• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

review of mytailor.com

mcolman

Reaction score
How is my tailor in comparison to Michael sahi at michaelscustom clothing in Sherman oaks CA? For my first MTM suit I went to Astor and Black but I wasn't happy with the quality on the basic lower end line which I paid 750 for. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The Louche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have four MyTailor shirts resulting from two appointments with M. Kenny, their traveling representative who seems to service the DC area. I am happy with the quality of the shirts but the fit is very poor. I have a good sense of how my shirts should fit and have been able to get perfectly fitting shirts supplying my own measurements to online MTM, and I tried to be vocal about what I wanted during both MyTailor fittings. The shirts are too big all around, even in basic spots like the collar (after my second fitting I actually emailed MyTailor customer service directly to decrease the collar measurement after I was told during the fitting that it was correct...it was half an inch too big and would bend when I tightened my tie knots all the way).

I would give them another try if I could get measured by Joe, but I've moved on.

Who are using as an alternative?

Ellis B

Reaction score
Placed my first order with mytaylor.com just now, a white herringbone cotton for my husband. I'm hoping that it will be nicely dress casual for hot Florida days. Thank you to styleforum.net for telling me about this service.

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea on where mytailor suits are made? There seems to be a Hong Kong connection, but even suits ordered from HK could be made elsewhere - any transparency on this?

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea on where mytailor suits are made? There seems to be a Hong Kong connection, but even suits ordered from HK could be made elsewhere - any transparency on this?
Hong Kong.

jdp234

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are the current starting prices for basic shirts, sport coats, and suits?

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SIR DO YOU RECOMMEND THEIR FULLY HANDMADE GARMENTS?
Please don't shout at me.

I don't think Hemrajani makes fully handmade garments, although they may do if you ask them to. I do recommend their bespoke service, as that is what I use. I think other people have had satisfactory results with their MTM offerings, too.

Arthur99

Reaction score

I don't think Hemrajani makes fully handmade garments, although they may do if you ask them to. I do recommend their bespoke service, as that is what I use. I think other people have had satisfactory results with their MTM offerings, too.
I see are their bespoke also made in Hong Kong?

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Andy, could you go into the differences between the bespoke and MTM options? This is the first time I've heard about this. I've read that the range of modifications you can make to their pattterns makes the MTM seem like bespoke but never knew they actually offerred a separate bespoke service.

Is the bespoke only offerred in person at their California offices or can it be done with any of their travelling tailors?

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Andy, could you go into the differences between the bespoke and MTM options? This is the first time I've heard about this. I've read that the range of modifications you can make to their pattterns makes the MTM seem like bespoke but never knew they actually offerred a separate bespoke service.

Is the bespoke only offerred in person at their California offices or can it be done with any of their travelling tailors?
Well, not really, as I've never used their MTM option. Based on what I've seen on their website, I suspect MTM is the bulk of their business and the default process. But I've only ever dealt with Joe (and Divij, who sometimes accompanies Joe). I see Joe when he visits San Jose. My clothes are cut to my personal or unique pattern, and all the details are specified by me (and change quite often!). I no longer have intermediate fittings as we nailed the fit long ago.

My best recommendation would be to contact Joe or Divij by email or by phone and ask them about their service offerings. I've always found them to be responsive.

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, not really, as I've never used their MTM option. Based on what I've seen on their website, I suspect MTM is the bulk of their business and the default process. But I've only ever dealt with Joe (and Divij, who sometimes accompanies Joe). I see Joe when he visits San Jose. My clothes are cut to my personal or unique pattern, and all the details are specified by me (and change quite often!). I no longer have intermediate fittings as we nailed the fit long ago.

My best recommendation would be to contact Joe or Divij by email or by phone and ask them about their service offerings. I've always found them to be responsive.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll definitely reach out to them.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll definitely reach out to them.
Good luck! If you decide to use them I hope it works out well. My experience has been uniformly positive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads