• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Redskins' Sean Taylor Shot in his Home- in Critical Condition

76classic

Reaction score
Taken from hiphop-directory.com:

Mos Def's "The **** Over," which uses the instrumental from Jay-Z's "Take Over" has reportedly been pulled from future pressings of The New Danger. Though there's no official word on the track's removal, Mos comments about, "quasi homosexuals" and a "tall Israeli running this rap sh!t" are believed to have caused the controversy. The latter reference is suspected to be a stab at former Def Jam honcho turned Atlantic Records boss, Lyor Cohen.

Lyric:

Listen
Old white men is runnin this rap ****
Corporate force's runnin this rap ****
Some tall Israeli is runnin this rap ****
We poke out our asses for a chance to cash in
Cocaine, is runnin this rap ****
Dro, 'yac and E-pills is runnin this rap ****

Wow. Mos Def speaks some truth and gets the hook because of so called "controversy", but these record companies are quick to sign the next C Dub to make the company some money. Forget that they are talking about killing, drug selling, and rampant unsafe sex. Funny how they look the other way to THESE controversial subject matters.

Life is so precious. I wish we can turn this thing around. A 24 year old African American man is another statistic in the books for being murdered and 4 more young black males can be added to the general population in jail.

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
Maybe C-Dub can release some new tracks when he gets out of jail, like #15. "Don't Drop the Soap" and #16. "Vaseline Makes it Hurt less and Prevents Bleeding" and #17. "It's Only **** if You're a Bottom"

get out? What planet are you on? These phuckers are toast. 2 confessions. probably left their prints. and they are in Florida, the home of the death penalty (only behind Texas). Granted, it sounds like the prosecutors are not going to put them on death row, but felony murder is a LIFE SENTENCE. These bitches ain't gonna taste a real steak, update their myspace ****, **** a real woman, drink a beer, drive their '64 Impala, or get replacement grilles ever again. Perhaps a better track is #19 "I didn;t give it up willingly" or #20, "If you close yo eyes, da pain goes away".

DUMB ASS MOTHERFUCKERS.

Queueball

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 76classic
You know this is really sad. Hey, mainstream America cosigns trash like this. Why else is Lil Wayne considered as one of GQ's Men of the Year?! Umm, what has he done again for that recognition. Songs of the year include Crank That and Wipe Me Down, while they dismiss Common's album as disappointment. Why, because uses complete sentences and makes songs you can actually understand? Somewhere, kids like this think it's cool to posture in a negative manner. Let's be honest though, GQ, VH-1, MTV, etc are companies not owned by Us that give Lil Wayne, Lil Webbie, Lil So & So that give ignorance a stage to perform on.

+1

This is an American and HUMAN problem. It seems to manifest itself in young black males but we all have a hand in it, somehow, someway. As a society we have to figure out the answer. It's not good enough to label this as a "black problem" (not suggesting anyone here is but a lot of people do). FWIW, I'm white and 42 and a lifelong Redskins fan.

These killers are kids. Yes, they're old enough to know better. I doubt they went there with the intention of killing him. But, nonetheless, that's what happened and they have to live with the consequences of their actions and the thug life they seemed to embrace. Still, how many of us are the same person now that we were when we were seventeen years old. We've matured, we're wiser. Hopefully more patient, objective and smarter. Many of the postings in this thread are a testament to that.

Who knows how these kids were raised? What were their circumstances? Both parents in the house? Did they care and show attention? Did they come from the mean streets? I don't know. I do know, however, that the instant gratification that we are all exposed to every day, the materialism of our society, has a strong affect on everyone (note the negative savings rate of Americans) and most assuredly impacts the impressionable young more.

I am not a bleeding heart, nor am I showing support for the killers. These guys can rot in hell for all I care, as should anyone who kills like this. I am merely pointing out that society should look at this through a holistic lens and see all of the influential factors, and avoid the myopic view of "some thug teenagers killed someone."

If you hate seeing this type of violence. Do something about it. Mentor a kid. Speak at your local school. Coach a sport. Give money or time to a charity. Reach out. DO SOMETHING!

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Latest news:

FORT MYERS, Florida (CNN) -- A fourth man arrested in the shooting death of Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor appeared before a judge via video phone Sunday.

Jason Scott Mitchell, 19, like the other men charged in the NFL star's death, faces charges of felony first-degree murder, burglary with a firearm and home invasion robbery while armed, according to court documents.

Mitchell's lawyer, Sawyer Smith, said his client "looked shocked."

Mitchell initially waived his right to speak with an attorney and confessed to taking part in a robbery of Taylor's house, according to an affidavit.

Mitchell allegedly told police a gun was used in the robbery, but the court document did not identify a shooter.

The Redskins lost Sunday, 17-16, to the Buffalo Bills at home. It was the Redskins' first game since Taylor's death Tuesday, and the team wore Taylor's No. 21 on their helmets and jerseys. The Bills also wore No. 21 on their helmets.

The Redskins also observed a pre-game moment of silence and displayed the slain player's number in the east end zone at FedExField. Fans received towels bearing the No. 21.

A funeral is planned Monday at Florida International University in Miami.

Police said last week they don't think Taylor's alleged killers planned to murder him, but the charge of felony first-degree murder applies if someone is killed, even accidentally, during the commission of certain felonies.

Eric Rivera Jr., 17, Venjah K. Hunte, 20, and Charles Kendrick Lee Wardlow, 18, appeared in court Saturday. Mitchell was processed too late to appear in court Saturday, officials said. All four suspects have been denied bond.

The suspects could be transported sometime Sunday to Miami, where they will be formally charged, for a first appearance hearing, Wardlow's lawyer, John Evans said.

Rivera appeared in a courtroom in Fort Myers, Florida, while Hunte and Wardlow appeared via video phone from jail.

Police have more than one confession in the case, according to Robert Parker, director of the Miami-Dade Police Department.

Rivera's attorney, Wilbur Smith, said Saturday he "had been led to believe" that his client confessed, but wasn't sure after speaking to Rivera.

Asked about news reports alleging Rivera was the shooter, Smith said that he was aware of the stories, but that he had "not talked enough to Eric to find that out."

"The brief probable cause statement that we received did not indicate who was the shooter," he said.

Smith described his client as "stunned." Asked whether he showed any remorse, Smith said, "Oh yeah, you could see that in his eyes."

Evans said that despite a court affidavit alleging that his client confessed, he has not seen a transcript or heard any tape "about any confession from any of the four people who are currently charged."

The four men were expecting to find an unoccupied home, "so murder or shooting someone was not their initial motive," Parker said.

"They were certainly not looking to go there and kill anyone," he said. "Their obvious motive was to go there and steal the contents of the house."

The men knew Taylor lived at the house, said Parker, who added that additional arrests were possible.

A police official said officers are investigating whether one or more of the suspects knew members of Taylor's family.

Taylor was home unexpectedly because of an injury, his former attorney, Richard Sharpstein, told reporters Tuesday. "I think he was surprised, or they were surprised to find him there," he said.

Taylor was regarded as one of the hardest-hitting players in the league. During his brief career, Taylor recorded 257 tackles, two sacks and seven interceptions."

So the police said that they "don't think Taylor's alleged killers planned to murder him". Hmmmm... is it really the police's job to defend these thugs? Is it the police's job to predict intent? Interesting... I thought that was the Public Defender's job?

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
This is probably one of the better articles I even seen written on Taylor, especially in regards to those who considered him to be a thug. http://openmike.msnbc.msn.com/archiv...28/484028.aspx
That's a good article - very measured and reasoned. Makes a lot of sense. Did you see Wilbon squirming in the hot seat on Redskin's Live this past weekend - trying to defend and play down his knee-jerk reaction to the shooting?

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a good article - very measured and reasoned. Makes a lot of sense. Did you see Wilbon squirming in the hot seat on Redskin's Live this past weekend - trying to defend and play down his knee-jerk reaction to the shooting?
No,

I missed it, maybe I can find a videofeed, because I would definately love to see it.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LaVar Arrington gave a very moving eulogy:

When I talked to Mr. Taylor and he said he wanted me to say a couple of words it really meant a lot to me. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family.

This situation is very hard and what it has done for me is help me to realize that you can't take your friends and family and your loved ones for granted, thinking they are going to be here for longer than you can imagine or anticipate.

I am guilty for moving on when something happens, whether it be my situation changing teams or different things that have come up in my life. I am guilty of moving on and I don't really look back. And this situation has forced me to face those issues that sometimes you really don't want to face. You want to imagine that all your boys and all your loved ones are OK and everything is gonna be what its going to be. You watch them and you love them and you admire them from afar and I am just glad that Mr. Taylor has given me this opportunity to say, 'Sean, I love you as my brother. I love you as my friend.' The rest of my fellas and my teammates that I never had the opportunity or took advantage of the opportunity to let you guys know how much I love and care about you guys, this is the time to do it. And this is a great starting point for me, and I am going to miss him with all my heart and I love him. I thought when he came to the Redskins I was his guardian angel, and with the way events went, as God would have it, he turned out to be one of mine. So today, my heart is broken, I'll get through it, we will all get through it. But I know that he was one of my guardian angels and he was there for me. We went through the fire and back together. The rest of us went through the fire and back together, and this just serves as a period for us to really reflect on how much we really love one another and how much we appreciate one another. Thank you, everyone.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by retronotmetro
I think many agents simply leave such matters to the players' own wisdom. From the couple of sports law conferences I have attended, some agents seem pretty coldly arms-length with their clients. Not a lot of hugs in the hallway after the players make game-winning TD catches.

I'm sure you're right. There are plenty of people in various professions who do half-assed jobs for their clients.

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dirk diggler
get out? What planet are you on? These phuckers are toast. 2 confessions. probably left their prints. and they are in Florida, the home of the death penalty (only behind Texas). Granted, it sounds like the prosecutors are not going to put them on death row, but felony murder is a LIFE SENTENCE. These bitches ain't gonna taste a real steak, update their myspace ****, **** a real woman, drink a beer, drive their '64 Impala, or get replacement grilles ever again. Perhaps a better track is #19 "I didn;t give it up willingly" or #20, "If you close yo eyes, da pain goes away".

DUMB ASS MOTHERFUCKERS.

UPDATE: now these dumb asses are on suicide watch. http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/law/12/04...cts/index.html

what punk ass bitches. If you are man enough to do the crime, than stand up straight, and assume the position cause you are getting phucked ********** raw dog tonite ! Track #21 "manhood taken, I ain't fakin'"

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Track #22, "Yo Dawg, My A$$ Won't Stop Bleeding"

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well, to bring this back to style and fashion, here is what the dumb ***** wore to court.

http://www.securingcosmos.com/shopexd.asp?id=3494

Notice the easy opening vis-a-vis the velcro straps - backdoor access
bounce2.gif

Track #23 - "Bite the pillow, *****"

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
redskins25cc5cc3jc0.jpg

I just noticed that all the killers' MySpace pages and pictures on their friends/relative pages (links and pictures posted earlier in this thread) have been removed from MySpace...

Track #24 - "Dawg, You're My ***** Now"

dirk diggler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lbd057260a85d95990fa926aj3.jpg

short little ******. DOes he know the hell he is in for over the next 60+ years being raped on a daily basis? Does he know that Taylor's teammates can buy a **** attack for almost nothing by giving cash to another inmate's family?

Track #26 - "Please don't tell Mommy that my asshole is the size of a silver dollar now"

Track #27 - "Blood is pimp lube"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads