• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

linds_15

Reaction score

Go for the Wings! They'll be fine in snow and slush.

as an owner of 3 pairs of each brand id definitely say to go with the wings. id head to get outside and try on some different pairs, try and find a pair with the same last for sizing, if getoutside fails little burgundy and uncle otis both also have a little selection you could try to try a pair on at

MrMoonbeam

Reaction score
Wow - I'd love to get my hands on those beauties, but they are definately out of my price range.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

just got rid of a pair on ebay
picked them up as a "salesman's sample" but they were crazy small.
I take a 7 in most RWs and these were a 6........gave 'em a shot but they were hella small...........
They were pretty cool. Dunno if they fit the guy who picked them up from me........ if so, he may be the only one on earth w/ a pair as I see no sign of them ever really being released

Culver City Red Wing says they can order them, should fit the same as the 9011.

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow - I'd love to get my hands on those beauties, but they are definately out of my price range.
Seriously, since when are Red Wings 400 bucks? Insane. Bison leather is not a $100 up charge; neither is regular tan leather with a vibram lug sole. For $400, I would want a custom makeup from Red Wing. And they need a dress last, like Viberg - something with a sleek toe box.

Mercuryman76

Reaction score

Seriously, since when are Red Wings 400 bucks? Insane. Bison leather is not a $100 up charge; neither is regular tan leather with a vibram lug sole.
For $400, I would want a custom makeup from Red Wing.
And they need a dress last, like Viberg - something with a sleek toe box.

blame drizzy drake for blowin them up!

Noctix

Reaction score
Any 9012 owners care to show some pics of a worn out/broken in pair?

I've had a pair of 9012 in chestnut but mainly worn by my bro. Thinking of getting a 875 for myself but the color looks quite similar to 9012.

Therefore wondering if over time how does the color differs.

Last edited:

Noctix

Reaction score
Ic.thanks.

Cause the recommended products are leather cleaner and mink oil. When I asked the sales staff at a local store,they advised to avoid mink oil & wax/cream based product (like obenauf) if want to preserve the original color..

Will give it a try.

Roguls

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The 9030/9029 doesn't say "BB exclusive" in the description, but I have no idea of who else sells them....I feel like 360$ is steep compared to the rest of the Beckman line.

They are showing up on ebay here and there.

Maybe David Z in NY as well. Also check Dave's NY. I have to see these in person - at that price, why wouldn't you get a real Indy Boot from somewhere?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads