1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

is?

yeah i dont like him either

buying new 'vintage' band t shirts though [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  2. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

For some reason, I find this band t-shirt conversation interesting. The Goo SY shirt seems so much cooler than the horrid refrigerator one.

I tried to pull off a Nirvana t-shirt about a year ago, and it was just a bad move. Slann can make it look effortless though and it helps that the backdrop is gritty, always awesome Rome.

1 person likes this.
  3. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

Man, some of you have serious issues.

2 people like this.
  4. SaintLaurent

SaintLaurent Senior member

how much do your black jeans fade when you dry clean them?

5. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

@therattler
    [​IMG]

@youwhat In American English, collective nouns usually take a singular verb.

@SaintLaurent Not too much. Definitely less than when washing them, and you have to clean them somehow. We're not savages here.

1 person likes this.
  6. SaintLaurent

SaintLaurent Senior member

@Isolar I'll try dry cleaning next time then my other pairs of jeans are pretty faded from going through the washing machine.

7. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

I've dry cleaned all my SL jeans, and never had an issue. Way too lazy to go through the whole soaking thing anymore. Heads up, and I may have mentioned this before, if you're as dumb as me and buy the white denim remove the black leather tag before having it cleaned. My cleaner had this whole big issue where the black leather tag bled into the white fabric, but somehow he was able to remove all the black dye (good ol' bleach I suppose!) without it being noticeable. Of course, the tag is gone.

8. missing

missing New Member

Thanks [​IMG]

9. Nimzerz

Nimzerz Well-Known Member

+1 I think it's funny when people don't. Honestly, imo, the band is pretty trash (edit: overrated) minus a couple songs.

10. scanner

scanner Senior member

Im not even trying to defend the band, i just think its lazy to copy the way a designer dresses and even worse, tuck in a fucking band t

11. Nimzerz

agree about copying, don't agree with not tucking in. Though I get it, opinions on tucked in tees are 50/50 but I personally think it looks great if you know how to/if you don't make it look awkward

12. scanner

scanner Senior member

the way Hedi tucked worked, sheer button up dress shirt that is a little longer than the length of tee.. in this case it just looks so random and a mess. everything is out of place.. casual boots with formal belt and tucked in t shirt and casual button up.. i don't know, maybe there is a disconnect with european vs american styles but if you walked in america like this you'd look like a simple rancher. Hedi's look at least brings everything together and it looks like a nice balance of casual and formal .

1 person likes this.
  13. Nimzerz

hence why i said when done right. Also, honestly though, in the end what matters is if it looks good to you or not. Wear what you like, how you like lol, though I do agree the proportions do look odd and it is a bit clashing in some ways like you said

14. volchok

volchok Senior member

Have to agree with this.

15. thorns

thorns Senior member

[​IMG]

Hedi judges you for labelling the 3 passant as a belt to wear only on formal occasions.

16. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Quote:Yeah I guess Scanner also matches the color of his boots with the color of his belt at this point

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  17. therattler

therattler Senior member

i can't do the band t's either. always feels like a costume. I've said it before, but there's already so many music/rock signifiers attached to all of this stuff that I've always felt a band t made it too much.

@scanner nothing wrong with looking like a rancher ... there's tons of country vibes in the last collection: corduroy collar denim jacket, shearling, rhinestone cowboy musical note jacket and velvet shirt, black and white thick western flannel.

but im with you, in (north) america that look just isn't effortless enough. and again, this is just my opinion man, but FW13 ocher wyatts aren't that nice either. much prefer the (not as nappy) nut ones and the latest iterations. the fetish for ocher is odd. always seemed like people who it's a stretch to just buy a new pair were forever waiting for an ocher pair to show up online.

18. thorns

thorns Senior member

I think he only wears black boots (even his devon are black at the palladium collection) but he may have worn a brown vintage cracked belt

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  19. slann01

slann01 Senior member

Was actually talking about Scanner, "since the 3 passants belts is formal" post :)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  20. therattler

therattler Senior member

scanners point, i think, is that one can't just mix casual and formal and expect it to work every time.

2 people like this.