• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMO the distressed jacket is wrong on so many levels... I don't think the old school rockers whose look SLP tries to emulate/imitate got artificially predistressed jackets. Come on. Get a "raw" one and just wear it, and let the wear and time do their thing.

Last edited:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FWIW they dyed that jacket several times with different colors as part of the distressing process as opposed to just thrashing a standard hide.

Nimzerz

Reaction score

IMO the distressed jacket is wrong on so many levels... I don't think the old school rockers whose look SLP tries to emulate/imitate got artificially predistressed jackets. Come on. Get a "raw" one and just wear it, and let the wear and time do their thing.
oh pls, don't get predistressed jeans then dude, or raw hem shirts, or raw hem jeans. Diy it all the "original way"....rofl. Also go thrift your stuff and tailor it to yourself. Thats the authentic way.

Last edited:

Stackson

Reaction score
For those asking about the color of the Hedi jodhpurs this season, here is a comparison versus the 2013 ocher suede Wyatt. The color is almost the same, but the ocher suede has a slight orange tint comparatively.

Last edited:

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh pls, don't get predistressed jeans then dude, or raw hem shirts, or raw hem jeans. Diy it all the "original way"....rofl. Also go thrift your stuff and tailor it to yourself. Thats the authentic way.

Don't be ridiculous. Raw hem shirts or jeans is a look you can't get by just wearing a shirt or a pair of jeans. But a "worn in" look in a leather jacket? You definitely can get that. By, you know, wearing the damn jacket.

But please by any means go ahead and spend $,$$$ on a jacket with a fake "worn in" look that still has that brand new smell and an immaculate liner.

And FYI I don't like the raw hem shirts and while I'm ok with stonewashed jeans, as long as it doesn't have fake whiskers or honeycombs (damn it's sad when you see someone with fake honeycombs at mid calf or lower...) and the wash is uniform. Achieving that look with a pair of raw jeans takes so long that it's impractical and by the time you get it the denim will be very deteriorated. I don't like fake holes/rips either, but at least, as I say above, those looks can't be achieved through regular wear (or at least in a reasonable amount of time). But if you get a regular L01 or L17 and wear it hard in a few months it'll look much better than the one we're discussing. And you won't have the same fake "signs of wear" in the exact same places as the other dudes who bought it.

And while I never thrift anything, getting a vintage jacket and tailoring it sounds much more sensible to me than getting that SLP.

onlyslp

Reaction score
Fort hose asking about the color of the Hedi jodhpurs this season, here is a comparison versus the 2013 ocher suede Wyatt. The color is almost the same, but the ocher suede has a slight orange tint comparatively.

And the new nut suede wyatt from ss16 looks very similar to the og ochre suede but a little darker

cloonz

Reaction score

onlyslp

Reaction score
anyone have experience with ss16 raw cut black denim?

couldn't find one to try at the store today and i'm actually kinda interested in them

Last edited:

cloonz

Reaction score

anyone have experience with ss16 raw cut black denim?

couldn't find one to try at the store today and i'm actually kinda interested in them

hem is wide, like 16 or 16.5cm on size 27

Last edited:

harlemriver

Reaction score
I sometimes think about this too. I like distressed clothes, but am I weak for not distressing it myself? (rhetorical)

I reconcile this by splitting it down the middle. I buy pre-distressed jeans because it can be hard to get the rips the way I want them. That being said, very few brands rip them how I like them, but there are some.

On the flipside, I was really jonesing for a SLP or Greg Lauren destroyed/half bleached flannel shirt, but in the grand scheme of things I decided I probably shouldn't pay that price. So I am doing a little DIY involving bleach, vinegar, an exacta knife, patience and flannel/plain weave shirts that I bought at Target. So far, so good! And I love that it is semi-homemade - Sandra Lee style.

OakGhost

Reaction score
@jwoowoo hahaha I forgot your in the bay! Ya, it was a 44. Really nice but if I have to have one for now I want a soft lamb. Did you get the distressed?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

jwoowoo

Reaction score

@jwoowoo hahaha I forgot your in the bay! Ya, it was a 44. Really nice but if I have to have one for now I want a soft lamb. Did you get the distressed?

Yes, I picked up that distressed L01. I had the soft lambskin L01 for a while, but found it too fragile/it wouldn't look good beat up. If the L01 came in a regular calf, that would be a different story as the calf would age nicely. I also really liked the distressing, it would take a reallllly long time to achieve the amount of distressing that's on this L01.

Definitely agree with you though that if it's going to be worn occassionally, the regular lamb would be better for you.

Oski

Reaction score

They look authentic, but in case you didn't catch it, the waist band and seat has been altered, and it looks like a bit of a butchered job, honestly.

I agree, the work on those looks pretty bad. I wouldn't buy jeans (or anything for that matter) that have been altered to someone else's specifications, certainly if you can't try them first.

Good looking on pointing that out, I was unaware. I had asked the seller if there had been any alterations made and he said no. But now that you guys caught that it explains the low price.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads