• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ring Jacket Japan

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered my first MTM from the LP book and the second from Zegna. Jim has tons of books so lots of options. The lowest prices will probably be with the Ring book.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just FYI @GusW @justinkapur @comrade

Sizing up for me left me with a jacket that was clearly too big. I wear 36/46S in every maker I've tried, including Eidos (which I've also heard similar sizing advice for). I'm leaning a bit, hence the crease across the waist, else it falls pretty nicely:

Creamy waffle is one of my favorite fabrics. The standard 184 (Justin, I think KoC carries another cut as well) fits me fine, but I'm certainly going MTM next round. The Ring promo was too good to pass up, though.

Great value.

muchisgiven

Reaction score

Just FYI @GusW @justinkapur @comrade

Sizing up for me left me with a jacket that was clearly too big. I wear 36/46S in every maker I've tried, including Eidos (which I've also heard similar sizing advice for). I'm leaning a bit, hence the crease across the waist, else it falls pretty nicely:

Creamy waffle is one of my favorite fabrics. The standard 184 (Justin, I think KoC carries another cut as well) fits me fine, but I'm certainly going MTM next round. The Ring promo was too good to pass up, though.

Great value.

That's a really nice pink polo. Who makes it?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sacafatos, thanks for pointing that out. I would say if you need a shorter jacket and are on the leaner side of a size, then yes, take your normal size. On average though, most guys will size up.

evilmerino

Reaction score
Just wanted to drop my two cents in regarding Ring Jacket.

Despite extremely limited availability in the U.S. (especially in Seattle
frown.gif
) I did my homework on the fits and where and who I could order from.
After pouring over fitting charts on Rakuten, I blindly ordered a 184 fit jacket (very soft construction, quarter lined, high gorge) in a mid-grey Loro Piana.

I'll try and post a picture of the entire fit, but I'm trying to adjust the taper on the trousers at the moment.

Anyways, first off, price per value - probably one of the single best OTR suiting options available.
I was pleased with the overall quality, from the stitching, to the curve of the barchetta pocket, etc.

The fit took me by surprise, not the super high gorge (which is amazing, I can't tell you how much I feel this impacts your visual height/proportions)
But small but noticeable fitting details. The pitch of the armhole is rotated forward, which definitely suits my posture and allows me to stand more naturally at work compared to my usual chest-out robo-pose that I find myself trying to emulate.
The gorge height is also balanced well with the generous but not overly so lapel width.

My tailor did not have to even touch the jacket minus the addition functional cuffs.

My next endeavour is to somehow manage to try out their MTM/MTO program, however seeing that I'm stuck out here in Seattle,
I might be out of luck.

Also their new US site looks pretty sharp.

Last edited:

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone seen this suit in person? If so how is it? Is this a style you think someone in his early 20's can pull off?

Yes I've seen it, and yes you could pull it off, at least fabric-wise. The pinstripe is actually the a bit muted due to the weave.

The fabric is almost like a hopsack - the mohair makes it stiffer as well. I just purchased a single breasted wool / mohair jacket in the Armoury's own fuller silhouette, and I'm really pleased with how the fabric wears and hangs - it's got some substance without being stiflingly hot.

sprout2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I posted this in the GNAT (Good Natured Advice Thread) since there was interest in Ring Jacket, but I didn't know there was a dedicated thread here.

I can order Ring for you and ship it on to your destination.
I can work with Ring's direct points of sale and retailers carrying their items.
Once you know your size, I can also help you through the MTO/MTM process if you want to order an item in a specific fabric or with some adjustments.

The cost performance presented by Ring Jacket is strong, and the dollar is trading extremely strong to the yen (1USD = 123JPY).

I can also translate for you and field any questions you might have. I can provide size charts as well.
I'll ship to your door with tracking and insurance.

As an example, Ring's jackets can be had for between 530 and 900 USD (the high end being for special, limited fabrics like vintage Carlo Barbera archives).

Here is an example:

Creamy Waffle, 100% wool, unpadded shoulder and enlarged sleevehead, unlined. The wool has an open weave and slight stretch. This comes in a size range from EU42 to 52 and costs only 530 USD.

Also in brown

Here is a suit in Carlo Barbera fabric

This project is underway immediately and I can start shipping right away.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads