• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SA snobiness? Story for your holiday cheer

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Did you bang her?

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice gesture. It would definitely get me to return to such a store when I had the means.

the_economist

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spatlese
Nice gesture. It would definitely get me to return to such a store when I had the means.

Oh I certainly will. If I end up in SF (and make a lot of money), she has a loyal customer.

Eccentric

Reaction score
So nice to hear after the other admitedly entertaining, yet subtly depressing thread recently on SA behavior.

stilmacher

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Awesome woman! I don't think Borrelli as we know it will be around for much longer though.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nicee

aboutsomeoneelse

Reaction score
Good for you, and good for her! Thanks for posting this.
thumbs-up.gif

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Certainly that story was a marked contrast to the treatment I got at Barney's in BH a week or so ago. I got a few items off the "sale" shelf and went over to the counter where the cash register was situated. The SA at the cash register was helping another customer, and I was cool with that. However, not one but two other SAs, a man and a woman, were "double teaming" another customer, and I was totally ignored. Even a quick, "We'll be with you shortly," from one of the SAs would have mollified me, but, no, I was totally ignored. This went on for about five minutes. Then, my patience exhausted, I threw the merchandise back on the sale shelf in a dramatically petulant gesture and went down the stairs to find my wife.

"At least at bloody Target or Costco they try to check you out as quickly as possible!" was my thought as I departed in a huff.

Certainly, my attire had nothing to do with this. I was, by any objective standard, much more elegantly clad than the vast majority of male shoppers in the Rodeo Drive area.

This was in marked contrast with the extremely attentive service I got at Carroll & Co. a short time earlier. The SA there was so nice and attentive that I felt very guilty for leaving without making a purchase. They were having a sale whereby if you spent over $500 you got a 25% discount. This would mean getting Alden shell cordovans for around $400. I was a bit tempted, but none fit me. It's hard to make a "small" purchase in that store. I might have bought an ascot I saw and liked, but the price of their ascots had jumped by $20 in the past year, meaning it would have been about $125 with tax, which strikes me as a bit much for an ascot.

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stilmacher
Awesome woman! I don't think Borrelli as we know it will be around for much longer though.

Why do feel this way?
What have you heard, seen?

sonlegoman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's my last year selling Lego toys on eBay before going off to optometry school. Well, I rather not keep all my inventory. So I'm giving away tons of free little sets that are more trouble than its (or it's, either way works) worth. I think in down times, it is important to be charitable. However, I'm disgusted by so many eBay customers who get so nasty around this time. It seems people become instantly impatient once Black Friday comes by. I had one lady buy an item and the next day she sent me a message indicating the item had not arrived. I ignored her until she sent me another message the next day similar to the first message. I told her that the item will take 2-3 days as normal for Priority Mail. She shot back a message about how it's important since it is Christmas time. I shot back the nastiest thing I've ever said to a customer without a care in the world since it was my last year. I told her I don't live in a bubble and I do indeed notice people like her being such idiots because Christmas is like some full moon that makes people become huge twats. She was not too happy.

But it is nice to see stories like these. I wish it happened more often.

Composer_1777

Reaction score
This is rediculous, what person would buy someone some BS and then go chase them down and offer them it as a gift... shes got mental issues or really really needed to get laid.

This is holiday bs is what it is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads