Ricky Ho

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Stu, Jul 11, 2005.

1. fopkid

fopkid Well-Known Member

This is a timely thread for me, because I've seemingly been banned by Ricky before I even started with him. Last November, I placed my first order, and sat frustrated while I read on these boards about other new Jantzen customers of the same vintage who got their shirts while I did not. So I sent Ricky a nice e-mail this spring asking what had become of my order. No reply. Then in May, I placed another order. Yesterday, after having heard nothing back on that order, I sent another nice note asking what was up. Does anyone have any magic word or phrase that I could use to get some love from Ricky?

2. Mr. Xristo

Mr. Xristo Member

Then I digress. Thanks for the clarification [​IMG] Sounds like people are going to have to be extra, extra patient.

3. Matt

Matt [email protected]

the telephone

4. Panzeraxe

Panzeraxe Senior member

(fopkid @ July 11 2005,09:51) This is a timely thread for me, because I've seemingly been banned by Ricky before I even started with him. Â Last November, I placed my first order, and sat frustrated while I read on these boards about other new Jantzen customers of the same vintage who got their shirts while I did not. Â So I sent Ricky a nice e-mail this spring asking what had become of my order. Â No reply. Â Then in May, I placed another order. Â Yesterday, after having heard nothing back on that order, I sent another nice note asking what was up. Â Does anyone have any magic word or phrase that I could use to get some love from Ricky?
    the telephone
    Agreed - give him a call and he'll get your shirts out to you much much faster - pretty nice guy too, Panzer

5. bch

bch Senior member

Mr. Xristo, we may all be giving Ricky an unfair rap. I don't think he has any expectations about his customers "bowing down." I don't think he bans anybody, it's just that orders get misplaced or lost. It's happened to me, and I called him. Three weeks later, I got the shirts I ordered. Unfortunately, a call to Hong Kong cost almost as much as 1 shirt, but it's the price we pay.

6. Mr. Xristo

Mr. Xristo Member

I hear you and did digress after receiving clarification, thank you for further clarifying the matter. [​IMG] It would appear the best way to order/check status, et al would be to call at all costs and not to email Mr. Ricky

7. Matt

Matt [email protected]

derail follows (but its more attractive than rickeybashing) - how is puerto rican tailoring Stu?

8. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Living in Texas I've often considered the possibility of harnessing Mexican labor. I've done no research into the matter at all since I have no Mexican friends nor do I speak Spanish but maybe someone more versed in the subject would know if it's feasible in terms of both cost and quality.

I understand that there is plenty of affluence in Mexico City. How is tailoring there? I don't think we have any members who hail from Mexico, but surely someone has visited a few times?

9. Mr. Xristo

Mr. Xristo Member

are you looking for mass production or 10 shirts here and there?

10. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

The latter. The smaller the necessary volume the better. I've been considering a run across the border to buy a few cases of cheap tequila. If I could get some shirts commissioned while I'm there, that would be perfect.

If higher volume is really necessary, maybe something along the lines of [email protected]'s endeavor in Vietnam.

11. Mr. Xristo

Mr. Xristo Member

Given the amount of money in Mexico City, I can assure you there are reputable tailors; finding one is another story.

12. Stu

Stu Senior member

(Stu @ July 11 2005,06:52) I was talking to RIcky this a.m. about a shirt order and I found myself, in a strange way, worried about pissing him off. Â Then it hit me: Â Ricky is like the Soup Nazi in that Seinfeld episode. "That's it. No shirts for you." PS: Ricky, if you are reading this: Â I love you man.
    derail follows (but its more attractive than rickeybashing) - how is puerto rican tailoring Stu?
    Nonexistent. There are some Dominican tailors here who do shirts, but I have never tried one.

13. fopkid

fopkid Well-Known Member

Panzeraxe, thanks for your reply. I was just about to take your advice when ricky replied to my e-mail. You're right: he's a nice guy. His tone was really friendly. I'm now excited to get my first Jantzen shirt.

14. Mr. Xristo

Mr. Xristo Member

I found the web site for Ricky..

I assume everyone here is satsified with the quality and fit?

15. philosophe

philosophe Senior member

I sent an email and received a prompt reply, then another note with some questions about the order. Ricky even apologized for the delay. All and all, I'd say he is extremely nice.