• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Raw Ingredient and Mise en Place Appreciation thread.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Any specific ways I should think of preparing these (rouget)? I'm open to trying a few different things. I pan seared fillets tonight, and they came out nicely. Should I try roasting or grilling whole?

Eat them tonight. Rouget doesn't last.

Great fish, though. Make sure it is underdone. Maybe a minute on one side, 20 seconds on the other.

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ate some earlier; I bought a dozen. I have 6 left that I was planning to make tomorrow. How will I know if they've gone bad? The anus? Eyes? Smell?

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I've been doing it wrong. I've been not cutting all the way through on purpose though. I find the shallot keeps falling apart if I don't leave that last layer intact.

Last edited:

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am getting better at filleting fish. These little Rouget were good practice.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Thick sliced, homemade bacon about to get cooked.

IMG_0883-1.jpg

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I really like thick cut bacon cooked in the oven... I love the bite you get... it's very luscious.

This pic was a couple of weeks old as I have just not d/l'ed the camera lately. What I did was low heat and get a bit of colour on both sides. Then they got brushed with a mixture of honey, brown sugar, and cayenne pepper and popped into a 400 degree toaster oven. I was doing carbs that day and we each had a slice of brioche French toast with some pears Mrs. Piob had poached in something tasty.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Ivory is $24.99/lb. I can't recall how much regular king is...less, I would think. I'll check.

Holy **** that is a big markup. I know that one reason shops and restaurants push it is that they can sell it to consumers for more than king, but wholesale it is about 20% less than king.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads