• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recommend a Chair

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Looking for a chair. I will read in said item daily.

The requirements are:

Must have an ottoman or be able to use an ottoman (don't want a chair where I'll have to be reclined all the time).

Armrests

Nap-able

Look good

Ideally:

Not leather

Not more than $500, I guess around $400 would be ideal.

Not from Ikea.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it's going to meet your criteria it's probably going to be used.

I've been chair shopping for about a year and haven't bought one yet.

What's your preference re: style? Most design places and stores are leaning toward midcentury modern type stuff.

I have the sofa version of this and I'm pretty sure you could get it under $500.

Edit: not sure about the market in Atlanta, but $500 can buy you a used eames lounger knockoff in OK condition here. Might not have an ottoman, almost certainly upholstered in vinyl. New knockoffs under $500 will probably feel noticeably cheap.

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Poang is a pretty awesome chair, despite being from Ikea. Why'd you rule it out?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nerdykarim
The Poang is a pretty awesome chair, despite being from Ikea. Why'd you rule it out?
Last time I was in an ikea, they had some awesome finish options on the poang. A little bit more expensive than the base but there were some nice looks and its a good chair. I was quite fond of the green upholstry on birch or beech veneer. The green cushions alone kick in at $89 (I think the basic colors are less than $30) but the fabric was a much more interesting texture. The blue in the same fabric was also quite striking.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads