• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Still distraught I missed out on the cord work jacket in cedar tbh

Ack!

We won't be making that one again, but the same corduroy will surely reappear later next year — perhaps in a similar style to the work jacket which we're working on at the moment.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here's another item of spring-destined outerwear we've been developing this week.

It's a short, unstructured, unlined jacket. I suppose a jacket. A mid-layer, perhaps, which may or may not eventually go by the name of pyjama shirt or some-such.

pyjama-toile-1@2x.jpg

It has a dropped, open collar, with a little notch on the underside so it sits nice and flush when fastened (my number-one chagrin usually with such collars). It also has a semi-raglan sleeve (the same as on the Chesterfield) which gives a nice soft roundness to the shape. And just the one pocket! Unbelievable. This is not because of budgetary cutbacks but because this is intended as only slightly more substantial than our shirt.

The heavy burlap linen, which we've used for a few spring-summers in succession, is top candidate for when this goes into production. It looks similar to the cotton-linen cloth from which this prototype is made, but a little more unruly.

Remy Fool

Reaction score
Here's another item of spring-destined outerwear we've been developing this week.

It's a short, unstructured, unlined jacket. I suppose a jacket. A mid-layer, perhaps, which may or may not eventually go by the name of pyjama shirt or some-such.

View attachment 1297983

It has a dropped, open collar, with a little notch on the underside so it sits nice and flush when fastened (my number-one chagrin usually with such collars). It also has a semi-raglan sleeve (the same as on the Chesterfield) which gives a nice soft roundness to the shape. And just the one pocket! Unbelievable. This is not because of budgetary cutbacks but because this is intended as only slightly more substantial than our shirt.

The heavy burlap linen, which we've used for a few spring-summers in succession, is top candidate for when this goes into production. It looks similar to the cotton-linen cloth from which this prototype is made, but a little more unruly.

I know this is still in production but I would love to be put on the waiting list for this pyjama shirt (name pending).

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Paul, are there any new shirts in the pipeline?

Not until a couple months into the New Year, probably.

We'll be making more shirts in desert cotton, that's for certain -- most likely with granddad collar this time.

And then we're hoping to make some with a blend of silk and linen from Ireland. We used the same sort of cloth a few years back for jackets and trousers, and I think it'll be a good weight and quality for shirts.

Plus there'll be a return of the very, very good "tailoring linen" and linen pinpoint, both for shirts of one collar or another.

As well as these, we're working slowly on a new short-sleeve style of shirt -- a completely new design. I'm not sure exactly when it'll see light of day, but I'll be irked if it hasn't shown up by late spring.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I know de is very much rigueur right now to be previewing SS20 or AW20 or some-such ... but here's a few photographs of some of the more recent things we've made being worn -- all of which are suitable to a lesser or greater degree to what's going on out the window right this second.

trench-coat-natte-tweed-charcoal-worn-1@2x.jpg
crewneck-geelong-lambswool-ash-grey-worn-2@2x.jpg
crewneck-geelong-lambswool-ash-grey-worn-1@2x.jpg
chesterfield-woollen-bedford-cord-charcoal-worn-3@2x.jpg
chesterfield-woollen-bedford-cord-charcoal-worn-1@2x.jpg
trench-coat-natte-tweed-charcoal-worn-3@2x.jpg
field-grey-worn-2@2x.jpg
cardigan-grey-worn-1@2x.jpg
balaclava-geelong-lambswool-dark-navy-worn-3@2x.jpg
balaclava-geelong-lambswool-dark-navy-worn-2@2x.jpg
balmacaan-donegal-tweed-navy-grey-worn-3@2x.jpg
balmacaan-donegal-tweed-navy-grey-worn-2@2x.jpg
balmacaan-donegal-tweed-navy-grey-worn-1@2x.jpg
trench-coat-natte-tweed-charcoal-worn-2@2x.jpg

More to come!

One day!

RCD33

Reaction score
I know de is very much rigueur right now to be previewing SS20 or AW20 or some-such ... but here's a few photographs of some of the more recent things we've made being worn -- all of which are suitable to a lesser or greater degree to what's going on out the window right this second.

View attachment 1300274 View attachment 1300275 View attachment 1300276 View attachment 1300277 View attachment 1300278 View attachment 1300279 View attachment 1300280 View attachment 1300281 View attachment 1300282 View attachment 1300283 View attachment 1300284 View attachment 1300285 View attachment 1300286 View attachment 1300287

More to come!

One day!

The sleeves appear much roomier on the balmacaan than with last year’s iteration. Was a change made in the pattern? Looks good!

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The sleeves appear much roomier on the balmacaan than with last year’s iteration. Was a change made in the pattern? Looks good!

There is more room in there, yes — well spotted!

Another factor is the cloth, which isn't as thick and firm as the tweed last year. The one this year has more drape to it.

Blackmaged

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is more room in there, yes — well spotted!

Another factor is the cloth, which isn't as thick and firm as the tweed last year. The one this year has more drape to it.

Since we're discussing the balmacaan... is the grown-on collar tab here to stay?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads