• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Receptionist doesn't answer phone

IUtoSLU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
If you do fire her...just be careful.

Make sure you are truly comfortable with your decision.

Or do you lie awake at night tormented?

Did you park your car out of sight at the neighboring lot today and made sure nobody saw you....just in case?

Are you at peace?

lol. I loved that thread.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
If you do fire her...just be careful.

Make sure you are truly comfortable with your decision.

Or do you lie awake at night tormented?

Did you park your car out of sight at the neighboring lot today and made sure nobody saw you....just in case?

Are you at peace?

LO f'n L

Fraiche

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ter1413
make sure she isn't banging the boss b4 you say something

+100

There is a very strong reason why some incompetent people keep their jobs.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ok, a receptionist who wont answer the phone is like a hooker who wont suck kawk. Both are in the wrong line of work

aphextwin07

Reaction score
haha, what kind of receptionist doesn't answer the phone? that is like the intrinsic duty of the job itself. sounds like a bad hire.

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aphextwin07
haha, what kind of receptionist doesn't answer the phone? that is like the intrinsic duty of the job itself. sounds like a bad hire.

Originally Posted by DorothyHick
How could it possibly happen that receptionist don't answer phone?

idk, she's been here quite a while. I understand why she doesn't like answering the phone for some people (I mean it's the same sales people that try to sell her the same cardboard boxes over and over. I'm sure it gets old after a while).

I don't want to go into too many details, but she is here through connections (not banging the boss).

Oh well, looks like I'll have to either put up with it or leave.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by yjeezle
she is here through connections (not banging the boss).
That's why she doesn't need to worry about answering the all phone calls.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In all seriousness, isn't her phone equipped with Caller I?. If there is one particular salesperson who keeps badgering her, shouldn't she be able to identify the phone number when it comes across her phone?

Otherwise, I would heed the advice of PocketSquareGuy. Talk to your manager and let him/her know you have a concern. Also, now sure how your company's culture works, but if you have a mentor this would be a great topic of conversation to have with them.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
get cool with her so your calls are answered. take her to lunch and she will be ur friend...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads