• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it's the hoodie or something else, but not feeling that look at all. What does it look like open?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love that geometric sweater before, too. It was styled so well and makes me a bit nostalgic for SLP.

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it's the hoodie or something else, but not feeling that look at all. What does it look like open?
there's 4 pics. two open (one tee one hoodie).

thank you - maybe it isn't for me!

Bill H

Reaction score
there's 4 pics. two open (one tee one hoodie).

thank you - maybe it isn't for me!
Yeah, I am with Sir G; it is a dope piece but I am not feeling it on you... but it could be the rest of the outfit that is throwing it off... I would want to see it styled before i would say go in a different direction...

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I am with Sir G; it is a dope piece but I am not feeling it on you... but it could be the rest of the outfit that is throwing it off... I would want to see it styled before i would say go in a different direction...

i'll put on some jeans and take a better picture. i'm not skinny so of course it won't look the same as "SLP". but i appreciate the opinion and agree that it doesn't look great in these photos - hence why i think it might be a sizing thing too.

sbaublys

Reaction score
Need some expert sizing help from you guys.
I normally wear a size 14 in all brands. Have some what wider feet. Left foot a little bigger than right foot.
I own:
48 older season wyatt chelsea suede, fit nice with some room when with thin socks.
48 new season harness suede, fit snug but still ok. Little extra snug on left foot.

Pretty funny how everyone is sizing down and i'm going a full size up already with suede ones...

My dilemma is with wyatt chelsea leather. I got size 48 new season, didn't try them on extensively and sent them to get topy'd. They fit snug with medium socks. After wearing for 4 whole days at work and going out, my left foot toe halfway through the day is getting jammed into the shoe and hurts. Toes are also crammed on left foot. Right foot feels like a glove, although kinda snug a little after a long day as well. Should I give it more time to break in, go at the left boot with a shoe stretcher, or just sell these now and go up to a 49?

Here are some pics of toe and feet outside of shoes. You can see my left toe protruding out. It's feels like my left foot slides down the shoe and jams my toe into the leather when I step. While the right foot just stays perfectly in place and has no discomfort really.

IMG_5755.jpg

IMG_5758.jpg

Bill H

Reaction score
i'll put on some jeans and take a better picture. i'm not skinny so of course it won't look the same as "SLP". but i appreciate the opinion and agree that it doesn't look great in these photos - hence why i think it might be a sizing thing too.
Not for nothing but some looks are better on bigger guys. I have stubby legs; I am confident Hedi didn't have me in mind when he made blowouts... just work around it and find stuff that is dope and fits your build. But let's see the current piece styled.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
can i get some fit guidance? this is the winter teddy. what do you all think (ignore the dress pants)? i'm 5'7 and not SLP skinny lol. i am trying on a size 50, but i think a 52 (or maybe even a 54??) might be better here. and i would like the option to wear a hoodie underneath
sizing up may help- the problem is the elasticated waist band- because it's naturally skinnier than your hips, it gives you a weird silhouette. check the runway or any "popular" inspo pic. The waist band is always the same circumference as the wearers' hips

nekromantik

Reaction score
SLP was cooler then Celine I agree haha
In terms of the Teddy yeah deffo size up.
I did not like the sholder fit on the standard Teddy when layering and if I went up a size it became too big in waist and stomach areas. So went with the other Teddy with black leather and zip. Which people say aint classic Teddy but imo does look cool! Even though its not a Hedi desgn,

dacarden

Reaction score
Need some expert sizing help from you guys.
I normally wear a size 14 in all brands. Have some what wider feet. Left foot a little bigger than right foot.
I own:
48 older season wyatt chelsea suede, fit nice with some room when with thin socks.
48 new season harness suede, fit snug but still ok. Little extra snug on left foot.

Pretty funny how everyone is sizing down and i'm going a full size up already with suede ones...

My dilemma is with wyatt chelsea leather. I got size 48 new season, didn't try them on extensively and sent them to get topy'd. They fit snug with medium socks. After wearing for 4 whole days at work and going out, my left foot toe halfway through the day is getting jammed into the shoe and hurts. Toes are also crammed on left foot. Right foot feels like a glove, although kinda snug a little after a long day as well. Should I give it more time to break in, go at the left boot with a shoe stretcher, or just sell these now and go up to a 49?

Here are some pics of toe and feet outside of shoes. You can see my left toe protruding out. It's feels like my left foot slides down the shoe and jams my toe into the leather when I step. While the right foot just stays perfectly in place and has no discomfort really.

View attachment 1332550

View attachment 1332549
Hey man I understand your dilemma. Size 14 is pretty big! But you are in luck because you can probably stretch them out to fit perfectly. Not sure if SLP makes a bigger size to accommodate, but I think as a last resort you can try a shoe stretching technique. First, put on some thickkk socks. Put on the shoes. Condition the leather with a leather cream (protect the leather) and gently heat the toe box with a hair dryer. Do this for a bit and it should help replicate the stretching from years of wear to get a more custom fit.

dacarden

Reaction score
it’s 100% fake, don’t buy

the tag texture and fonts are way off
Got it and it was fake. Probably the best I have seem. Only giveaway was how the tag was shiny. See pictures.

Getting a refund on it, but goes to show if it’s too good to be true. It probably is.

Attachments

• 129FE23C-15F3-4F53-AFF2-9A8DC1871703.jpeg
    129FE23C-15F3-4F53-AFF2-9A8DC1871703.jpeg
    404.4 KB · Views: 123

nekromantik

Reaction score
Got it and it was fake. Probably the best I have seem. Only giveaway was how the tag was shiny. See pictures.

Getting a refund on it, but goes to show if it’s too good to be true. It probably is.

You should get refund no problem from Paypal for fake goods sold as genuine.
I need to double check my flannels from Grailed to make sure they real. The material feels like SLP but need to double check the tags,

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads