Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Wupper, Jan 31, 2008.

1. Astronaut888

Astronaut888 Senior member

just got rid of a pair on ebay picked them up as a "salesman's sample" but they were crazy small. I take a 7 in most RWs and these were a 6........gave 'em a shot but they were hella small........... They were pretty cool. Dunno if they fit the guy who picked them up from me........ if so, he may be the only one on earth w/ a pair as I see no sign of them ever really being released

2. gasoline

gasoline Senior member

Actually I called my local RW store and they're sending a few pairs to the store for me to try on. Stoked.

3. gasoline

gasoline Senior member

The only thing I don't dig is the lug sole on what is otherwise RW's dressiest boot. Anyone know if this type of sole wears down to not be so luggy?

4. linds_15

linds_15 Senior member

getoutside shoes has a pretty good sale on some styles of red wings, worth checking out

5. Ritchee

Ritchee Senior member

6. gasoline

gasoline Senior member

Does anyone have experience with Sherman Shoes? The thing that concerns me is the pic on the site is a rip from Red Wing's site and they didn't even get the name right, it's "Beckman" not "Beakman". I emailed the store and they aren't able to send me pics of either the 9029 or 9030.

The last info is available for all the boots here: http://www.redwingheritage.com/boots

224 is basically the Beckman last, you should be able to find at least one of the 224 last styles at a local shop to try on.

7. 7_rocket

7_rocket Senior member

Sizes are all over the place unfortunately

8. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Anyone?

9. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Just call a red wing store and ask their advice. In my experience the stores are knowledgeable and good about that kind of thing. If that doesn't work send them in (but try to learn what they did so you can do it yourself next time.)

10. McCurry

McCurry Senior member

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  11. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

I tried a pair at Nordstrrom a few months ago. I believe a half size down from my dress shoe size fit fine. Personally I prefer the tan suede version of this chukka ( http://jakedavis.typepad.com/jakedavis/2009/04/retail-therapy-red-wing-wabasha-chukka.html ), but $139 seems like a nice deal for the three models available via that link.

12. replicat0r

replicat0r Well-Known Member

what about these ??

[​IMG]

its the heritage 214. I am a complete newbie when it comes to buying boots/shoes. Its my very first pair and i want to get into the world of shoes as I have always been fairly careless with my footwear.

13. replicat0r

replicat0r Well-Known Member

well.. i wanted to know if the style is good? I kinda like it. but i guess i got my answer

how well does it stand up against all the snow slush and salt?

also they exceedingly hard to find even for normal size here in toronto. My feet are 13 if i buy Nike/addidas. The largest one i can find in retail is a 12.. and i hear they are true to size so if i special order one then its final sale. but its much easier to find a pair of timberland

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

which are about $220 after tax vs $340 redwings.

what should i do?