• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Record price for second-hand shoes

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I wonder, is this an all-time record for shoes?

!Bmf9edQ!Wk~$(KGrHqMH-DkEtrWUsdJwBLfweqmcrw~~_3.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Those shoes fetched 1,750 USD.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps they thought they were bidding in Pesos?

Ridiculous price.

H2T

Reaction score
Might be worth investigating why Nikolaus Tuczek is suddenly the rage.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If I recall correctly, a forum member had an IC on these not that long ago.. I think it was in the "Other" section, but damn... this is just ridiculous...

glenjay

Reaction score
I simply don't understand buying someone else's bespoke shoes at any price.

RTW shoes are made to fit a general size like US 11.5D. Bespoke shoes are made to fit a specific person's feet.

I already knew that my left foot was slightly longer than my right foot (this is rather common), but I didn't know my right foot was thicker than my left foot, until it was measured for my own pair of bespoke shoes.

Buying someone else's bespoke shoes is pretty much a guarantee they will not fit. Who in their right mind would do that? Let alone pay MTM or bespoke prices for them.

They should buy a pair of Stacy Adams for $50, at least they could wear them for a month, and save $1700.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
Well this 2nd-hand cintage 1963 Huntsman covert coat is at USD$1,200 with more than a day to go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-bespoke-...:B:SHOP:US:101

Looks like a bidding war between 3 people (idiots) to me.

I wouldnt trust this from a guy whose bedroom looks like that (especially with the coffee cup on his inventory ON the bed)
facepalm.gif

Orgetorix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
Well this 2nd-hand cintage 1963 Huntsman covert coat is at USD$1,200 with more than a day to go. http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-bespoke-...:B:SHOP:US:101 Looks like a bidding war between 3 people (idiots) to me.
With moth damage, no less! Amazing. Mr. Wooster usually sells nice stuff and lists it well, but that's just nuts.
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
I wouldnt trust this from a guy whose bedroom looks like that (especially with the coffee cup on his inventory ON the bed)
facepalm.gif

That's Wooster's schtick. It's part of the charm of his auctions, I guess. His items usually fetch fairly high prices.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads