• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Recommend me a printer

Teger

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
My 6 year old canon three function printer has died :( and have no idea what's the haps in the printing world these days.

I'd like to spend as little as possible on the printer - as well as cartridges - although I don't print a lot so cartridge cost isn't a deal breaker.

Needs to be able to scan.

Would prefer wireless.

What's the recs?

Rambo

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

yes color. no photos. i guess inkjet (cheaper, no?)

no, laser costs are significantly cheaper over the long term, what with refillable toner cartridges and no color to buy. even remanufactured toners are far cheaper and it'll bring your costs WAY down. the flipside is that inkjet printers tend to be more expensive upfront. not significantly, but still.

sadly, your printer has some seriously shitty timing. you missed all the real good black friday deals. keep an eye out for tomorrow's savings.

Rambo

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Rambo

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

is there just some random printer that will work ok and costs like $60?

with wireless and a flatbed, not unless its a complete piece of shit.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
last year, we spent like $100 in Best Buy on an ink jet with a scanner and wirless. It's awful. So awful that I just print off everything at work and only use the home one if it's an absolute emergency. Even so, the emergency printer is only running a 50/50 completion rate.

Laser all the way, really. Either spend the extra or print at Kinkos or something until you can spend the extra.

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm following this thread. Printing is rather expensive at my University (0,05€ per page... I'm 100% sure they could cut down the cost to 0,02€ per page without making a loss). So keep the suggestions coming.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you don't print alot you can get one for under $100 onsale at various places.

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Sabrosa

Reaction score
I hate buying printers more than any other piece of technology... that said, anyone have a good laser printer recommendation for home office use?

I could probably get away with black and white, but might check out color options as well.

It doesn't need to scan/fax, though wireless is important and auto-duplex would be a huge plus. Looking for good print quality, reliability, and reasonably priced toner refills over the long term (would rather pay more for the printer up front, etc). It'll mostly be used for text, some graphics, but not photos.

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami