• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OakGhost

Reaction score
@slann01 looking good! Ya, love has them....really nice in person. The hardware is solid.

@Prudy yep, I'm a 27 and I always have my slp shop take all my denim in from 15.5cm or in this case from the 15cm down to 13cm. I also had about an inch taken off the length which I usually do not do. They are still not as skinny as all my SS15 denim which are cut a bit slimmer below the knee but I love em! Also took and inch off the length of my splatter and it fits like a glove now!

@Sunny23 hmmm, no I have never had that issue with any of my raws or regular. I always have mine taken in very slim below the knee and have been very happy with them .

Last edited:

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes Prudy, from YSL.com. It's strange because the red and black sweater was showing as available for pre-order with multiple sizes left (it didn't say last one in M anyway), but the day it arrived I checked and M was gone immediately. Perhaps they didn't receive the quantities they expected, or maybe there was a rush as soon as they arrived (doubt it).

I've also transferred the only 48 in the campaign longer length 2 button notch lapel blazer. Should arrive next week so I'll go and try it Saturday. Hopefully the snap closure 4.5 cm French will have arrived by then too.

How are the knees on your mid waist jeans Prudy? Not too baggy by the looks of your photos right?

Cheers

Prudy

Reaction score
Kieran I would love to see a pic of that blazer when you get it...and, yeah, i don't find them too baggy on the mid rise. Honestly, I find with most if the raw SLP denim that they bag and crease in the knee and crotch a bit until the first wash, at which point they smooth out a bit. Not sure if others find this to be true as well.

One thing about all the fw15 raws I've tried so far is they are very long - I'm considering heming them after the first wash if they don't shrink up a bit, which may affect the stacking as well. But, I like the fw15 MII fits so far, the cut is straighter overall I think and they fit better on the waist then some of the past season's denim IMO. For the D02s I'm enjoying the MII made zip denim, good stuff! They look great peeking out of a longer shirt or blazer.

Last edited:

Sunny23

Reaction score
Great ^ Keeping it simple like that looks way better on you than the other looks you posted.

On the d02s this season - same thing for me - a bit big in the thighs, ridiculously big in the knees causing it to all bag out and look really messy, and decent in the lower leg. Hopefully the mid waist are better (they are finally on their way to me along with the red and black sweater, the black and heather grey t shirt, and the caban tube coat).

Im glad someone else has the same issue as me. I am pissed about it, might go the tailor route with them. Its just such a gamble though. I tried on a pair of the light coated D02 and did not have the issue at all, I really just want a plain black jean that I can wear the crap out of though.

kieran84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ I feel like I shouldn't have to tailor them at all other than length, and I'd rather pass than attempt it. Luckily I still have additional black and indigo AW13 d02s left. I really want some different styles such as mid waist though so I'll be really upset if they're not good either (looks like they should be good though based on Prudy's pictures).

Prudy if I get it then I'll do a picture for sure. Jeans definitely fit better after washing, but I never had any issues with the knees on the AW13 ones as they fit the knee closely and the denim seemed to wrinkle much more finely (the MIJ I had from LVR this season kind of folded in big lumps and bags around the knee and were unwearable for me).

unouomedude

Reaction score
^ I've had my Diors tapered before and I suggest you not attempt unless you are super skinny because you risk making the denim look painted on your body. Also if your legs aren't perfectly straight like models, you risk emphasizing this flaw like in the pic below.

610f70580076fd2f75f2e070467ac959.png

Last edited:

stphnpn

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if any of you guys know how many versions of the hedi suede jacket SLP came out with,
http://cache.mrporter.com/prod-img/images/products/458478/458478_mrp_in_l.jpg
this is the jacket I'm referring to.

AFAIK theres been a camel brown version (2014), a honey suede version(2014), and a tan version(2015). But I could could be very wrong, anyways, please let me know if you have knowledge in this matter.

Thanks!

SaintLaurent

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wondering if any of you guys know how many versions of the hedi suede jacket SLP came out with,
http://cache.mrporter.com/prod-img/images/products/458478/458478_mrp_in_l.jpg
this is the jacket I'm referring to.

AFAIK theres been a camel brown version (2014), a honey suede version(2014), and a tan version(2015). But I could could be very wrong, anyways, please let me know if you have knowledge in this matter.

Thanks!
Mr Porter also have a black version now. http://www.mrporter.com/en-nz/mens/saint_laurent/hedi-suede-jacket/592186 There's also the leopard print version http://www.mrporter.com/en-nz/mens/saint_laurent/slim-fit-leopard-print-suede-jacket/516512

sepp

Reaction score
SLP aficionados,

Possible to direct me to the place for a pair of crashed jeans in light blue? Somewhere I don't need to worry about the authenticity of the goods?

Many thanks in advance.

Gustave

Reaction score
I finally got my five zips and splatter shirt from the tailor and they are perfect. I took the down to 13cm on the jeans a shaved about an inch off the length of the shirt as it was a tad long on me. I also tried the red western flannel which is much nicer than the blue in my opinion. I will be grabbing one a recommend it to anyone on the fence about it

the red plaid western shirt looks awesome mate! How is this cutting comparing with the oversized blue flannel ?
If I'm wearing size M in the oversized flannel should I take 1 size up for this cut?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads