• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great to me. The design really matches Hedi's photography! Not sure how I'm feeling about the long ribbing on the bottom, but you wear it well.

nekromantik

Reaction score

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, a little hard to tell from the picture, since you're leaning a bit. Do you have a pic of the tags? That's usually a tell-tale sign, plus, if you're shorter than the model, it may appear somewhat exaggerated against your thigh.

If it makes you feel better, I have a sweater from the same era, it's black very thick and borderline itchy. It has a giant border too. I bought it at the boutique on a whim, and since it has an aggressive T-Rex on the front with a star I have two observations. It's probably the SLP piece on which I receive the most compliments, and I do not wear it more than a couple times a year because it's so memorable!

nekromantik

Reaction score
Hmm, a little hard to tell from the picture, since you're leaning a bit. Do you have a pic of the tags? That's usually a tell-tale sign, plus, if you're shorter than the model, it may appear somewhat exaggerated against your thigh.

If it makes you feel better, I have a sweater from the same era, it's black very thick and borderline itchy. It has a giant border too. I bought it at the boutique on a whim, and since it has an aggressive T-Rex on the front with a star I have two observations. It's probably the SLP piece on which I receive the most compliments, and I do not wear it more than a couple times a year because it's so memorable!
I love the T Rex one! Missed out on size on Grailed for the black and pink version which I prefer over white.
This is tag inside.
Ignore the sticker it came off.

Attachments

nekromantik

Reaction score
Oh noes! :mad:
just noticed on the bottom of both arm sections of the jumper it has a patch around elbow areas where the pattern does not match up nor does it look like pictures of retail ones. Looks like there been holes in those areas and its been sewed back together but no longer matches. You kinda dont notice it when wearing but still the seller did not mention this on listing. Also just found that the pictures seller used was same as another seller put up 3 years prior. However seller said he got it from a store where it was a return. I contacted him yesterday and no reply. I am happy for refund of 150. Will need to do a paypal dispute if he dont reply and refund by tomorrow.

dacarden

Reaction score
Oh noes! :mad:
just noticed on the bottom of both arm sections of the jumper it has a patch around elbow areas where the pattern does not match up nor does it look like pictures of retail ones. Looks like there been holes in those areas and its been sewed back together but no longer matches. You kinda dont notice it when wearing but still the seller did not mention this on listing. Also just found that the pictures seller used was same as another seller put up 3 years prior. However seller said he got it from a store where it was a return. I contacted him yesterday and no reply. I am happy for refund of 150. Will need to do a paypal dispute if he dont reply and refund by tomorrow.
I would reach out to him and request a partial refund if it doesn't bother you. That is frustrating. I just sent back the SS16 Surf Sound Denim jacket I posted about earlier.

nekromantik

Reaction score
I would reach out to him and request a partial refund if it doesn't bother you. That is frustrating. I just sent back the SS16 Surf Sound Denim jacket I posted about earlier.
Yeah I sent two messages no reply yet. He had like 30 feedbacks so thought could be trusted!
He based in Japan also so he would need to cover return costs and cant expect anyone else to pay 350 for that with those flaws.

funkyprez

Reaction score
Has the old “Yves Saint Laurent” tag been used in recent seasons? I just got this tie off Yoox and wondering if it is a new-ish item with a retro tag, or really a deadstock item that pre-dates the Hedi years.
AE3A5746-B71D-4AEC-813C-18C16CC7C9EB.jpeg

Attachments

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's old. Didn't know yoox sold from more than 5 years ago. Tie looks nice though.

funkyprez

Reaction score
Yeah yoox sells a lot of very old stuff that not sold
yeah Yoox is basically an outlet / close out shop but I’m just as surprised to see something so old on there. But I’ve also heard of folks via social media buying D02s with the old cut and the square panel back yoke as recently as a few months ago.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 87 17.5%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 158 31.7%
  • 8”

Votes: 144 28.9%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 58 11.6%
  • 9”

Votes: 26 5.2%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.2%