1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Ricky Ho

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Stu, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Mr. Xristo

Mr. Xristo Member

I hear you and did digress after receiving clarification, thank you for further clarifying the matter. [​IMG] It would appear the best way to order/check status, et al would be to call at all costs and not to email Mr. Ricky

2. Matt

Matt Senior member

derail follows (but its more attractive than rickeybashing) - how is puerto rican tailoring Stu?

3. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Living in Texas I've often considered the possibility of harnessing Mexican labor. I've done no research into the matter at all since I have no Mexican friends nor do I speak Spanish but maybe someone more versed in the subject would know if it's feasible in terms of both cost and quality.

I understand that there is plenty of affluence in Mexico City. How is tailoring there? I don't think we have any members who hail from Mexico, but surely someone has visited a few times?

4. Mr. Xristo

Mr. Xristo Member

are you looking for mass production or 10 shirts here and there?

5. Kent Wang

Kent Wang Senior member Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

The latter. The smaller the necessary volume the better. I've been considering a run across the border to buy a few cases of cheap tequila. If I could get some shirts commissioned while I'm there, that would be perfect.

If higher volume is really necessary, maybe something along the lines of m@T's endeavor in Vietnam.

6. Mr. Xristo

Mr. Xristo Member

Given the amount of money in Mexico City, I can assure you there are reputable tailors; finding one is another story.

7. Stu

Stu Senior member

(Stu @ July 11 2005,06:52) I was talking to RIcky this a.m. about a shirt order and I found myself, in a strange way, worried about pissing him off. Â Then it hit me: Â Ricky is like the Soup Nazi in that Seinfeld episode. "That's it. No shirts for you." PS: Ricky, if you are reading this: Â I love you man.
    derail follows (but its more attractive than rickeybashing) - how is puerto rican tailoring Stu?
    Nonexistent. There are some Dominican tailors here who do shirts, but I have never tried one.

8. fopkid

fopkid Well-Known Member

Panzeraxe, thanks for your reply. I was just about to take your advice when ricky replied to my e-mail. You're right: he's a nice guy. His tone was really friendly. I'm now excited to get my first Jantzen shirt.

9. Mr. Xristo

Mr. Xristo Member

I found the web site for Ricky..

I assume everyone here is satsified with the quality and fit?

10. philosophe

philosophe Senior member

I sent an email and received a prompt reply, then another note with some questions about the order. Ricky even apologized for the delay. All and all, I'd say he is extremely nice.

11. Mr. Xristo

Mr. Xristo Member

cooll... after reading all of these posts, it seems the only issue is the fact that he is so busy. [​IMG]

12. Jantzentailor

Jantzentailor Member

I didn't picked up my phone yesterday. And I never say **no shirt for you**
    May be he called to somewhere else.
    Ricky Ho,

13. fkl118

fkl118 Senior member

Ricky, my relatives recently picked up some shirts for me. The shirts were excellent as always. [​IMG]

14. aybojs

aybojs Senior member

Good to hear from you. I've tried placing a few orders with no response and was a little worried I had ended up on a "no shirt list" myself, but it's a relief to hear it's only a matter of having a lot of business. I definitely love the shirts I have and am probably going to try to order more again in the next week or so; hopefully it'll go through this time. I'm spoiled now and can't justify paying for shirts off the rack anymore [​IMG].

15. Jantzentailor

Jantzentailor Member

Fleix,
    Your relatives are very nice OLD HONG KONG couple. Hope they enjoyed last visiting.
    With my pleasure.
    Ricky Ho.

16. Jantzentailor

Jantzentailor Member

aybojs,
    Sorry about that. We are just way toooo busy. Even time 4:04 am out time. I still making & packing your gays orders.
    I hope your guys understand that, we are such small company. And we have so much local order everyday.
    I just take my night time to take care my overseas order. That's why I am seldom to visit & reply this forum. Hope you don't mind.
    Ricky Ho.

17. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Senior member

I hope this was typo .. otherwise this is too funny.

18. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Oh I'm laughing out loud. That's too funny.

19. aybojs

aybojs Senior member

Thanks for the information, I understand how things can be difficult. I'll just keep trying every now and then, and hopefully an order will go through. Thanks for all your hard work. The shirts are great and the price is unbeatable- there's a reason you have so much business.

20. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Senior member

Ricky, I'm a fan whether I'm banned or not. [​IMG] Believe me, the reason I don't call or email is because I realize that orders get lost sometimes or take a long time sometimes. No worries.