1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

I sized down one from Brannock for suede Hedi 30. Sized down half for calf ones. Ymmv.

2. Adrian Beckham

Adrian Beckham Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are a couple more fit pics. Sorry for not so good pictures.

3. onlyslp

onlyslp Senior member

size down 1/2 on calf leather boots and 1 full size on suede boots only if you don't have wide feet

golden rule for wearing any boots: lower instep (the mid part of your foot) should be fitted but not tight and you shouldn't feel any movement of your feet inside the boots when you walk

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  4. tutto bene

tutto bene Member

Where'd you get them for $650? I paid retail and returned my pair, looking for 40mm ones from a past season instead. For that price though I wouldn't mind picking them up.

5. thorns

thorns Senior member

@Adrian Beckham , I think a hyper masculine look would best complement your physique. For sure it looks better in the 2nd photo when the jacket was unbuttoned and shorter tighter top (instead of longer t-shirt). You can probably roll the sleeves to hide the shortness of the teddy's sleeves. Darker coloured pants would probably help tone down the visual weight of your quads. Some chunky boots may help ground the whole fit together.

Personally, if I were you and I want to keep my quads, I would ditch the skinny jeans and cut down body fat to close to single digit to remove excess bulk in thigh. Wear jeans with a still fitted thigh but looser leg (calves area) so that there is almost a 1:1 ratio to width of thigh and width of leg. Maybe something similar to Leon Kennedy from Resident Evil 4.

2 people like this.
  6. Adrian Beckham

Okay cool. Yeah the buttoned pic was just to show fit, not really a look I'd go for. The jeans are def the skinniest I own, all my others so give me more room. And honestly I'm at 8% ish bf, I compete so my quads don't get much smaller. Blacks, blues and grays are my go to, the darker colors are definitely more flattering. After wearing the jacket around all day I'm leaning towards selling it and getting a leather.

I'm glad I took the plunge and bought it though, now i know what does and doesn't work a bit better, especially since there's no place to try SLP nearby. I'll be in Vegas next month and have a chance to try on and pick up more pieces; anyone have any experience with selection at the boutique?

7. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

I'm sorry but this is not accurate. The rule for whether a shoe fits or not is where the flex point of the sole lines up with your feet, and whether there is space for the toes. There will always be some movement when a shoe is new - it doesn't need to be snug against the mid-foot (I'd have to size down about 2 sizes to achieve this). Heel slippage corrects itself when the sole breaks in as long as it's not major.

2 people like this.
  8. onlyslp

onlyslp Senior member

That's why I said fitted in mid foot but not tight and I only mentioned midfoot so yeah you're right there are always room at the heel

9. ChronBong

ChronBong Senior member

Size up or 2 on the jeans, way too restricting and tight. i have big thighs too from several years at the gym so i would definitely not be caught wearing jeans like that or people would look at me like im some homo.

when you button the varsity jacket, it's pretty much usually all the way...the half buttoned does not look good on u. it's either buttoned up completely leaving 1-2 top open or keep all the buttons open style.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    2 people like this.
  10. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

Jacket doesn't look too bad but jeans are ridiculous.

1 person likes this.
  11. Nimzerz

Nimzerz Well-Known Member

my Blake 30 cropped jods were very tight in the instep at first to the point that it was painful during wear but it stretched out after several wears and now is tight but comfortable.

12. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

It looks really really bad. The world doesn't just revolve around SLP. Try Rick Owens.

13. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Brannock size 9D and got cigaro suede Hedi 30 Jods/ in size 41 (one full size down).

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  14. Adamdraps

Adamdraps Senior member

I have wide feet and I use insoles as well cause I have a bad knee.

15. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Vegas boutique is great. You'll have some good selection. PM me If you want to deal with my SA. He'll take care of you.

1 person likes this.
  16. scanner

scanner Senior member

Rick Owens is a terrible suggestion for a built person. If Hedi makes his clothes for starving musicians, Rick makes his for stick figures at odd shapes and sizes.

Stick to John Elliott, I think?

2 people like this.
  17. Adrian Beckham

I've got some JE, but just sweats. Been happy with their stuff, I'll look at some more. I'm a fan of the riders jacket, just gotta sell this teddy first. Thanks!

18. FervorousDesire

FervorousDesire Member

Thanks for the heads up. I guess this guy is is probably a scammer. Unfortunate though, as he actually has some nice pieces.

19. echau

echau Senior member

They do stretch after a few wears. I wear the same size in 100% cotton and 2% stretch denim.

20. Bimmer93

Bimmer93 Senior member

This may be blasphemy on the SLP thread, but I'm a huge fan of the JE Rider. Nice option at a much lower price point - particularly if you're a bigger guy. I'm 6'3 215 and the XXL JE Rider fits great, whereas I couldn't get my arms all the way in the sleeves on most SLP leathers.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016