• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ricky Ho

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was talking to RIcky this a.m. about a shirt order and I found myself, in a strange way, worried about pissing him off.  Then it hit me:  Ricky is like the Soup Nazi in that Seinfeld episode.

"That's it. No shirts for you."

PS: Ricky, if you are reading this: I love you man.

bch

Reaction score
True. He has more customers than he needs. Maybe if one of us could get our hands on his recipe for shirts....

Panzeraxe

Reaction score
So true - I'm always very very polite when I speak with Ricky - I'm always afraid I may piss him off.

Panzer

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have thought this all along -- I'm fairly certain I've been banned, perhaps as a result of pointing out that I had two shirts made in incorrect fabrics and asking whether I might be charged for only four shirts on a subsequent 5 shirt order (which I have never received, going on 10 months now).

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have thought this all along -- I'm fairly certain I've been banned, perhaps as a result of pointing out that I had two shirts made in incorrect fabrics and asking whether I might be charged for only four shirts on a subsequent 5 shirt order (which I have never received, going on 10 months now).
Don't ever ask me to go the front of the line and order crab bisque for you JN3, I like you, but not enough to risk getting cut off myself
biggrin.gif

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
JN3, why don't you get a friend of yours to order for you? Even the strictest of nazis can be outsmarted.

Mr. Xristo

Reaction score
I'm fairly certain I've been banned, perhaps as a result of pointing out that I had two shirts made in incorrect fabrics...
No offense meant here.. Why do people feel they need to walk on eggshells when dealing with people like this? In the case above, an obvious mistake was made on the part of the tailor and the customer tried to remedy it in a very reasonable manner. I, personally, have zero patience for business people this and others. It's only a shirt...

bch

Reaction score
I'm fairly certain I've been banned, perhaps as a result of pointing out that I had two shirts made in incorrect fabrics...
No offense meant here.. Why do people feel they need to walk on eggshells when dealing with people like this? In the case above, an obvious mistake was made on the part of the tailor and the customer tried to remedy it in a very reasonable manner. I, personally, have zero patience for business people this and others. It's only a shirt...
Because the shirts are such an outrageously good deal, it is worth checking the pride and living with a few mistakes. You still come out ahead. I just received 15 shirts last month. Nice, though I think I specified too wide a collar on a few of them. Of course, I will keep mum and order more. JN3, you really screwed up, man.
biggrin.gif

Mr. Xristo

Reaction score
...it is worth checking the pride and living with a few mistakes.
I have no problem with pride, but have more an issue with a business owner expecting people to bow down because he has "good deals."

What if someone had a real issue with an order (e.g., wrong color, wrong cuff, etc.)?

Based on these posts, most would be inclined to not say anything at all and live with the mistakes of the tailor and continue to spend money with the person despite their lack of "people skills."

How much are these shirts anyways?

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
- "He forgot the extra buttons, in case I lose one." - "Just let it go man, let it go." - To Ricky: "Excuse me, you...you forgot the extra buttons." - Ricky: "You want the extra buttons? NO SHIRT FOR YOU... COME BACK, ONE YEAR..." In case Ricky's reading - only kidding.
smile.gif

Mr. Xristo

Reaction score
About $40
dunno... will boil down to what people are willing to tolerate for their money.. $40 for a shirt is an excellent deal.. Add to that extended wait times and a soup-nazi-like tailor and the price of the shirt has increased, IMHO. There is a local tailor in my area who makes shirts starting at $45 (Phil Cassini 954-764-5245). I have not utilized his services for shirts, but have for other items. He is friendly, responsive to requests and comments, and has more customers than he needs. I could be totally wrong, and if I am I apologize in advance, but am forming my opinion on what I am reading here.

johnnynorman3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought that my compromise offer was a good one, and one that wouldn't offend. Perhaps I was wrong -- and believe me I regret it.
smile.gif

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Before we demonize Ricky for the wrong things and lead Xristo astray, Ricky is NOT penalizing folk for complaining. That would imply two things that are not at play: (1) that a Hong Kong businessman would turn down business and (2) that Ricky has a system that would enable him to pick and choose which orders to fulfill. Rather, the enormous variance in order filling is purely a function of Ricky being overwhelmed. Actually he is a nice guy according to those who have met with/spoken to him and would not impose arbitrary punishment.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads