Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. OakGhost

OakGhost Senior member

@slann01 looking good! Ya, love has them....really nice in person. The hardware is solid.

@Prudy yep, I'm a 27 and I always have my slp shop take all my denim in from 15.5cm or in this case from the 15cm down to 13cm. I also had about an inch taken off the length which I usually do not do. They are still not as skinny as all my SS15 denim which are cut a bit slimmer below the knee but I love em! Also took and inch off the length of my splatter and it fits like a glove now!

@Sunny23 hmmm, no I have never had that issue with any of my raws or regular. I always have mine taken in very slim below the knee and have been very happy with them .

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  2. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Yes Prudy, from YSL.com. It's strange because the red and black sweater was showing as available for pre-order with multiple sizes left (it didn't say last one in M anyway), but the day it arrived I checked and M was gone immediately. Perhaps they didn't receive the quantities they expected, or maybe there was a rush as soon as they arrived (doubt it).

I've also transferred the only 48 in the campaign longer length 2 button notch lapel blazer. Should arrive next week so I'll go and try it Saturday. Hopefully the snap closure 4.5 cm French will have arrived by then too.

How are the knees on your mid waist jeans Prudy? Not too baggy by the looks of your photos right?

Cheers

3. Prudy

Prudy Senior member

Kieran I would love to see a pic of that blazer when you get it...and, yeah, i don't find them too baggy on the mid rise. Honestly, I find with most if the raw SLP denim that they bag and crease in the knee and crotch a bit until the first wash, at which point they smooth out a bit. Not sure if others find this to be true as well.

One thing about all the fw15 raws I've tried so far is they are very long - I'm considering heming them after the first wash if they don't shrink up a bit, which may affect the stacking as well. But, I like the fw15 MII fits so far, the cut is straighter overall I think and they fit better on the waist then some of the past season's denim IMO. For the D02s I'm enjoying the MII made zip denim, good stuff! They look great peeking out of a longer shirt or blazer.

4. Sunny23

Sunny23 Active Member

Im glad someone else has the same issue as me. I am pissed about it, might go the tailor route with them. Its just such a gamble though. I tried on a pair of the light coated D02 and did not have the issue at all, I really just want a plain black jean that I can wear the crap out of though.

5. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

^ I feel like I shouldn't have to tailor them at all other than length, and I'd rather pass than attempt it. Luckily I still have additional black and indigo AW13 d02s left. I really want some different styles such as mid waist though so I'll be really upset if they're not good either (looks like they should be good though based on Prudy's pictures).

Prudy if I get it then I'll do a picture for sure. Jeans definitely fit better after washing, but I never had any issues with the knees on the AW13 ones as they fit the knee closely and the denim seemed to wrinkle much more finely (the MIJ I had from LVR this season kind of folded in big lumps and bags around the knee and were unwearable for me).

6. fatboyslim

fatboyslim Active Member

Do you have any experience with slimming down the leg though? Massive chance of massive mess?

7. unouomedude

unouomedude Member

^ I've had my Diors tapered before and I suggest you not attempt unless you are super skinny because you risk making the denim look painted on your body. Also if your legs aren't perfectly straight like models, you risk emphasizing this flaw like in the pic below.

[​IMG]

8. neonrider

neonrider Senior member

don't taper.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

wyatt
    destroyed
    bronze clous
    sisters
    L01

9. Illithid Dude

Illithid Dude Senior member

Can anyone speak to the quality of the Saint Laurent stores in Barcelona and Madrid?

10. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

damn my legs aren't straight...knees go in...much like that pic but a little worse..

11. ohmydontcry

ohmydontcry Senior member

another shot of the blue flannel in different lighting.

[​IMG]

12. stphnpn

stphnpn Member

Hey guys, just wondering if any of you guys know how many versions of the hedi suede jacket SLP came out with,
    http://cache.mrporter.com/prod-img/images/products/458478/458478_mrp_in_l.jpg
    this is the jacket I'm referring to.

AFAIK theres been a camel brown version (2014), a honey suede version(2014), and a tan version(2015). But I could could be very wrong, anyways, please let me know if you have knowledge in this matter.

Thanks!

13. SaintLaurent

SaintLaurent Senior member

Mr Porter also have a black version now. http://www.mrporter.com/en-nz/mens/saint_laurent/hedi-suede-jacket/592186 There's also the leopard print version http://www.mrporter.com/en-nz/mens/saint_laurent/slim-fit-leopard-print-suede-jacket/516512

14. sepp

sepp Senior member

SLP aficionados,

Possible to direct me to the place for a pair of crashed jeans in light blue? Somewhere I don't need to worry about the authenticity of the goods?

Many thanks in advance.

15. Gustave

Gustave Member

the red plaid western shirt looks awesome mate! How is this cutting comparing with the oversized blue flannel ?
    If I'm wearing size M in the oversized flannel should I take 1 size up for this cut?