• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
that green sweater looks fuckin sick

the houndstooth is gone in nyc

Thanks homie, it's even more gangster worn. Going to pick up the houndstooth shirt (they still got it) and wool/satin scarf next weekend. I still gotta get the marled v neck and gigantic scarf.

Miguel Alvarez

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Histrion
Just came back from NYC. I didn't have too much to spend so I didn't go wild...

- YSL pink/white striped shirt from C-21
- Neil Barrett sneakers from Scoop NYC
- Random knit sweater from H&M.

I also bought a black tiger fleece Spruce hoodie from a forum member last week.

It should do my wardrobe some good!

any pictures of the YSL shirt?

Histrion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Miguel Alvarez
any pictures of the YSL shirt?

Not at the moment as I'm leaving town in a few minutes and do not have time for this.

Its a dress shirt with french cuffs. The quality of the button stitching doesn't seem very nice as one of them fell off already. The collar is ugly. This is why I will get the shirt alterated to have contrasting (i.e.: white) collar and cuffs. This shirt will be more like YSL x Histrion. Hahah..

Miguel Alvarez

Reaction score
Not at the moment as I'm leaving town in a few minutes and do not have time for this.

Its a dress shirt with french cuffs. The quality of the button stitching doesn't seem very nice as one of them fell off already. The collar is ugly. This is why I will get the shirt alterated to have contrasting (i.e.: white) collar and cuffs. This shirt will be more like YSL x Histrion. Hahah..

Why did you make the purchase when you're obviously not that happy with the shirt?

Histrion

Reaction score
Why did you make the purchase when you're obviously not that happy with the shirt?

I was in a bit of a rush and only looked at the neck size and the color of the shirt. When I tried it on, back at my hotel, one of the buttons fell off and I noticed that the collar looked a tad strange on me. I will be very happy with the shirt when the alterations are made. I actually was looking for a contrast collar shirt, and didn't find a good one in my size, and was already contemplating making such an alteration on one of my shirts. The shirt was priced quite low (70$) so I don't mind the fact that some work will have to be done on it. Its worth it, from my standpoint.

Miguel Alvarez

Reaction score
I actually was looking for a contrast collar shirt, and didn't find a good one in my size, and was already contemplating making such an alteration on one of my shirts. The shirt was priced quite low (70$) so I don't mind the fact that some work will have to be done on it. Its worth it, from my standpoint.

Oh i see well 70 $ is nothing for a YSL shirt.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Oh i see well 70 $ is nothing for a YSL shirt.

It's YSL Pour Homme...an old liscene, not YSL Rive Gauche.

berlin report

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC

laugh.gif
You tell 'em SoCal!

Histrion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC

I never really buy dress shirt from that kind of designer but went for this one because the price was so low. How is this YSL license? I mean, who is the designer and how the quality in general? What I have seen thus far was not great.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got back from Japan. I picked up a pair of APC New Standards (cheaper than even eBay), a black very low buttoning polo, a black knit V neck, White Millitary style shirt, brown pair of slightly pointy shoes, short sleeve zip up jacket (all from Grosso or some other brand no one will know), two belts with traditional Kimono/Yukata disigns overlaid on leather (really hot with guys there this summer), Uniqlo Selvage slim straight raw, Slim M65 and blue/black hounds tooth slim tie from Comme Ca, very slim cut blazer from a little boutique in OIOI City Shibuya, and some random socks and stuff.

Oh, and a leather man bag (off white/cream) and a little waist pouch like I was looking for earlier (hangs from a carabiner

Babar

Reaction score
they still cary those? I thought 06/07 was Rive Gauche already at least my shirts are.
Today, YSL Rive Gauche is their only menswear line, but there were several YSL licenses with varying quality levels up to around 2000 or so (there might even still be some active licenses in certain places around the world like with Dior, I'm not sure). The shirt he got is probably just deadstock from the 90's.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by evilgeniusdan
^ Sounds like a great trip, although I find it amusing that you go Japan and you buy, of all things APC NS

Yeah, I was like "hmm well I could drop a couple extra bucks and go with a pair of Hosu Jeans that fit ok but not perfect or I could get some unwashed (I know they are sanfordized) NS for less than $100"
I took the safe way, Next year I'll probably pick up something more Japanese. I checked out 45RPM last year but got a bad impression because the sales chick was clueless. I was told this was a fluke but she said they didnt have anything slim at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads