• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent Sartorialist Looks

Eligius

Reaction score
Originally Posted by linux_pro
This dude is trying WAY too hard. Comes off like a wanna-be-nerd c-bag hipster, that doesn't yet realize that beards are SO 2001. Dude, seriously. Comb the food pieces out of that beaver pelt on your face, lose the goofy ugly bowtie (that blue is hideously fake), get on a stairmaster and lose the massive gut before trying to wear a cardigan under a blazer (which in itself is douchey enough to deserve a kick to the jewels) and I dunno... maybe stop trying to force your style so much. When people try this hard, it just looks fake and falls flat.

And for the love of gawd, can we please get a federal ban on hipster beards? I swear that has to be the ugliest, most hideous trend of the last two centuries. It didn't look good in the Victorian age and it definitely doesn't look good now. And good luck finding any women that will let you anywhere near them with that smelly diseased face-mop.

snoring.jpg

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
I actually like Luca's look very much today

+ 1

ohm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The single biggest stumbling block for me when looking at pictures from the sartorialist is the color saturation. I appreciate that he's trying to do something artistic with the color in his photos but it makes it much more difficult for me to figure out what something actually looks like. I think Luca's photo is a good example. I really like the color on the suede boots, but I have to wonder how accurate that color is. Anyway, here is another site with more utilitarian color saturation that I think might add something to the discussion on the previous pages. http://hipsterpuppies.tumblr.com/

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ohm
I really like the color on the suede boots, but I have to wonder how accurate that color is.
I don't think it's accurate at all. Same goes for the purple sweater or the fuschia overcheck on the coat. All this is very unlikely to pop as much IRL.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mossrockss
11310LucaRub1872Web.jpg

Luca looks great on that one after the last car crash...

A very Italian look with the brown suede Chukkas ...Love the tones used in that combo...

Very chic and effortless ...

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Luca's hat. In fact the whole outfit is good, but I think the typical loud colours would work better with a plainer jacket. But hey, it's Luca. He'd probably break into a sweat if he had to leave the house wearing a single item which didn't punch.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by winston
I like Luca's hat. In fact the whole outfit is good, but I think the typical loud colours would work better with a plainer jacket. But hey, it's Luca. He'd probably break into a sweat if he had to leave the house wearing a single item which didn't punch.

By Luca's standards , it is quite a muted colour scheme used in that combo...

I love the browns and the purple..Very warm and earthy.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This dude is trying WAY too hard. Comes off like a wanna-be-nerd c-bag hipster, that doesn't yet realize that beards are SO 2001. Dude, seriously. Comb the food pieces out of that beaver pelt on your face, lose the goofy ugly bowtie (that blue is hideously fake), get on a stairmaster and lose the massive gut before trying to wear a cardigan under a blazer (which in itself is douchey enough to deserve a kick to the jewels) and I dunno... maybe stop trying to force your style so much. When people try this hard, it just looks fake and falls flat. And for the love of gawd, can we please get a federal ban on hipster beards? I swear that has to be the ugliest, most hideous trend of the last two centuries. It didn't look good in the Victorian age and it definitely doesn't look good now. And good luck finding any women that will let you anywhere near them with that smelly diseased face-mop.
Pot and kettle ...... you are trying way harder to critique him than he is trying to look a certain way. That is not to say I disagree with all (or even the majority) of your assertions, but your tone was far more vituperative than was warranted. In particular, "massive gut" is an idiot attempt at criticism based on that picture. Yeah, his cardigan rumpled a bit, he's mid-stride walking down the street!

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This dude is trying WAY too hard. Comes off like a wanna-be-nerd c-bag hipster, that doesn't yet realize that beards are SO 2001. Dude, seriously. Comb the food pieces out of that beaver pelt on your face, lose the goofy ugly bowtie (that blue is hideously fake), get on a stairmaster and lose the massive gut before trying to wear a cardigan under a blazer (which in itself is douchey enough to deserve a kick to the jewels) and I dunno... maybe stop trying to force your style so much. When people try this hard, it just looks fake and falls flat.

And for the love of gawd, can we please get a federal ban on hipster beards? I swear that has to be the ugliest, most hideous trend of the last two centuries. It didn't look good in the Victorian age and it definitely doesn't look good now. And good luck finding any women that will let you anywhere near them with that smelly diseased face-mop.

He is not that bad...

I quite like the all contrast between the conservative clothes and the beard...

Interesting look.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads