1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. youwhat

youwhat Senior Member

yeah, i thought the same on that jacket when trying it on...wash looks good but sleeves are awful.

2. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

Here are a couple more pics of SS15 stuff I've picked up over the past 6-8 weeks.

Silk stand collar shirt is great - has skulls in the pattern, quite nice! Stitched santiags looked sorta cheap to me in online pics, but in person I liked them a lot and they fit super well, very sleek.

Sorry for the super messy room, but I'm traveling 4 times this month and basically living out of a suitcase or two...

[​IMG]

SLP:
    Shades
    Silk paisley stand collar shirt
    Raw hem D022
    Santiag western ankle boot

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015

3. slann01

slann01 Senior Member

Sick detail on the shirt, i'd never guessed some skulls were hiding in the pasley lol. Which of the silk shirts do you recommend for summer? Here in Rome We reach 30°C, do you recommend them for this kind of heat? How much cleaning would they require? Thanks in advance, sorry for so many questions

4. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

@slann01

My rule of thumb for silk is this; if you sweat a lot in summer even in a t-shirt, or if it's that hot, don't wear silk :)

Honestly, I am one of those people that sweats even at 25C, so I don't wear a lot of silk in the summer unless it's a cool summer evening -- I avoid sun, basically. I normally wear silk at night and in Spring, Fall and Winter months. I don't wash my silk very often, once every 18 months or so, but that's because I wear it maybe once a month (I have a decent number of SLP silk shirts to choose from) and because I hate washing silk :)

If you don't sweat at all, even in heat, silk should be fine. Some people find it warmer than cotton, but I don't really notice any difference. Hope that helps...

5. needhelp123

needhelp123 Distinguished Member

Don't wear silk if you think you'll sweat in a t-shirt. I wore mine 26C only the bottom two buttons done up so i can show my tits for the girls, sleeves rolled up like i just don't care, and already my whole back of the shirt was sticking to me soaked in my sweat, it still stunk of my sweat when it dried so i gave it a quick rinse in cold water. Lucky it is not noticeable just don't pat me on the back when you talk to me.

6. Prudy

Prudy Senior Member

^^ lol

you said it way more effectively than I did!!

7. numb3rs

numb3rs Member

[​IMG]

Hey,

Anyone in here able to give some infos about how to size on the embroidered tunic top? Thanks in advance!
    I'm 5"11, 135 lbs

8. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Distinguished Member

You're a perfect SLP "small" since you're 135 lbs. As long as your shoulders aren't super wide, you don't need to go to medium, which would be real billowy. I'm assuming you're fairly skinny.

9. neonrider

neonrider Senior Member

what is the deal with people that buy sl just to resell it on grailed or ebay at the same price they bought it for, instead of returning it? am i missing something here? it's really annoying, i'd much rather buy from the website than from random resellers.

10. slann01

slann01 Senior Member

I made myself the same question many times. Maybe in reality they have some connection or they are Slp employees, so they get the garments for less and get some money with reselling?

11. neonrider

neonrider Senior Member

i don't know. for example, there's this dude on grailed "eric schiele" who just posted several pairs (?) of the new super destroyeds bought from the website. he does this regularly. clearly he's not going to wear them, but nor is he returning them.

i mean i have a pair, but what's the point of buying everything in a given size/model from the website? some kind of weird hoarding fetish? lol wtfffff.

fucking wannabes.

anyways, regarding clothes. if you're under 5'10ish i'd be pretty careful buying the tunic tops. they're cut pretty long (and they come in two lengths). cue the bitching short guys in 3...2...1.

silk is preferable to cotton because of course it is much lighter in the summer.

i'm really liking a few of the boho tops, but unfortunately my favorites which are the checked lurex shirts are cut too insanely small to wear.

i'm loving that paisley top prudy. i have too many silks now otherwise i'd grab one of those for sure. beautifully cut and printed.

12. bawlin

bawlin Distinguished Member

"fucking wannabes."

Some of you guys are stupider than I thought.

With a high dollar value product that is easy to sell for retail, people will often buy in mass quantities so they can build points or earn rewards on their credit cards. Lots of people do this, and you see it happen all the time with Apple gift cards.

13. neonrider

neonrider Senior Member

lol "bawlin" why do you treat everything as a fight? should i retaliate? how about:

advice on earning credit card points from the guy with gold rolex avatar he doesn't have who discusses bmw's he doesn't have is pretty much the definition of "fucking wannabe". as is buying designer fashion in bulk to resell on the internet.

it's interesting how anytime i bring up the distinction between wannabes and the real thing...a certain type of person tends to go insane. as i've repeatedly said, i don't think the point of any kind of fashion, especially hedi's sl, is pathological consumerism.

anyways. let's get back to clothes. think you can handle that bawlin?

14. brianoh

brianoh Senior Member

This thread is amazing. I want to live in the world Neonrider lives in.

15. bawlin

bawlin Distinguished Member

We have a stalker on our hands - glad you're keeping tabs on me :)

To quote, I believe it was ExAngel - some people in this thread need to take Hedi's cock out of their ears.

Back to the clothes...