1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. onlyslp

onlyslp Senior member

in the picture I'm 200% sure he was wearing his black devons and a brown geometrique belt

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  2. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

Fair, though in what world is a 3 passant belt considered formal attire?

3. therattler

therattler Senior member

4. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

Wearing something with a suit doesn't necessitate its formality. I'll grant you that it works well with formalwear, but that doesn't qualify it as a purely formal piece—I think it looks equally appropriate in casual outfits, which is why it's such a great piece.

5. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Senior member

2 people like this.
  6. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

That's a pretty solid breakdown, I'd say. We mostly all agree on the broadstrokes here. I think the "dirty vintage" SLP denim jacket, which has a darker shade of blue as well as some slightly sand-colored distessing, would really pull this look together. Though I have to admit, I never tuck in my t-shirts, no matter how good my belt looks.

But for sure, no hate intended @slann01, it still takes some guts to post outfits on here, and you usually kill it. It's just a good opportunity for discussion that isn't centered on, for example, Wyatt sizing or suede protector.

Definitely agree @ohyehhh, the "don't put too much thought into it"-mentality is, generally speaking, an excuse for looking sloppy—and a poor one at that!

7. therattler

therattler Senior member

prices have jumped pretty significantly on everything on uk ysl.com

8. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

That's what you get for voting to exit the EU.

6 people like this.
  9. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Some significant price jumps there. Luckily I ordered a second caban just yesterday instead of waiting a few days and saved £105. Also got another black and ivory Breton cashmere the other week at £540, now all of a sudden it's £680. I was about to order the classic cashmere cardigan, but as I'm not all that crazy about it, then now it's £770 I don't think I'll bother as it seems pretty dear for something not particularly substantial (would rather just buy another pair of shoes for the same price or cheaper).

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
  10. ChrisN09

ChrisN09 Active Member

How do I get the old ysl.com prices to compare ?

11. ChrisN09

ChrisN09 Active Member

nvm velour boots went up 75 pounds.. fuck

12. Nimzerz

Nimzerz Well-Known Member

what's wrong with looking sloppy? Hah

13. CJAY

CJAY Member

Anyone know why prices have jumped on the UK site? Also does anyone know if these prices are reflected in UK stores as well? I have cached pages of items before the price increases, and am wondering if I'd be able to purchase things for their pre-increase prices.

Also does anyone know if there's a difference between the Mens and Womens Classic Western Belts? I know that the Womens belt comes in smaller sizes, but is a for example size 80 belt in Mens the same as a size 80 belt in womens?

14. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Price adjustments happen with relative frequency. Boutique pricing is always consistent with online pricing, even if they are managed separately. You won't be able to show a cached version of a page to save $100 or whatever.

15. jaco87

jaco87 Well-Known Member

I pre ordered an item, now it's £30 more. My order history shows the previous price. I wonder if I'll get charged my pre order price or the new price.

16. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

You'll be charged the pre-order price.

17. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

Brexit.

Last year a pound was worth like 1.40+ euros, now it struggles to be above 1.10. It actually overtook the argentinian peso the other day as the most devalued currency in 2016. SLP Is a French company and most items are made in other countries from the eurozone: Italy, Spain, Portugal, etc. Also the weakness against the USD I'm sure it doesn't help.

It will probably get worse: when article 50 is triggered I can see the pound at parity with the euro and the dollar. And let's not even mention import duties, if the UK were not to stay within the single market.

1 person likes this.
  18. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Anybody know whether the Eau de Parfum version of the original Dior Homme fragrance from 2005 is still available? Looking around I'm only seeing the Eau de Toilette version. Managed to find one website, but no larger sizes.

19. CJAY

CJAY Member

Ahh thanks for clearing that up for me - makes a lot of sense, especially from a business standpoint, any insight on my belt question as well?

20. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

did you really need it explaining though lol