• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Riots in Toronto

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
ok, mike, so you are an old hippy - what are the protesters thinking? even the non-violent ones? what is the idea behind all this?

I don't believe the vast majority of the protestors were even in the same neighborhood as this cluster-****.

Everyone has a right to protest, and even demonstrate; no one has a right to **** up a city the way these assholes did.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not enough money was spent on real bullets.

Happily activists are like children, take them to a parade and let them bang some pieces of metal together and they shut up for a while.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
I don't believe the vast majority of the protestors were even in the same neighborhood as this cluster-****.

Everyone has a right to protest, and even demonstrate; no one has a right to **** up a city the way these assholes did.

no issues, let them protest peacefully. what are they protesting? what do they want? I don't get it.

Duff_Man

Reaction score
I'm very impressed with the ISU. We haven't gotten a single group of note even really hit the gate at Wellington and John St since friday. We all get tooled up and excited as the comment sparkles with 'incoming', and then it turns fizzles into an anticlimax as they get diverted somewhere else.
Today we had a couple close calls at King St. and John, and that was the closest they got.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deranged
i think all the starbucks are corporately owned, so are the american apparel stores.
not defending the protesters, but they are well organized and only targeted corporations. no civilians and local moms and pops stores were vandalized.
at one point some goons were trying to flip over a BMW outside the police headquarters and the head protesters stopped them and said "that's not our enemy". this is via the toronto star

Yeah, I wasnt sure if they were corporate or franchises. Basically, the point Im trying to make is that while a lot of people have incurred damages and inconvenience during this g20 thing an argument can be made that it was a boon to the local police force - or whoever it was that got the lions share of this 1 billion dollar figure that is being bandied about.

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Duff_Man
I'm very impressed with the ISU. We haven't gotten a single group of note even really hit the gate at Wellington and John St since friday. We all get tooled up and excited as the comment sparkles with 'incoming', and then it turns fizzles into an anticlimax as they get diverted somewhere else.
Today we had a couple close calls at King St. and John, and that was the closest they got.

Are you a TO cop?
eh.gif

closetmess

Reaction score
Shoot looters on site. It's what they said they'd do in Chicago in the 60s. Worked.

Minor sarcasm aside, this is a mark on my city and I don't believe it represents what Toronto, and Canada, is really about. Groupthink and mob mentalities pervade society too easily. I do find the 2 cop cars burned in the middle of King and Bay a little suspicious though. Not often you see an unattended cop car, that can then be stolen and parked in the middle of the major financial intersection...and lit on fire. Makes ya think.

The funny thing is, this will be forgotten in under a year. Know how I know? Quick - name where the G20 was held last year (sans Google)!!

...Pittsburgh, remember? No? Me neither. Wasted cash there too.

deranged

Reaction score
Originally Posted by closetmess
Minor sarcasm aside, this is a mark on my city and I don't believe it represents what Toronto, and Canada, is really about. Groupthink and mob mentalities pervade society too easily.

I think they said the Black Bloc goons are not from toronto. Some traveled from the states and europe to stir **** up. I think torontonians are too laid back to organize all this planned property damage

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Can I be the first to blame Bush?

closetmess

Reaction score
Originally Posted by deranged
I think they said the Black Bloc goons are not from toronto. Some traveled from the states and europe to stir **** up. I think torontonians are too laid back to organize all this planned property damage

If Roy Halladay was only allowed to pitch in Toronto Friday night, this all would have been resolved.

I can't imagine it's anyone from Toronto, but it still makes us look bad. It's lose-lose with the police as well. Too little force - Canada (continues to) look weak...; too much force - Don't tase me pig!!

Again, it will blow over. I just wish USA had won their soccer game so that would trump the media's interest and coverage of the G20
smile.gif

I hear the G8 is going swimmingly in cottage country, however. Little bit of ice cream, little bit of policy.

http://www.ctv.ca/gallery/html/g8-g2...26/index_.html

closetmess

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Can I be the first to blame Bush?

At least the far right usually have the balls to show their fat, rosacean faces and 2nd amendment toys. Despite being left of center myself, I've always feared the masked protester of the far left much more...idealism and cowardice mixed together is like putting more than one ice cube in an 18 year single malt. Disaster.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by closetmess
At least the far right usually have the balls to show their fat, rosacean faces and 2nd amendment toys. Despite being left of center myself, I've always feared the masked protester of the far left much more...idealism and cowardice mixed together is like putting more than one ice cube in an 18 year single malt. Disaster.

They hide their faces due to fear of Bush.

(Good post on your part.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads