1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. kwonster

kwonster Senior member

Agree with vegas store being awesome. They didn't have my size in the grey jodhpurs but found it in NY and had it shipped. Might go back today to pick up the chelseas, debating black suede or leather.[​IMG]

cbtaylor and Steel28 like this.
  2. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

You don't think it looks too boxy?

I do think it drapes nicely, despite being less fitted than most SLP.

3. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

Teddy has boxy cut, that's the style IMO.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  4. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

Yeah, definitely. What I meant was, you don't think it would look better with a slightly slimmer body (ie. the 46)?

I'm still figuring out how various things should fit.

5. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

I would not size down.

1 person likes this.
  6. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

If you size down you will run into issues with sleeve and jacket length so I would keep the current size.

1 person likes this.
  7. therattler

therattler Senior member

@Isolar fit is perfect on the teddy. i try to wear shirts with a more low cut or relaxed neckline. makes the all the difference in my opinion.

just bought a new pair of black D02's and had em tailored up. sure i sized down to a 28, but after getting them altered they are without a doubt the best black jeans out there.

2 people like this.
  8. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

@Steel28 @therattler @cyc wid it thanks guys, you really put my mind at ease. It's hard when you can't compare both sizes at the same time, but you guys are right. I'll definitely keep the 48.

9. samthemann

samthemann Member

@Isolar this fits you perfect. Almost exactly like how it looked in the Ad Campaign. Do not size down.
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. samthemann

samthemann Member

Hey @Adrian Beckham , disregard all the hate on here for being athletic/having muscles. I think the teddy actually fits you well. I would definitely wear a longer shirt underneath for layering and black jeans that are a little more 'slim fit' instead of "skinny" so you do not draw all attention to your quads. Cheers

11. samthemann

samthemann Member

Seriously.

12. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

That ship sailed a long time ago.

13. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

@samthemann thanks! I appreciate the help. Definitely keeping this size.

1 person likes this.
  14. Adrian Beckham

Adrian Beckham Well-Known Member

Thanks, I appreciate it. I do agree on some points, and the jeans are 1" skinnier than all my others, and I did return them today. I am selling the teddy, but not giving up on SLP, and will hopefully have more pieces to add to my boots soon.

15. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

Nigga this about three sizes too small.

4 people like this.
  16. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Uhm no, Rick himself said he designs for athletic people, he mentioned the idea of 'modern couture' which he says is going to the gym and actually working out for a toned body. He does have some skin tight stuff but he also does voluminous cuts and experimental silhouettes.

As for the long sleeves I still don't get why people would alter them, it's a signature design.

Just get Rick Owens Prisoner Pants instead of SLP D02s

[​IMG]

You gotta get clothes that work with you not just because other people wear it. Think about what Rei Kawakubo said, you should shop based on how the clothes make you feel. None of her boutiques ever had mirrors in store.

2 people like this.
  17. cesco10

cesco10 Active Member

What do you think about the Hedi Zipped boots in Dark Gold Grained Metallic Leather?

They fit as the wyatt?

Thanks

18. Death24xASecond

Death24xASecond Senior member

Some Rick Owens is difficult to pull off without looking silly, but a lot of it can easily work with SLP. Barring the blingy stuff, a lot of SLP really is just basics reworked to be super skinny/super minimalist. Not hard to pair the two, IMO.

1 person likes this.
  19. thorns

thorns Senior member

I think the only thing that could be tweaked would be your shoulders because it seems like the teddy is a bit big for your shoulders. However, it is almost impossible to have the perfect fit since this stuff isn't bespoke. If you size down you risk having more cropped sleeves and a more cropped body which really only looks good for thinner physiques. If it is easy to try on a smaller size then I would check it out just to have that information to help you finalize the decision.

1 person likes this.
  20. thorns

thorns Senior member

I think you would look good stealing neonrider's style. He has that awesome shearling flight jacket that may complement your look.