• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent Purchases (Classic menswear - formerly Men's clothing)

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does a Russian reindeer smell like Santa Claus and happiness?

Last edited:

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Given the nature of the product, I'd think Santa Claus and death is a closer descriptor. Also vodka.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I initially fell for a beautiful, ridiculously light Isaia "trench", but at $1800 it was well beyond my budget for an outerwear piece, so I set out to find something "close enough".
My criteria were: casual but-not-too, lightweight, navy (preferred) or black, rain resistant or waterproof, fitted, long enough to cover a jacket. This fits the bill perfectly. It's made out of Gore-Tex so it is completely rainproof - I'm not a big fan of Barbour's oiled canvas offerings, especially in a work environment.

awesome. its a great feeling finding something that meets exactly what you want.

i did the same quite recently. more when it arrives. :)

They are made by Poulsen, Skone & Co (aka N&L). They are RTW. Cleverley has first right of refusal of the hides, and from what I have heard has sold off a lot of what they initially purchased. So, while rare, there are a few out there to be had. Still a cool story and the leather comes with an unbelievable feel, smell and patina fresh out of the box.
Stitchy, I didn't pay anywhere near retail. Nabbed them off the 'Bay, unworn, for a great price. Tip of the hat to member summej2. I'm still deciding whether to keep or flip.

well done sir. i want to smell your shoes.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
well done sir. i want to smell your shoes.

+1. I checked out the reindeer leather at a Cleverly trunk show, it's lovely stuff, with a beautiful and unique grain - and it smells very, very nice.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

+1. I checked out the reindeer leather at a Cleverly trunk show, it's lovely stuff, with a beautiful and unique grain - and it smells very, very nice.

i want its smell to resemble that of a cedar closet. very fresh, rustic and pleasantly aromatic.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

i want its smell to resemble that of a cedar closet. very fresh, rustic and pleasantly aromatic.

I'd say that's not too far off - they were treated with birch oil, and a little bit of that spicy woodiness is part of their scent. Seriously, it would make a great cologne.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'd say that's not too far off - they were treated with birch oil, and a little bit of that spicy woodiness is part of their scent. Seriously, it would make a great cologne.

Now i want a pair, just to smell. :censored:

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see. The insulated one I got actually has pretty wide shoulders. If there are any fit issues (for me) it's with the very high armholes...

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Three pairs of Tod's. Brown driving loafers. light blue suede driving loafers, and brown suede boat shoes.

-LR

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Three pairs of Tod's. Brown driving loafers. light blue suede driving loafers, and brown suede boat shoes.
-LR

sounds great, when can we see them? :D

aaconteh

Reaction score
Just bought a pair of brooks brothers strands at the Leeds, Alabama Allen Edmonds outlet on sunday. Brown factory-firsts for $110. The sales clerk told me they had an email come in about the sale, just as I was about to lay down 200 bucks. Glad I went to church that day!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads