• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent commissions (Saddler's Union, Rome)

naturlaut

Reaction score
Brown half Brogue from Saddler's Union 26 Via Condotti (across from Battistoni, on Brioni's side) Leather: antique brown, calf
SaddlersUnion01a.jpg
SaddlersUnion04a.jpg
SaddlersUnion08a.jpg
SaddlersUnion09a.jpg
SaddlersUnion11a.jpg
SaddlersUnion13a.jpg
Fit: very good arch support. Â The leather is soft the first minute it arrives, and it literally caresses your feet. Â I am not even concerned with construction and other things yet, they are very comfortable out-of-the-box. Â They are famous for their custom briefcases, but I couldn't come up with an idea of what I needed when I visited them, so I made a pair of shoes instead --- and it was only about 400 Eur, so I thought, hey I could always use another pair of brown half-brogue. Â There is apparently a tremendous amount of handwork (even the hold punch), so much so that you can actually notice some tiny 'imperfections'. Â These handwork, while not as neat as Lattanzi's, are a joy to behold. Â It is a very common, also nondescript pair of shoes, but very comfortable. Â The leather looks like it will age beautiful. Rating: *** Value: ***** ------------------ A word about my rating system: One star --- I regret my purchse, this establishment should be closed Two star --- Money could be better spent, but I could probably flip it on eBay; I won't order again Three star --- Good buy, will definitely order again, though I will need to spend more time to communicate my needs Four star --- Excellent product, will order again without hesitation and recommend to others. Excellent in every aspect. Five star --- Perfect. Â You'd have to pry the suit/shirt/shoes off my dead body. About my rating on value: One star --- not worth it at all Two star --- Unless you have more cash then you can spend ... Three star --- Balanced pros and cons Four star --- Good value for an excellent product Five star --- I won't spend money on anything from anywhere else again

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice Naturlaut. I should check them out next time around. For the price, it is incredibly reasonable. How is the quality of the leather? For that price, did they also make you a last? As I mentioned to you in another post, my wife has a briefcase from them, but I was a bit wary since 99% of the people there were Japanese, and I thought I may be ripped.....

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice Naturlaut. Â I should check them out next time around. Â For the price, it is incredibly reasonable. Â How is the quality of the leather? Â For that price, did they also make you a last? Â As I mentioned to you in another post, my wife has a briefcase from them, but I was a bit wary since 99% of the people there were Japanese, and I thought I may be ripped.....
Racist.
tounge.gif
koji

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(T4phage @ 07 Nov. 2004, 05:12) Very nice Naturlaut. Â I should check them out next time around. Â For the price, it is incredibly reasonable. Â How is the quality of the leather? Â For that price, did they also make you a last? Â As I mentioned to you in another post, my wife has a briefcase from them, but I was a bit wary since 99% of the people there were Japanese, and I thought I may be ripped.....
Racist.
tounge.gif
koji
Hey, I did get ripped twice
confused.gif
Saw a beautiful tie at one store and decided I must have it (of course it was in a store that had many Japanese as sales people - gimme a break, it was my first time there.) paid double the price compared to another store.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, I'm the same way when it comes to food. If I'm go to a japanese restaurant for the first time that has too many white people in it, I don't eat there (same with Korean and Chinese restaurants).

koji

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, I'm the same way when it comes to food. Â If I'm go to a japanese restaurant for the first time that has too many white people in it, I don't eat there (same with Korean and Chinese restaurants). koji
Same here. If I don't see many Asians dining in an Asian restaurant, I get the heck out of there. Made that mistake when I first got to the Netherlands......
sad.gif
never again.

shqiptar

Reaction score
Rating: ***** Value: ***** Great buy. I like the shape of the shoes and the accompaning details, which make them look like a millionaire's shoes. The most important thing is the shape of them, very elegant and moderate (not gaudy, or hip). You can wear them 20 years from now and still look elegant and timeless. The prize is very good, and it's one of those products that deserves the money. I would pay 400 euro for this kind of shoes with pleasure. A thoughtfull purchase. Enjoy them: walk the walk, now.
biggrin.gif

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful leather and detailing. However, does anyone else find the shape a bit odd for an italian shoe. Instead of being svelt like they usually are, these seem a bit more "full" like Aldens.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads