• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RL SeerSucker?

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up a 3 button SB seersucker (white/blue) jacket from the outlet today, and was suprised that it had working button holes on sleeves that are way tooooo long, and no vent. the same coat is pictured with a single vent on RL.com. anyone else notice this? im by no means short and these sleeves come down to the end of my thumb, on a sz small. anyway of having the sleeves tailored so that the working button holes will still be there? also is there any way of adding a vent, or will it throw the jacket off balance? thanks gents. i guess at 125$ you cant ask for too much.

Doctor Crane

Reaction score
I've been to two different outlets this past week in search of a size small Seersucker coat but have as yet only found medium through xlarge. At least I now know that Polo does in fact make a small.

jamesbond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hmm, has anyone ordered the one off the website? did it come with a vent?

it looks exactly the same as the one on the website. i know they have one on there for 700$ as well, but there is also a cheaper one for around 200, and thats the coat i thought i had bought.

Doctor Crane

Reaction score
I am 100% positive that it is indeed a different coat. The one they sell on their website also retails in department stores such as Macy's, Lord & Taylor etc so drop by any one of those places to check it out. The only difference between the outlet coat and the retail coat, besides the vent, seems to be that one is made in Italy while the other is made somewhere in the third world.

Alas, even the web site doesn't sell a size small for the Italian coat.

Charley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am 100% positive that it is indeed a different coat. The one they sell on their website also retails in department stores such as Macy's, Lord & Taylor etc so drop by any one of those places to check it out. The only difference between the outlet coat and the retail coat, besides the vent, seems to be that one is made in Italy while the other is made somewhere in the third world.

Alas, even the web site doesn't sell a size small for the Italian coat.
They evidently do the same thing on the linen jackets.

Two local stores have them.
One has a jacket in a heavier weight linen, constructed as I want with the 1/4 or so lining. With patch pockets and functional sleeve buttons. Only in Very dark blue or dazzeling white. Made in Macau and priced at $225 - on sale for $180. nothing in Small, or so they tell me.

The other has the Italian sourced one. Inset pockets, Italian lighter weight linen, but in the desirable cream color. Same lining style with functional sleeve buttons. Price is $595. Nothing in Small, or so they tell me.

Both are three button, single vent. Neither has trousers to match - that I could find. What a miss by RLP. And, who can keep up with what the company is really producing and selling?

I bought both, took them to the tailor to look at. I'm working on getting the Irish linen to have the suit made.

NewYorkBuck

Reaction score
anyway of having the sleeves tailored so that the working button holes will still be there?

If possible, I think the answer would be to shorten from the shoulder. Not cheap though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads