://www.us.allsaints.com/men/jeans/allsaints-blythe-cigarette/?colour=21&category=766

I'm more concerned about the hem at the bottom as SLP boots look best with a super narrow cut.

Try Kill City or April 77

seanhaus

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to try on or pickup a Saint Laurent suit recently? I'm incredibly skinny (44 in Geller, XS in BoO, etc) so I'm having an incredibly tough time finding one that will fit appropriately before taking it in to the tailor. I'm 5' 8" and 125lbs if that helps.

Thanks!

ShinyDuke

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked already, but what is the inseam on SLP jeans? Are they all the same? As in 15.5,17.5,19,21 etc.

Franky Paige

Reaction score
classic moto jacket owners - size question. Does the waist area stretch? I sized down to get a real snug fit, but have to suck in my stomach to zip it. Should i get my regular size or stick with this one?

local

Reaction score
classic moto jacket owners - size question. Does the waist area stretch? I sized down to get a real snug fit, but have to suck in my stomach to zip it. Should i get my regular size or stick with this one?

(woo hoo first post!)

I'm a true 48 and tried on both the 48 and 50 in store. The 48 was perfect for me but definitely snug, i almost felt like it was too snug but I know leather jackets are said to stretch out (plus all the sales associates said the fit was perfect)...I'm surprised you were able to size down even further than your regular size, there's no way I could've done that cuz they are quite slim fitting to begin with.

I didn't try zipping it up but i'm almost certain i would have to suck in my stomach as well. Hope this helps!

max-t

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

classic moto jacket owners - size question. Does the waist area stretch? I sized down to get a real snug fit, but have to suck in my stomach to zip it. Should i get my regular size or stick with this one?

im really confused about this because i have a flight calf slp bomber that fits perfect in 48 but i tried on the 44 rider and it fit almost perfect, just a tiny bit snug. have yet to try on a 46...

g33m

Reaction score
Sizing varies slightly with the suits, but generally a 44 will be on par with a Band of Outsiders xs/0. They're slimmer than a lot of Dior 44s I have.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Sizing varies slightly with the suits, but generally a 44 will be on par with a Band of Outsiders xs/0. They're slimmer than a lot of Dior 44s I have.

Just to add to this, the standard SLP suit (I have only seen one cut) is akin to the Dior contemporary cut, which is their slimmer model. Dior also has a fuller cut, which you'll see when it's marked with a "r" on the tag, so 44R, 46R, etc. is the fuller, i.e., American cut. SLP and Dior 44s are the same that I have tried.

As to the leathers, wow, I really love the SLP leather but feel they are cut very tight. I wear 44 in everything, but a 44 leather pulls a little at my chest but if I go to 46 the arms are way too long and the waist becomes a bit fuller and the jacket loses the cool effect. Darn.

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I just got in the teddy with lamb sleeves from AW13 from the eBay seller in the UK. It's pretty sweet and it does fit me. Trouble is the seller must have sprayed it with some sort of Fabreze or some kind of ladies cologne and it reeks after traveling in a tight little (SLP) box. I'm currently airing it out with a window open hoping that takes care of it.

My question is it does say dry cleaning is okay on the tag. But has anyone who has one ever had it cleaned? Wondering about color fade and all. Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads