• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Regarding fit of J.Crew sweaters.

Josteinbk

Reaction score
Hi!

J.Crew just started shipping internationally, which gives me a chance to purchase their products. However, shopping online is never easy, and I seem to face the same problem over and over again; how does the item fit? Living in Norway, I cannot call, and I cannot visit a store to try on the sweaters. Therefore, I ask you.

I am 6ft3in tall (192 cm), with a chest size of 41.5 inches (105 cm), waist 35.5 inches (91) cm, arm length (back of the neck to wrist) 36 inches (92 cm). I weigh 84 kg.

According to the size chart, this would place me in the upper range of "Tall" medium and bottom range of "Tall" large, which is not very helpful to me.

I wear a medium in Polo Ralph Lauren, but their lambswool v-neck sweaters tend to run a little short in both general length and arm length, but the width is perfect.

I am 18 years old and I like my sweaters quite snug, which makes me hesitant to purchase large, but my biggest fear when purchasing clothes is too short sleeves.

This leads me to my question: Is there anyone with a similar build to me who could give me advice on which size I should go for? Should I perhaps go for "Regular" instead of "Tall"? (If you aren't my build but think you could be of any help, please feel free to answer too!)

Mike Ross

Reaction score
I'm 6'2, ~34.5 sleeve length, and have a 38 inch chest, and have a J. Crew sweater in a medium that I think fits fairly well, but could be slightly slimmer and longer. I think you're probably between medium tall and large tall, but with your preference for snug sweaters, I'd give the medium tall a try.

rm007

Reaction score
I'm 6'2, ~34.5 sleeve length, and have a 38 inch chest, and have a J. Crew sweater in a medium that I think fits fairly well, but could be slightly slimmer and longer. I think you're probably between medium tall and large tall, but with your preference for snug sweaters, I'd give the medium tall a try.
Agree, medium at best.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads