• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RRL Icon bomber (ish) leather jacket (L)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I made some bad decisions and ended up with two RRL leather jackets (says Icon on the tag; basically a bomber but with different cuffs and hem), size Large. Never wore either and they sat in my closet forever. Then tried treating one with lexol and two coats of Obenauf's, which turned out pretty awesome. Then I found one in my size a week later.

More details here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/286264/obenaufs-lp-on-an-rrl-leather-jacket

One is NWT, the other is, I don't know, what NWOT + Lexol + Obenauf's + a week of work is (still have the tags for this one if you want them for whatever reason). Asking 500 shipped (CONUS). Retail was 1200.

[COLOR=FF0000]BOTH SOLD[/COLOR]

shoulders: 19"
chest: 22.5"
length: 23.5"
hem: 21"
sleeve: 25.5"

Attachments

• UsdZq.jpg
    UsdZq.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a bunch of people asking, but no one committed (and I was lazy about paying attention to bumps during the semester, so part of that's on me). Dropping the price to 500.

Last edited:

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If only you were a large. :( (I got into this mess pining for a medium; I totally know how you feel.)

This is driving me crazy, though. Guys, lowballing's not cool. RRL leathers go on ebay for 900-1200, and there's a special edition of this jacket on ebay for 3k. 500 for a new RRL leather is not unfair.

Last edited:

chriswastaken

Reaction score
another useless comment here, but **** - that is beautiful. i love the treated one. perfect jacket for my indiana jones style obsession.. but yea the whole large thing and i recently picked up a similar one (but i like this better). stick to your guns. $500 is a steal.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If only you were a large. :( (I got into this mess pining for a medium; I totally know how you feel.)
This is driving me crazy, though. Guys, lowballing's not cool. RRL leathers go on ebay for 900-1200, and there's a special edition of this jacket on ebay for 3k. 500 for a new RRL leather is not unfair.

Yeah if these were M, I probably would have bought both at this price

RRLifer

Reaction score
I'm new on the RRL forum, but it doesn't look like it gets much activity? am i missing something?
thanks!

RRLifer

Reaction score
Sorry, new to forum, and didn't see when these posts were being made. i was looking at the "joined date" as the last posting...such a rookie! :)
Anyway, I'm an RRL geek, work in a casual environment and only were RRL jeans 33x32, casual shirts (xl) and boots (sz 13).
Keeping my eyes open to a great suede jkt for the fall. Bought the baseball deerskin suede offered on sale on the Polo site, but the "L" just didn't cut it, damn.
Anyone see an XL around, i'd be very interested.
thanks!

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry, new to forum, and didn't see when these posts were being made.  i was looking at the "joined date" as the last posting...such a rookie! :)
Anyway, I'm an RRL geek, work in a casual environment and only were RRL jeans 33x32, casual shirts (xl) and boots (sz 13).
Keeping my eyes open to a great suede jkt for the fall.  Bought the baseball deerskin suede offered on sale on the Polo site, but the "L" just didn't cut it, damn.
Anyone see an XL around, i'd be very interested.
thanks!

Just so you know, this is a sales thread. This is where Arethusa is selling some leather jackets. If you want to discuss RRL in all its glory, you can do it here.

In regards to the suede jacket, you may have luck on eBay although it doesn't look like there's an XL available now. You could always contact a RRL store and see if they can hunt one down for you. There is a member on the above mentioned thread (Official RRL) called Dastig who works in the Chicago RRL store - you could PM him and see if he can help?

RRL CLOTHING

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why don't you sell them on ebay? You'll get $700-800 for each.

Nobody on these forums will pay you $500/ea, because they will go to outlets and buy them for $220. My stores put out a few leather jackets and coats last week (both Polo and RRL in sz. S/M)

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of sales, the treated jacket is now sold.

Untreated is still available. I have now actually, truly lost count of the number of people who have told me they are going to buy it, asked for my paypal information, and then backed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads