Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Wupper, Jan 31, 2008.

1. stevent

stevent Senior member

2. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

How are they? It looks like the sole isn't vibram?

3. Harbin

Harbin Senior member

i think the toe shape is more meant for a boot, for an oxford i'd prefer a slimmer looking toebox

4. afuadha

afuadha New Member

hi all.
    wanna ask something. does redwing doesnt ship their products to asia? im exactly in indonesia and willing to have those 3140, but when i check the estimate shipping cost, i couldnt found my country.
    also about sizing, i ussuallnya take 11 us on my chuck, so 10 us would be great isnt?

5. tsekh

tsekh Senior member

I guess this the model that the new 213 is based on?

6. LazyPig

LazyPig Member

Couldn't resist the sale on at Caliroots. Red Wing 3140 Chukkas. Sizing is a bit odd for me, I am sure it has been covered in other posts. I only sized down 0.5 and they fit the same as my 8131, which were sized down 1. Much more comfortable compared to 8131 - as these come with soft insoles, not leather ones.

[​IMG]

7. wakawaka

wakawaka Well-Known Member

Hello everyone.

I need assistance of fstyle forum's Red Wing fellowship. I live in Poland and am about to buy my very first pair of Red Wings - 875s or 877s - and simply put, I have no idea what size to choose. I cannot go to a store and talk with a Red Wing expert who would tell me the exact size I need - I have to count on your advices, dear community. My foot is 26.5 cm long, which is roughly 10.5 in. I usually wear size 8.5, or 41EU. So far I am aware that both 875s and 877s run large, so I should size down at least half a size. In my case that would be picking size 8 - or even 7.5. Would I be safe ordering 7.5 of 877s (875s)? Wouldn't size 7.5 be too tight? I've already asked customer service in about three online shops about the right size of styles mentioned above, however no one was able to help me. Thus I decided to post my conundrum here...

Your thorough assistance would be appreciated, as I will have virtually no options of returning shoes to US for a different size, and these boots will cost me about... well... about my entire monthly salary :). Surely there must be guys here that have same foot size as I do - what is you experience with 875s and 877s? Please, share it here.

8. meso

meso Senior member

Kind of have a hankering for a pair of red wing 9013s in chestnut, if anyone has a pair in 10 they're looking to dump.

9. CEE88

CEE88 Senior member

Picked up the round-toe boot in oiled Muleskinner dark brown suede from j.crew today. It was on sale plus they have a promo code (loveit) that gives you an extra 30% off sale items. Ended up getting them for $150 - nice deal. Several Red Wings' models are part of the sale.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012

10. jet

jet Persian Bro

Here's some assistance, don't.

11. OneBeLo

OneBeLo Senior member

I was able to get the moc-tie version for pretty cheap from J.Cew a while back and man, what a beautiful color. I like it even better than the cigar color. Hope you get them!