• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

Rightyow77

Reaction score
My 9111 are super comfortable! I had a pair of the Iron Ranger in a mens 7 and had to send them back because they were just way too big. Wish they made it in a smaller size since they run big to begin with.

kstyle

Reaction score
ive had these Wabasha's for about 2 years, absolutely love the look of them, quality is not that great though...

6799097629_6abf158dfc_b.jpg

hyt123

Reaction score
hey guys, are the 3144 chukkas leather? some places say its mojave sage leather and some say its suede. and how does sizing run on these?

I briefly had these in "oro-iginal" color but sent them back because I didn't like the color. Anyway, they fit fine just like my other RW boots; I follow the usual recommendation of sizing down half.

Aneil4lom

Reaction score
They look nice and I think will get better with age. Get them.
They sure do. My dad works in the PetroChemical industry and gets 3 pairs of these boots every year from work. He basically has more than he could use and I usually end up with some of them.
Recently, I cleaned up a couple old pairs that I found in the garage and they look amazing!

adamdurbin

Reaction score

My RW 213's. I hit them (extremely sparingly) with one coat when I first got them of a mink oil cream by Tana, and haven't touched them since. The mink oil must have done something because there is only minor mottling that you see on other pull-up leathers - the color is even. They still look pretty much brand new, except that they're completely broken in. I've worn these pretty much solidly for 2 months now, and I walk a LOT. There's barely any wrinkles in the uppers, and they've become (much to my surprise) my most comfortable pair of boots/shoes.

I love these. Kudos to RW for making indestructable boots.

Last edited:

Vulpes Vulpes

Reaction score

hey guys, are the 3144 chukkas leather? some places say its mojave sage leather and some say its suede.  and how does sizing run on these?

These run TTS. Believe me, I bought a pair a half size down and was in agony. When I re-bought the pair (I know, right?) at my regular size they still fit a little snug, though they should break in to a good fit.

redwinglover

Reaction score
the chukkas have a strange last. they have a very snug toebox. Despite my narrow feet, I had to take half a number bigger than my 875

Vulpes Vulpes

Reaction score

do they stretch out and shape to your foot like clarks dbs?

Not really. I mean, all shoes will do that eventually. Desert boots are unstructured & unlined and so break in really quickly. These are definitely 'structured' - the toe box is reinforced, you couldn't squash it down with your thumb.

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cleaned up my Red Wing for J Crew 2904 boots:

1. Leather cream
2. Kiwi cordovan wax on the toe

I think you're supposed to use mink oil on the "Copper Rough & Tough", but whatever.

And worn:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads