• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

return policy on M2M suits (before order sent)

lovelux2010

Reaction score
hi guys
sorry for another posting on this. long story short, i ordered a M2M from canali today. but after visiting zegna and reading a bit more on sf, i'm not satisfied with the level of detail (number of measurement mainly) that took place at the store.

i put a £575 deposit down today..
the canali factory is currently closed, so suit order has not been put in.

my question is..the receipt says "return policy: 7 day sfor any exchange or credit note"..
i'm assuming this means they have a no refund policy. i paid on my amex..

i'll call them monday to check but just wondering if anyone knows if i (or if i am not ) entitled to a refund..

frown.gif

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Not sure your concern of number of measurements is valid. Canali is a better fitting suit than Zegna IMO.

lovelux2010

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Despos
Not sure your concern of number of measurements is valid. Canali is a better fitting suit than Zegna IMO.

well..zegna sold me m2m as being a service where you are "measured" - chest, shoulders, height, etc etc

canali did not make one measuremnt on me, they just looked at the OTR suit on me.

anyways, order has'nt been sent to factory yet as its a weekend and factory closed til september..
so i'll see what they say

as far as canali is a better fitting suit, that just depends on your body type

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
The margin of error is the same with either method used. More measurements or none. You will get the best suit with the jacket silhouette that best fits to your body and the least need for adjusting. If the Canali styling and silhouette is closer to what you want, it will be better than a Zegna with 50 measurements. Attempting to change the Zegna silhouette to fit you better by using measurements is more risky.

Canali fits a broader variety of body types than most any other maker from what I have seen.

If you have other concerns like quality of cloth, price,etc. that is a different matter.

lovelux2010

Reaction score
The margin of error is the same with either method used. More measurements or none. You will get the best suit with the jacket silhouette that best fits to your body and the least need for adjusting. If the Canali styling and silhouette is closer to what you want, it will be better than a Zegna with 50 measurements. Attempting to change the Zegna silhouette to fit you better by using measurements is more risky.

Canali fits a broader variety of body types than most any other maker from what I have seen.

If you have other concerns like quality of cloth, price,etc. that is a different matter.

hi despos..
good point, i agree i should choose the best silhoutte and avoid major alterations that alter the suits character. i suppose just talking to zegna m2m guy made me feel like they were more thourough (measurements, meet with tailor, etc)..canali i did not have 1 measurment taken, nor did i meet with a tailor. they simply chose the best cut jacket for me with my input, and made alterations on sleeve lenght, lenghth of suit (they will adjust pockets to go up as well), and as when buttoned up it felt tight they are accounting for this in the m2m service (this is the only adjustment that separates it from OTR with tailoring)..
anyways...
maybe i'll get a better result at canali this way, than a zegna with 50 measurements, totally get what youre saying

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Question
Almost everyone has a low shoulder or one higher hip than the other. Did they consider this or discuss any posture issues with you?

lovelux2010

Reaction score
not originally.

but zegna mentioned this (cleverly as i told zegna salesperson i visited canali earlier and bought one). zegna person told me one shoulder was lower

when i went back to canali, the senior person looked at my shoulder, and said it wasn't breaking (in the mirror) either side..

i suppose i just did not feel confident that all things were considered like this, all the details, although the suit seemed to fit decent OTR.

at zegna, the sales person (and i do bear in mind hes a sales person and wants to move suits) said a tailor would analyze the suit, and the tailor had been with zegna 25 years..
so far at canali, a tailor has not viewed my suit and the order will be placed without a tailor viewiing it. so i'm just wondering if this is normal. felt like zegna had a much more thourough m2m process...but i guess one may argue canali fit well already

Despos

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
That Zegna leaves the process in the hands in of an experienced tailor/fitter counts for something. Is it correct that the Canali fits you better or as well than the Zegna?

Since they are both cutting/making from their block pattern, get the one that looks/fits the best to you and matches the look you want. After that do business with the person you are most confident with and think will service you best.

lovelux2010

Reaction score
That Zegna leaves the process in the hands in of an experienced tailor/fitter counts for something. Is it correct that the Canali fits you better or as well than the Zegna?

Since they are both cutting/making from their block pattern, get the one that looks/fits the best to you and matches the look you want. After that do business with the person you are most confident with and think will service you best.

yes..
good call. well at canali i did'nt have access to the tailor, which personally, i feel is a big disadvantage compared to zegna.

i did not try any zegna suits on as i had already paid the deposit on the canali..i did'nt want to regret my canali purchase if the zegna fit well!

anyways..not sure if i'm allowed to get a refund..if so i would go back to zegna and see how they fit and speak to the tailor

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lovelux2010
yes..

i did not try any zegna suits on as i had already paid the deposit on the canali..i did'nt want to regret my canali purchase if the zegna fit well!

anyways..not sure if i'm allowed to get a refund..if so i would go back to zegna and see how they fit and speak to the tailor

No point worrying if you haven't even tried the Zegna. It may not even work for you.

Doesn't the UK have some pretty serious consumer protection laws?

lovelux2010

Reaction score
yes the UK does have protection laws..
but this situation is unique..its for a M2M..
order has not been placed though...and wont be till september as factory is closed.
i also used my amex..and they're usually darn good at helping resolve these types of matters

lovelux2010

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nicola
No point worrying if you haven't even tried the Zegna. It may not even work for you.

Doesn't the UK have some pretty serious consumer protection laws?

i'm just dissapointed as i do not feel i am getting a true M2M service..not even one measurement was taken..so i dont get how thats M2M.

anyways suppose its consumer beware..
also i need to contact the retailer as i've yet to express that i want a refund.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lovelux2010
i'm just dissapointed as i do not feel i am getting a true M2M service..not even one measurement was taken..so i dont get how thats M2M.

anyways suppose its consumer beware..
also i need to contact the retailer as i've yet to express that i want a refund.

I'd be concerned, too, if I were you. It's hard for me to believe it's M2M if no measurements were taken. Good luck with getting this sorted out.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have entered a contract - honour it and cease moaning. If you have any residual concerns go back and get rechecked but realise that you signed up and were under no pressure to do so.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doesn't the UK have cooling off period for consumer contracts?

Not to mention if you aren't happy now odds are you won't be happy later. A smart shop will give you your money back so they don't have to deal with you later.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads