• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

Captain Insano

Reaction score
The nitrile cork IR sole is a comfortable sole, in my opinion, more comfortable than the leather soles i have on 7 other shoes I own... But the Red Wing wedge sole is more comfortable than the IR nitrile cork sole IMHO.

Last edited:

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never felt like my rangers look/feel narrow, but I'm a size 8 so there's not much toe and cap length to make it seem narrow. But my buddy that wears like a size 12 they do seem narrow! But we both wear not tight, but snug jeans so it's fine. It's balanced. So do they feel narrow in an uncomfortable way? If so, then def don't buy them. But if it's just the appearance, I say give em a try. I almost returned my engineers bc I couldn't get over how narrow and almost petite I thought they made my feet look lol. But, I found a perfect pair of jeans and stuck with them and got used to the look and now they are the most complimented pair I have! I went through the same deal with my ice cutters and the look of the heavy lug outsole. I thought they looked comical, but right pair of jeans does wonders. Also, linufelt, if you're looking for a wider need have you looked at red wings Munson boot? They're elusive but I own a pair and they are perfectly wide! They might just be the ticket for you..

Thanks, I do like the Munson shape, but at this point I am boot rich and cash poor, so no new ones until I wear out a pair...

buzzlulu

Reaction score
I have 2 pair of doc toes - 1 plain toe boot (6") - and 2 Chukka's
I consider my size to be 91/2 (although I take a 10 in Nike sneakers)
I size down for RW Moc toes and plain toe boots (9) while I stay true to size with the Chukka (91/2)

I remember the first time I tried a Chukka and sized 1/2 down as I do with my other Red Wings. I could not get my foot into the boot as the opening was too tight.

I hope this helps

chancecody34

Reaction score

Does anyone know what brand/style of boots these are?? I'm absolutely in love with them and I can't find them for the life of me. Any help would be great
1f60a.png

Friday

Reaction score
I have 2 pair of doc toes - 1 plain toe boot (6") - and 2 Chukka's
I consider my size to be 91/2 (although I take a 10 in Nike sneakers)
I size down for RW Moc toes and plain toe boots (9) while I stay true to size with the Chukka (91/2)

I remember the first time I tried a Chukka and sized 1/2 down as I do with my other Red Wings. I could not get my foot into the boot as the opening was too tight.

I hope this helps

This helps quite a bit, thank you!

chancecody34

Reaction score

Hard to tell. They resemble the RW Weekender but have too many eyelets or the RW classic round with a thin/worn sole.

I would guess it is neither, it is not a RW boot.
http://www.redwingheritage.com/us/U...;sid=ShtizrFhjzRlzuZUSkUyqqXN0Sx72SpWUwz5-ah2

Yeah I looked at the RWs previously and although they do look similar they're not the same. The soles on this boot are thinner than RWs:/. Would I like to get the exact pair? Yes, but I will most likely have to compromise and get something that closely resembles these.

Whirling

Reaction score

This helps quite a bit, thank you!

This might be too late, but I thought I would second that the Chukkas and other Red Wings on 210 last are TTS. It wouldn't be crazy to even go a half size over TTS...of course, this depends on how accurately your size has been measured on a Brannock device, how wide your feet are, and what kind of socks you'll be wearing with them. I would say go with whatever size works best for you in standard athletic shoes, assuming you'll wear the Red Wings with similar socks.

Of course, if you buy them from a Red Wing Store or Nordstrom, you can bring them back if you don't find them comfortable.

Whirling

Reaction score
@Captain i

I will be interested to hear what you think of your 877s. I understand they don't have heel counters. Do they feel supportive and stable to you? Do your ankles move around?

I just ordered some 10877s from my local Red Wing Store, as they are available in a B width, among many other widths.

Captain Insano

Reaction score
So far I have worn them twice for many hours and they started to blister the back of my heel, my IRs, 8181s, Brogue Rangers, and postman oxfords have all done this until broken in. I wear 9.5D in all of the RWs I mentioned.

Next time I wear them I will try to determine if my heel is moving around more or less than my other RWs and let ya know. So far theyou do feel pretty stable, I can definitely tell the boot is taller and supports above my ankle more.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads