• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommendations for chino pants, T-shirts and low top sneakers "casual wear"

Kernel

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm looking for chino pants, T-shirts and low top sneakers for casual wear. The range for chino and sneakers are about 250$ and 100$ for T-shirt.
I have searched for different brands but I have no experience with them such as Palzileri, Falconeri, Larusmiani, Luca Falon and Pini Parma.
For sneakers I saw Velasca and they look good but also I have no experience about them.

So could you please recommend some out of them or other brands if possible?

regards

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm looking for chino pants, T-shirts and low top sneakers for casual wear. The range for chino and sneakers are about 250$ and 100$ for T-shirt.
I have searched for different brands but I have no experience with them such as Palzileri, Falconeri, Larusmiani, Luca Falon and Pini Parma.
For sneakers I saw Velasca and they look good but also I have no experience about them.

So could you please recommend some out of them or other brands if possible?

regards

someone may be able to chime in, but I think if you post this in the “streetwear and denim” sub forum you might get a few more hits. Good luck.

maxalex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Am I the only person who thinks a $100 t-shirt, like a $5 cup of coffee, is a sign of the decline, if not fall, of Western civilization? I wear bespoke tailored clothes—I’m not a menswear tightwad.

Spend more of your budget on sneakers and quality chinos, less on t-shirts.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There are different types of chinos. From the brands you mentioned, it sounds like you want a dressier type. If you want a pair of smart-looking chinos, try Rota. There are two forum sponsors who sell them: No Man Walks Alone and The Armoury. Note that, while you can find Rota trousers in other places, they may not always be the same cut. Rota is a big factory with many paper patterns.

For the types of t-shirts you can wear with Rota's cotton trousers, try Sunspel.

I also wear Orlebar Brown's t-shirts. However, it's worth considering the weight and construction of higher-end t-shirts. Many are made from a more delicate cotton and collar. They can sometimes require some more care when washing and wearing. I think Orlebar Brown makes some nice t-shirts, but the collar gets stretched out easily. If you reinforce the collar, such as you would with 3sixteen's t-shirts, then it becomes closer to a workwear garment. It's a balance.

Finally, for shoes, I would just go with a pair of Common Projects Achilles. There are many brands that make similar looking shoes, if you want a more affordable option. You can also try Gustin.

Kernel

Reaction score
someone may be able to chime in, but I think if you post this in the “streetwear and denim” sub forum you might get a few more hits. Good luck.
I thought members in streetwear and denim section will not have experience with chino pants
RRL has all of those within your price range. High quality.

Thanks for advice but I don't like RRL chino style

Am I the only person who thinks a $100 t-shirt, like a $5 cup of coffee, is a sign of the decline, if not fall, of Western civilization? I wear bespoke tailored clothes—I’m not a menswear tightwad.

Spend more of your budget on sneakers and quality chinos, less on t-shirts.
You alright mate but it's hard to find t-shirt under 50$ which is sustainable. could you please share us which brand do you use?

There are different types of chinos. From the brands you mentioned, it sounds like you want a dressier type. If you want a pair of smart-looking chinos, try Rota. There are two forum sponsors who sell them: No Man Walks Alone and The Armoury. Note that, while you can find Rota trousers in other places, they may not always be the same cut. Rota is a big factory with many paper patterns.

For the types of t-shirts you can wear with Rota's cotton trousers, try Sunspel.

I also wear Orlebar Brown's t-shirts. However, it's worth considering the weight and construction of higher-end t-shirts. Many are made from a more delicate cotton and collar. They can sometimes require some more care when washing and wearing. I think Orlebar Brown makes some nice t-shirts, but the collar gets stretched out easily. If you reinforce the collar, such as you would with 3sixteen's t-shirts, then it becomes closer to a workwear garment. It's a balance.

Finally, for shoes, I would just go with a pair of Common Projects Achilles. There are many brands that make similar looking shoes, if you want a more affordable option. You can also try Gustin.
Yes I'm looking for chino that is more formal than joggers, cargo pants and jeans.

So do you recommend buying Rota from their website rather than the retailers?

I looked to Sunspel they seems good. but what do you prefer Orlebar or Sunspel?

For shoes I see that buying leather shoes for around 200 then buy a new pair 2 years later better than buy one pair for +450$. I think it's hard to take care of shoes. This is my opinion :d

maxalex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You alright mate but it's hard to find t-shirt under 50$ which is sustainable. could you please share us which brand do you use?
I only wear t-shirts as undershirts in winter, never as an outer shirt. For years I bought Ribbed Tee but they have gone **** up, as they say.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So do you recommend buying Rota from their website rather than the retailers?

I looked to Sunspel they seems good. but what do you prefer Orlebar or Sunspel?

For shoes I see that buying leather shoes for around 200 then buy a new pair 2 years later better than buy one pair for +450$. I think it's hard to take care of shoes. This is my opinion :d

If you're in the US, I recommend buying Rota from No Man Walks Alone or The Armoury. Their models have good paper patterns. I don't know what Rotas are like at other stores.

Sunspel and OB just make finer, nicer t-shirts than what you'll get from Hanes or J. Crew. They work better with Rota-type chinos.

Common Projects last forever. I think I have a pair that's like ten years old. People on the SWD side of the board also have them for as long.

yorkshire pud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You really don't have to break the bank buying basics!!!

Last edited:

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you really want to wear dressy/pleated/creased chinos with a tshirt? Seems like a more casual pair of chinos would go better with tshirts.

Kernel

Reaction score
Do you really want to wear dressy/pleated/creased chinos with a tshirt? Seems like a more casual pair of chinos would go better with tshirts.
I'm sorry for didn't mentioned that. but for me, buy a chino that can be styled with t-shirt, t-shirt polo and shirt that seems good for me

Daniel Hakimi

Reaction score
Reddit has generalized brand recommendations for just about every kind of item.

Note that these are just a starting point of suggestions. You should understand what you want out of your clothes.

For chinos -- how do you want them to fit? Do you want a high rise? A crease? Slant pockets or patch pockets? A dry texture? A waxy texture? Lightweight? Flannel lining? What colors? Don't just say olive, there are four thousand shades of olive and some of them aren't even really olive.

What do you want in a tee shirt? Fit, weight, texture, drape... You'll get something different from Asket compared to what you get from The Anthology.

What do you want in sneakers? Minimal white leather sneakers, canvas sneakers, GATs, chunky dad sneakers, comfy ultraboosts, maximalist streetwear sneakers, what?

hysteria

Reaction score
Reddit has generalized brand recommendations for just about every kind of item.

Note that these are just a starting point of suggestions. You should understand what you want out of your clothes.

For chinos -- how do you want them to fit? Do you want a high rise? A crease? Slant pockets or patch pockets? A dry texture? A waxy texture? Lightweight? Flannel lining? What colors? Don't just say olive, there are four thousand shades of olive and some of them aren't even really olive.

What do you want in a tee shirt? Fit, weight, texture, drape... You'll get something different from Asket compared to what you get from The Anthology.

What do you want in sneakers? Minimal white leather sneakers, canvas sneakers, GATs, chunky dad sneakers, comfy ultraboosts, maximalist streetwear sneakers, what?
Have you tried Asket chinos?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads