• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Red face.

xghostsniperx

Reaction score
Hey guys--

I've had a red/pink tint to my face since about age 15 because of my acne medicine. My face is pretty clear now, but I still have to keep using the medicine since it will probably come back.

Does anyone know how to decrease the redness a bit?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mild rosacea, sounds like. You can use concealer or, alternatively, get surgery to zap the blood vessels that cause the redness. At least I think they're blood vessels.

apocalypse later

Reaction score
I doubt it is rosacea. I'm on Tazorac for my acne, and my face has a slightly pinkish tint now too. My derm said it goes away about a month after you're off the meds.

Chances are, by age 18 or 19, your acne will be pretty much wearing off and maybe you can stop your treatment.

mikej77

Reaction score
There is also a cream called Atopalm MLE that is useful in getting rid of some of the redness. I have very sensitive skin and used prescription acne meds in my late teens. I don't use them any more but really have to stick with certain products that do not cause my skin to get irritated. Also, make sure you use some type of SPF protection on your face because the sun can make it worse.

paper clip

Reaction score
not sure if its the same, but I am fair skinned irish and had reddish cheeks that would sometimes itch and peel and look like hell - Dr. said it was sceborrheic dermatitis (sp?) and not rosacea, as I had thought.

She gave me some ketoconazole cream to use on my face and that leared it right up. Later she changed the script to ketoconazole shampoo which completely took away my dandruff as well. I'm all good now! YMMV

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads