• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommend me a Suede Chukka besides C&J Tetbury

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All right gents, I don't own a single pair of chukka, and think about getting my first one in suede (mistake? you tell me).

The only thing on my list right now is C&J Tetbury, at 275 pound (yup retail...).

Welcome to hear any other suggestion. I would definitely look into Alden if I am in the States, right now the only thing I knew my size in Alden is in Plaza last (because I tried it in BB London store
tongue.gif
)

I am definitely open to other English maker (AS/Church/Loake/Cheaney/Church) with similar quality as C&J Tetbury and similar price or lower. I thought about EG on 82 or 888 last, but pretty sure I am not going to find bargain on that any time soon...

I would prefer storm welt or at least double sole.

EvilFish

Reaction score
I have the Loake 1880 Kempton in dark brown suede, Dainite sole.

It's a lovely shoe, and can be had for under £200.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EvilFish
I have the Loake 1880 Kempton in dark brown suede, Dainite sole.

It's a lovely shoe, and can be had for under £200.

looks like it can be had at some dirt cheap price

http://www.tweedandcountry.com/produ...product-search

Though the last looks not that attractive to me. Do you think it looks better in person or the picture is pretty decent representation.

cioni2k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clee1982

Though the last looks not that attractive to me. Do you think it looks better in person or the picture is pretty decent representation.

Nice chukkas. I like the last. Personally, I'm not a fan of the super chiseled Tetbury, doesn't do much for me. Does anyone know if those sizes on that site are UK or US? I imagine UK since its Loake, but the site is a .com (and not .co.uk). I may have to snatch a pair instead of another pair of Suede Clark DBs for the Spring.

JohnsNotHere

Reaction score
I'm with you... I like the last as well. Recently purchased a pair. OP, the pictures are a decent representation FYI so may not be for you.

EvilFish

Reaction score

Those pictures are pretty representative.

It's not the sleekest boot in the world, but I personally love how it looks with a pair of dark jeans. I rarely wear them with anything other than denim.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hum, you guys have a point about Tetbury being too sleek. How's Loake 1880 quality compare to C&J benchgrade? Are the Church ones custom grade? I though church custom grade is even more expensive than C&J benchgrade.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
No!

haha, not saying getting a chukka as a mistake, but should I get the first chukka in calf/shell cordovan or suede, leaning towards suede at the moment.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
haha, not saying getting a chukka as a mistake, but should I get the first chukka in calf/shell cordovan or suede, leaning towards suede at the moment.

Yes! (To suede.)

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check out Ron Rider's chukkas.

MaxH

Reaction score
I like the 348 last and Tetbury boots, but in suede they look too much like pixy boots to me. You might look at other C&J boots in suede.

I tried the Pimlicos on the Loake Capital last which I think is a slimmer last than used for the Kemptons - they are a good looking boot in my view and are not put to shame by more expensive equivalents from the other UK manufacturers. However, I returned them because in boot form the Capital last does not suit me as well as in shoe form. It seems shoe fit doesn't necessarily imply good fit in a boot made on the same last (perhaps something to do with lace positioning, or because if some quirk of my feet).

Ultimately, I bought Church's Ryder in dark brown at a 10% sale in a Church's shop - more costly still than the Tetbury's, but they fit me well and I wanted dark down suede and Dainite soles.

I would also suggest having a look in Tricker's at sale time, they make great suede chukkas with very solid construction which are offered at good prices during their sales in Jermyn Street.

Max

Melcombe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MaxH

I would also suggest having a look in Tricker's at sale time, they make great suede chukkas with very solid construction which are offered at good prices during their sales in Jermyn Street.

+1. I've just had mine resoled and still going strong.

David

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads