1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Recent purchases

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by minya, Apr 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Histrion

Histrion Senior member

Burberry pale blue slim-fit polo (Holt Renfrew)
    Rag & Bone, RB11 (Styleforum member)
    Prada, black v-neck (SuFu member)

+ dress shirts/ties.

2. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

GetSmart - Nice pickup. How do you plan on completing the outfit?

my go-to will be black trousers...otherwise dark denim or dark brown cords. I have a pair of burgundy cords that might look cool if I want to have a LOT of color going on. Black shoes, brown shoes, red shoes.....one good thing about burgundy is that it goes with a black colorway just as nicely as a brown one.

3. Badseeds

Badseeds Senior member

where'd you get the julius boots and pants? y!jp?

I got them from dress-japan.jp, via Juno's bid-japan service.

4. ragcondesk

ragcondesk Well-Known Member

You MUST try Leather CPR (http://www.leathercpr.com/) on any / all leather goods (except suede, of course). This stuff is amazing and makes new, stiff leather much suppler. I have used this remarkable compound on all my leather goods with great success and never been less than happy with the resulting effect. Bargain Outfitters is getting new stock in on 5/7 and 1/2 price at around $7.00. Bed, Bath & beyond carries it but at the regular $14.97 price.
    The Following is an excerpt about Leather CPR from Linda Cobb's #1 New York Times Bestseller, Talking Dirty With The Queen of Clean.
    "This miracle product conditions and cleans all types of leather, except suede. Totally neutral, Leather CPR can be used on leather furniture, car upholstery, purses, shoes, and equestrian equipment--and on any color leather. It is without a doubt the best leather cleaner I have ever found." Page 214

Linda Cobb, The Queen of CleanÂ[​IMG], is a #1 New York Times Best-selling Author. She has authored six books on cleaning, all of which have been bestsellers. Leather CPRÂ[​IMG] has been awarded her prestigious seal of approval for being the best leather care product available.

Perhaps SF should dedicate a sub-section devoted to the caring of clothing...

5. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

Ron Herman is a RIP OFF for the oxfords/shirts!!

I used to buy the plain basic oxfords for $400 when I lived in LA and then when I moved to NY I realized at BG they were only like $275-95. Even now the broadcloth oxfords don't hit above $300, the Sea Island Cotton shirts are $420 (tux shirt $520), the linenshirts are about $395 and then there are some more poplin like cotton shirts for about $375.

i think the oxfords were like 220 at bg back when I bought them from there
    they must of increased a lil bit

6. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

I'm thinking of buying all of the following items. Anyone care to give their opinions? [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Sabrosa

Sabrosa Senior member

I was considering picking up that Loomstate shirt on the top right too, although I prefer the shirt in white.

I really, really like that v-neck dot sweater at the bottom. Where did you find it, if you don't mind me asking?

8. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

I was considering picking up that Loomstate shirt on the top right too, although I prefer the shirt in white.

I really, really like that v-neck dot sweater at the bottom. Where did you find it, if you don't mind me asking?

http://www.azaleaonline.com/themkntbaek.html

This is the one piece I posted that I can't convince myself to buy yet. The $265 price tag is kind of steep.

9. Sabrosa

Sabrosa Senior member

Yeah, I just saw it on Azalea. I'm always hesitant to buy anything from Theory at full price, because it can usually be found on sale later on. That, and it's not like I need a sweater right now in Florida...

10. ghulkhan

ghulkhan Senior member

http://www.azaleaonline.com/themkntbaek.html

This is the one piece I posted that I can't convince myself to buy yet. The $265 price tag is kind of steep.

It theory makes then you should only buy it for less then 20 bucks

11. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Thom Browne oatmeal waffle knit cashmere cardigan w/ 3 ivory white armband stripes.

[​IMG]

12. Get Smart

Get Smart Senior member

Dig the cardigan!!... I'm sure you saw the varsity stripe cardigan with notch lapels at Bergdork? Now *that* sweater inspired [​IMG]

13. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Senior member

Dig the cardigan!!... I'm sure you saw the varsity stripe cardigan with notch lapels at Bergdork? Now *that* sweater inspired [​IMG]

I sure did...they had it in white an navy; but, it was also $3500 and I didn't feel like I needed to spend $1k more than I did for a notch lapel and trim.

14. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I think I may be slowly becoming an SDA whore... I had seen this shirt on a Rakuten shop sometime ago and loved it. Then BIG sent out that damn email update. Sigh. Had to get it. I mean how can you NOT love a shirt with little pig arses on it [​IMG] !!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Btw, the shipping was stupidly fast. From BIG to Tucson in a day or so [​IMG]

15. kronik

kronik Senior member

rofl, nice tee skal.

16. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

rofl, nice tee skal.

[​IMG]

Thanks. Wearing it now actually. The medium was a good fit, although a tad short; but I think that is intentional. Nice little details too.

17. fortune

fortune Senior member

18. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

I think I may be slowly becoming an SDA whore... I had seen this shirt on a Rakuten shop sometime ago and loved it. Then BIG sent out that damn email update. Sigh. Had to get it. I mean how can you NOT love a shirt with little pig arses on it [​IMG] !!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i was at big the other weekend and they have all these stuffed animal pigs. they should sell those, they're pretty awesome..

19. boost

boost Member

New pickups: 45rpm Sorahiko Slim (Raw) and Iron Heart 634s (21 oz.)

[​IMG]

20. cchen

cchen Senior member

How much is it? Its not listed on the BIG website

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.